Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is Hugo's Dad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo is 15 in Suikoden 2.

But as I have said in another topic, age in Suikoden world is calculated different than the our current western world.

In the Suikoden world, people are 1 years old the day when they are born.
So Hugo is 15 years old in the Suikoden world, but he is 14 years old in our world (in our world, we count the first year as age 0)

This is the old Chinese way to count age. (Some Koreans do that too)

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's 16 no? So it's probably 16. Or 15. I thought it was 16. I could be trippin.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo is born in IS 461
The Dunan War starts at the year IS 460, the war itself takes about a year.
So Hugo is born after the war.

The problem is, we dont know the exact months, so its hard to calculate when exactly did Lucia got pregnant. We dont know if Hugo is born in December or January. It could be anywhere during the year of IS 460. It could be before Lucia went to Highland, during the war, or after she went back to Grassland.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rheo wrote:
Hugo is born in IS 461
The Dunan War starts at the year IS 460, the war itself takes about a year.
So Hugo is born after the war.

The problem is, we dont know the exact months, so its hard to calculate when exactly did Lucia got pregnant. We dont know if Hugo is born in December or January. It could be anywhere during the year of IS 460. It could be before Lucia went to Highland, during the war, or after she went back to Grassland.

That's true, there is a possibility that it wasn't even a member of the Highland army. Perhaps it was a traveller, or even a citizen of Highland. Perhaps neither and it was someone from the grasslands or somewhere else. All we know is black hair that could of been with Lucia at the time.

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is even known how long a Suikoden year lasts, or how long a woman is pregnant for?
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's also the possiblity of Hugo being born premature.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About Hugo's dad, we will not be sure about who he is, until we point a few things about Hugo himself. Therefore, we can be sure about the identity of this mysterious man.

Before I write anything, I just want to say that I might be wrong about these things.

The pointers:
- The first thing that everyone noticed is the color of Hugo's hair, which is blonde with black on the ends. Since there is no male person in Karaya with a similar hair, it gets obvious that his father is from somewhere else.
- In addition, there is the issue of the color of his eyes, I might be wrong but I do not think that the color of Hugo's eyes is the same as other Karayans, but if I am right, that could mean something.
- We also should not forget about his bad temper, although I do not think that it is a big deal since Karaya is a warrior village, but as warriors they do know how to control there temper but in Hugo's case it is an uncontrollable matter.

After evrey thing that I wrote, I do not think that his father is someone that we have seen in the suikoden series or someone from karaya.

Something else:
Since we all know that Lucia was pregnant with Hugo during the unification war and gave birth to him at the end of the war, it makes no sense to let us think that the father should be one of the old characters.

In addition to that, she was always following Jowy everywhere as a bodygaurd, so I do not think that she had the time to do it with anyone.The thing that I am sure about is that Hugo is a fruit of great love between Lucia and Hugo's dad, I know that you all are wandering about what makes me so sure about it, let me tell you. I am sure because when Lucia talked about Hugo's father, she made the impression of how she admire his honesty and how she is proud of him. This means that she knew him for a long time, and in my opinion that only happens when a person is very close to you.

It also prove that my theory about his father not being one of the old characters is true, since they were in a time of war and there is no time to waste in these kind of things.

Last edited by Njord on Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord wrote:
The pointers:
- The first thing that everyone noticed is the color of Hugo's hair, which is blonde with black on the ends. Since there is no male person in Karaya with a similar hair, it gets obvious that his father is from somewhere else.
- In addition, there is the issue of the color of his eyes, I might be wrong but I do not think that the color of Hugo's eyes is the same as other Karayans, but if I am right, that could mean something.
- We also should not forget about his bad temper, although I do not think that it is a big deal since Karaya is a warrior village, but as warriors they do know how to control there temper but in Hugo's case it is an uncontrollable matter.

1. It has been stated that the black part of Hugo's hair comes from his father, so the blonde part probably comes from Lucia. So Hugo's father is just a black hair person.
2. It could be. Or it could be because he is the main character and so he had a unique design.
3. He is a teenager. A lot of teenage boys are impulsive. And Karayans give me an impression of being hot headed. Beecham has snapped at the Zexens, Lulu rushed to attack Chris, Aila attacked Borus in the middle of VDZ. Hugo really isnt that bad.

Njord wrote:
Something else:
Since we all know that Lucia was pregnant with Hugo during the unification war and gave birth to him at the end of the war, it makes no sense to let us think that the father should be one of the old characters.

Actually, we dont. read my previous post.
We dont know the exact month of Hugo's birthday. We only know he is born in IS 461. It could be anyway in IS 460 from Jan to Dec. The Dunan war itself begins in IS 460 and takes about a year. Lucia could have gotten pregnant before the war, during the war, or even after the war.

Njord wrote:
The thing that I am sure about is that Hugo is a fruit of great love between Lucia and Hugo's dad, I know that you all are wandering about what makes me so sure about it, let me tell you. I am sure because when Lucia talked about Hugo's father, she made the impression of how she admire his honesty and how she is proud of him. This means that she knew him for a long time, and in my opinion that only happens when a person is very close to you.

Yes Lucia does seem to be fond of Hugo's father.
But that doesnt nessary means she has known him for a long time.
She doesnt know Jowy for very long, but she is very loyal to him.
Sometimes, you dont need to know a person for several years to know who they are.

About the not having time for this kind of stuff, you will be surprised.
After all, sometimes you do fall in love without being actively looking for it.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another hint of Hugo's father?

*spoilers*

If Chris is not the FC Lucia will whiper in her ear that it's difficult to be a strong woman in front of everybody but if she wants to have child of her own she must show weakness sometimes, or something like that. It's a very funny scene.

So we can suppose the man is one who has seen her in battlefield??? And admired her... thought that she were unreacheable but...
deadfoxx

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is something that i said on the subject on a differant one.

Personally I believe that Sydonia is the father, he flat out dissapeared after the forming of the toran republic so he could have been walking around the dunan area while lucia would have been present. he uses a dagger like Hugo although he trows it instead of up front fights with it tho. When he sets his mind to something he wont turn back from it which could describe that someone she knows. He has the black hair and even some blonde hair like that of hugo. Also has the deep piercing eyes which are a perfect match for Hugo 's eyes. Also he maybe a quiet man but hes kind and hes incredibly loyal like she describes Hugos father Because he wouldnt abandon Varkas even though he could have easily gotten away himself not only that he saved Varkas's life before the irst suikoden and even made varkas head of the bandits. And he also told varkas that he would return if he ever needed him. the only flaws in this are there is no proof that he was in the area only the possibilty and that Hugo cant short space teleport like Sydonia, but the teleporting thing isnt known if it is hereditary or a taught skill.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm Hugo's dad. and you're all my bitches.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe he'll be a TRB in Suikoden 4, and well meet mr. daddy eh?

the two of them just had a "one time visit" because they may never meat (don't ask, I know its spelt meet) again so she needed somthing to rerember him by.
it works for Bad fic writing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought Yuber was Hugo's father mostly because of what Yuber said to Hugo before thier duel about not caring who his parents are if he's weak. As for the black hair that could tie into Yuber & Pesmerga relation.
Twink

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's...MIKLOTOV!!!

1: Miklotov has Black hair, duh
2: Some would say he's a kind man.
3: Lucia headed back to Harmonia or wherever she came from via Matilda, After the war.
4: Lucia would be very PO while heading back home, and Miklotov always feels sorry for poor saps he meets and tries to help them. If they met, well.. Boom chica wow wah.
5: He's a dirty dirty slut.

Have a nice day. :D :D

Everything you think you know, is incorrect.
Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Sydonia, case closed ;D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: