Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Song of Ice & Fire is coming to TV!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: A Song of Ice & Fire is coming to TV! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

This is fairly old news now, but I only found out today. George R. R. Martin's fantasy series "A Song of Ice & Fire" have been given the rights to make a TV series!

To those who don't know the books, it is seen to be the best fantasy series of recent years, and some critics have gone as far as to dub George "The American Tolkien." Although I'm only halfway through the second book, it is easily one of the best I have read, and, seeing the massive popularity of it, I'm sure others out there have read them too.

I'm really looking forward to see what will be done with this, but seeing the quality of the original work, I have few worries.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This series will only truly work if they make each season based on one book and not try to condense two books into one season. This will be a very expensive series since special effects will most likely be used to create certain long-scenes of the many different regions. Not to mention the cost in creating the armor and weapons. If they can pull this off to be as good as HBO's Rome then I will call it a success.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been said that they're making a season for each book in the series, which is great, because it couldn't be done well in any other way.

Still, seeing how well HBO did with Rome, I think that they will be given the proper budget to work with. The main concern I have is the cast. There are so many characters in the books that it'll be incredibly expensive to hire enough actors to fill the roles.

I find it so hard to believe that it's taken this long for a fantasy TV show to appear. We've seen so much Sci-Fi, but not fantasy. As you can imagine, I'm really looking forward to the pilot!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I already ranted to Chopped Liverrr I mean Vertius about this for awhile the other day. The series ranks up right up there as one of my favorites. I'm a really big Jon and Daenerys fan, so I hope they do their stories the best. I can't wait to see The Wall. Oh and Winterfell! I used to use Winterfell as a basis for a castle in a game, since the whole hot springs through the wall was genius.

But I have the same fears with the whole actor things. There's just sooo many characters in the story that appear. The only reason I'm able to keep up with them, is because of the handy dandy family guide in the back of the books.

Characters I'm most interested in seeing:

Daenerys Stormborn, Jon Snowe, Eddard Stark, Tyrion Lanister, maaaybe Ayda Stark and of course the dire wolves. I'm really curious how they'll do the wolves with their size.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They will probably concentrate on the main characters while bringing in peripheral characters that affects the two storyllines in the series. They will most likely condense some of the smaller subplots dealing with the smaller houses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: