Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Riou and Jowy being seperated

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Riou and Jowy being seperated Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I'm not for sure if this was already talked about, if it was, I appologize for this.

Anyway, at the begining of Suikoden 2 when the two jump off of the cliff into the river, Jowy ends up in Toto. Where as Riou ends up.....where? From the scene, its near a river or stream. But looking at a map, I don't see a river near the Mercanary Fortress, besides the river that at Toto and the one conecting Duran and Toran. So, in a nutshell, how and where does Riou end up at after jumping off of the cliff. For some reason, I've got a hunch that there's a split in the river somewhere in the mountians. Just a thought that is.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's actually the same river, just slightly north of Toto. When Jowy continued to drift and Flik could not rescue him, they assumed he had floated straight down to Lake Dunan, when in fact, he was rescued as he floated through Toto by Pilika's parents, Joanna and Marx.

If you look at the map of Dunan, you can see that the river flows south into Dunan but it doesn't reach Toto immediately. So, yeah, just a few miles north of Toto Village from the same river is where Riou was rescued.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

riou ends up going further downstream, where viktor and flik find him; they take him to the mercenary's fort, just south of toto village, where jowy ends up.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Either way, they were in that river for a long time! Tenzan Pass seems to be on the same lattitude as Highway Village in Matilda and Toto is south of Muse City, almost on the same lattitude as Lakewest (roughly). They floated for miles. They were probably knocked unconscious from the impact of the water, though.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yah, this has always bugged me as well. what would Flik and Victor be doing that far north of toto? theres nothing there!

oh how different it would of been if they had caught Jowy and left Riou.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here! I've always wondered how could Victor and Flik possibly be there? Do they have a radar or something? :shock: Its like they spotted them from somewhere. The watchtower in the mercenary camp can't be that high for them to see. Like a previous post said, the mercenary camp was way too far.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And they were on the west side of the river, and probablly would of had to have passed through Toto...
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They were gathering rags and rope for Pohl to use on anyone they happened to pick up. Flik had just said "Viktor, this is dumb, we're never going to use these things." when they found Riou floating.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you. Man! I am so forgetful >.< sorry. Hahah! but ya thats my hunch too somewhere in the mountains
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: