Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nagarea and Falena Earthquake
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So an earthquake is going to decide to go around places then?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
So an earthquake is going to decide to go around places then?

Are you playing devil's advocate or do you know nothing about tectonics?

As we know, the Great Earthquake destroyed a mountain on the Nagarea/Falena border. The destruction of this mountain is what blocked off all paths between the two nations.

There is no actual reason for the earthquake to have been so powerful that it should have smashed Nagarea or Sauronix. If the mountain was located on/near the fault line and if the mountain was sufficently unsturdy then even a modest-sized earthquake could topple it.

Of course, to anyone in the area, an earthquake toppling a mountain is going to be great, even if it's not smashing it's way through two countries.

Even if this was not the case, earthquakes do not eminate with equal force in all directions when they happen anyway! And I realise I should have just posted that sentence, rather than the theory above to save time. Woe!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that we know it was a "special earthquake", it's hard to apply the facts and persona of normal earthquakes to this one, especially when theres so little information available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: