Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of the Abyss
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, God dammit. The "game" they announced was Tales of Fandom Volume 2. Not even worth making a thread for.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a rather unusual question: The jacket or mantle which Luke wears, does anyone know if you can buy something like that? Has it a specific name? :?
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tales Of The Abyss is a great game I've already beaten it 3 times I'm still trying to get all the costumes in the game Is it just me or are the Abyss man costumes really awesome.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got a hold of a Tales of the Abyss extra story thing, thought I'd share it with everyone. Gonna be blacked out since it's rather sizable spoilers for both the game and the manga. It's gonna be a rough summary, but hey that's the best I can do. This particular one is about Arietta's past.

SPOILERS: The extra story is about the past between Arietta and the Original Ion. Let me say this, what Arietta said in game was true Original Ion and Party Ion are like two completely different people. The Original Ion was by far the most evil character, makes all the villains in the game look like pansies compared to him. He kills people, tortures Sync, calls Arietta his pet, kills people who touch his "pet", and conspires with Van in order to go about his plan. :SPOILERS.

Last edited by Fudozukushi on Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What extra story thing is this? In a book, I assume?
Fudozukushi

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
What extra story thing is this? In a book, I assume?

It's an extra story included one of the Abyss mangas.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sooo... I picked this up the other day. At first I totally didn't even notice Luke's stomach, but when I looked in the manual and saw it I was like "fskdfa;hfdasjf =o". Definitely a distraction. The worst is that I always look at it at the end of the battle. Blarg.

So yeah. I think it's okay. I like Symphonia more, I think, but I've only played about 2 hours, so. I thought I'd like Luke because of his stomach, but he's such a whiny little bitch. I hate it. I just wanna throw my controller at my TV whenever he talks. So yeah... Tear is my favourite character. I thought she'd be some lame, serious, romantic character after skimming the manual and seeing the intro, but I really like her. It's funny, the character I thought I'd like more is the one I hate most, and the one I thought I'd hate is the one I like. Although I still like Luke's stomach. :O Does he cut his hair sometime? I hate long hair.

Umm, what else... its pretty similar to Symphonia so I don't really have much to say, really. I don't think I'll like Jade. He's so weird. His smiles and his very long hair... eww. </3

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally finished the game. Yes I know, this is a bit late considering how long ago the game came out. I wasn't sure if I wanted to play it at first, since I wasn't really into the Tales series. I've only played a bit of Tales of Destiny, and Tales of Symphonia. Neither I have finished, so I wasn't sure if I would like this game. I thought Luke and Ashe were rip-offs of Axel from Kingdom Hearts, and didn't want to play it at first. Then I just felt like going for it, since I've beated Ar tonelico already. I didn't think I would like the game much, but I was wrong. It was just as good as people hyped it up to be. Most of the characters were enjoyable.
The character development within the game was great. Unlike other stories I've seen, they actually did the changes in the right places with Luke. Not to sound evil, but I was happy when I saw him fall. Not just because I didn't like him(Althought that was probably part of it at the time), but because it was necessary for his development. The timing for his change was great as well. Not in the beginning, and not too far where you don't see him changing much at all. Sure Luke still has problems through the game, personality-wise, but it shows how human he is. I'm glad I played it through to watch him grow. Bit by bit, you see Luke's character develope, which is what makes him grow on me. I didn't like his voice much, but it's not bad for him either, and over time, I got used to his voice.
Tear, she seemed a bit boring at first, but I liked her a lot better then Luke in the beginning. I liked her singing, and how she was always so firm, but had a cute side to her. She was always so patient with Luke, which I admired in her. If I was her, I'd slap him a couple times every time he acted like a stupid kid. But no, not her, she gives him a firm talking to, and a reasonable one as well. Most girls in Tear's position would act more like Natalia(although I'm not trying to diss her either). Tear's a soldier, and she's portrays herself as well. I love her voice as well. Not as cute as the jpn, but it has a nice tone to it IMO.
Guy, he's every girl's dream, and every guy's ideal friend. Makes me envy Luke, since Guy is probably one of the most loyal friends I've seen. After getting him, I didn't want to take him out of my party. He was always there for Luke, and really is a good friend. Make him the main character, and you pretty much got your ideal hero in most RPGs. What gets to me is how protective he is of Luke, and how he's able to deal with his past. Watching Guy through the story, just made me like him more and more. So yes, he's my favorite at the moment, with Tear being second. Gameplay-wise, Guy is great to have as well. He has great speed, and good abilities.
Jade is just amusing to watch. I don't know what other RPGs have someone like him. Usually his type would be the bad guy in most games, or a side character who helps the heroes. So I was thrilled to have him in my party when I could use him. Just so he can talk with enemy, and make jokes while they're in battle. I use him for the majority of the game. His costumes are a riot as well. I love how he teases everyone else around him, and how he keeps saying how old he is. I love how he plays around with Dist. I wish Dist was around a bit longer, mainly because it's too amusing to watch Jade torture poor Dist.
Mieu, at first, I didn't blame Luke for hating the Chealges. I mean, I felt like tossing them up the wall too. Saying Mieu all the time, and acting all cute. Wasn't happy with the way Luke treated Mieu in the beginning either, but I could understand the frustration. As the game moved along, Mieu eventually grew on me. Despite he's pretty much sugar, I like the fact he's loyal to Luke no matter what he does to him. Plus there are times when Luke and Mieu are funny together. Now I kind of like him saying Mieu...

My only complaint would be the game-play, since it's not something I'm used to. Plus, I hate it when AIs keep using up all the apple gels. If they're at critical they need the lemon ones.
Music is alright, but not great IMO. The only song that really gets to me is probably karma(The opening song).
This is actually the first Tales series I've finished. I was wondering why people were so into this game, now I understand.

Fudozukushi wrote:

SPOILERS: The extra story is about the past between Arietta and the Original Ion. Let me say this, what Arietta said in game was true Original Ion and Party Ion are like two completely different people. The Original Ion was by far the most evil character, makes all the villains in the game look like pansies compared to him. He kills people, tortures Sync, calls Arietta his pet, kills people who touch his "pet", and conspires with Van in order to go about his plan. :SPOILERS.

*spoilers*
Out of curiousity, but was it actually confirmed that Ion died from an illness? Considering that kind of behaviour, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to drug him, and get him out of the way. Ion 2 was at least more cooperative. But wow, I didn't think the difference would be that dramatic. He sounds like Albedo from Xenosaga. How did he treat Ion 2?
*end spoilers*

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet. This one is still in the queue of "things to play", so I'm even more behind the times than you are. The positive stuff you're saying just means I'm looking forward to eventually playing it even more. ^_^
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still have yet to play FF12, and many more lol.

There are cons to the game of course. Loading times being one of them. And the characters can be a hit or miss, but everyone seems to love Jade. So him alone might be a good reason to keep going, or at the very least, try the game.
I hope you like it as much as I did, but my review might be bais since I just beated it.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You think you're late in finishing the game? I haven't even finished playing it, due to numerous distractions.
I rather like the long-haired Luke. Sure he might have been a whiny brat and he annoyed me a number of times, but given his circumstances, I think just about anyone would have complained about everything that happened, especially Luke, seeing that he's your typical spoiled rich kid. However, like every other member of the party, I was very mad at the part where Luke destroyed Akzeriuth and kept on pinning the blame onto everyone. That incident made my approval of him drop a significant amount of points, but at this point of the game, I think he has rectified himself, although I think he's far too apologetic and martyr-ish.
As for Tear, I'd say that she's about so so for me Her tough attitude was fine at the beginning, but I found her toughness to be overly unrealistic at the later parts, even if it was supposed to be part of her training. I guess it was manly in the way the producer presentedf her image, because judging by the dialogue, Tear is a very nice and caring person who just doesn't feel the need to be overly emotional.
Then Jade...Jade is one million gald of awesome. He's one of the oddest characters I've seen in a game (short of Suikoden, where you can find people of almost every kind). He's funny in a distinctly adult manner, he likes to complain about obviously non-existent pains (Favorite line for this: No, no, I've been frail since birth... *Feeble cough*), he likes to chide the other members of the party, he's extremely tactless and honest, and he's simply perfect in almost all regards. Games need more people like him.
Other than Jade, Guy is also one of my favorite characters. I like to say that it's because Guy is just a nice guy in general, but it's also because he's the second most mature person in the party. I was impressed with how he decided to just let go of his hatred in order for peace to be maintained, and he plays a part in some of the funnier scenes.
Natalia was okay for me. I like her style and her ditziness, plus her titles are very useful when it comes to looking for rare items. I however found her obssession with Asch to infuriating.
I won't talk aboutAnise. She's quite fine, enough said.
I wasn't overly fond of the gameplay at first, being close to a complete noob at it. As I got better though, I decided that it wasn't so bad, and it's still not as finger hurting as Kingdom Hearts. Oh, and the lag was horrible, but I got used to it.

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:

*spoilers*
Out of curiousity, but was it actually confirmed that Ion died from an illness? Considering that kind of behaviour, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to drug him, and get him out of the way. Ion 2 was at least more cooperative. But wow, I didn't think the difference would be that dramatic. He sounds like Albedo from Xenosaga. How did he treat Ion 2?
*end spoilers*

*SPOILERS* Yeah they confirmed it, in fact Original Ion made party Ion read the part of the Score that said Original Ion would die of a disease.

On an additional note about the Ion replicas. Their were seven made as people know, the first was beheaded by Van as soon as it was made, 2-4 all had defects, 5 is Sync who at the time couldn't use the Fon Master power, 6 is Florian who had motor trouble, and 7 is Party Ion who was chosen as the keeper. So Van and Mohs threw the rejects into Mt. Zaleho where 2-4 all died. Van went back for some reason and found Sync then brought him out. Florian himself somehow escaped and was captured by Mohs for use at a later date. After "saving" him Van brainwashed Sync into thinking the whole world was out to kill him, then emplanted that Fonic Glyph on his body allowing him to use the full power of the Fon Master
*END SPOILERS*
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
However, like every other member of the party, I was very mad at the part where Luke destroyed Akzeriuth and kept on pinning the blame onto everyone. That incident made my approval of him drop a significant amount of points, but at this point of the game, I think he has rectified himself, although I think he's far too apologetic and martyr-ish.

*Spoilers*
I was not happy to see Luke acting this way either, however, after finding out he was a replica, and only 7 years old, I cut Luke some slack. I think any child who grew up the way he did, and had his hero betray him like this would of acted the same. On the contrary, I felt disappointed with the way some of them treated Luke. It made me like Guy all the better, because he was willing to be there for Luke despite his fault. Sure Luke deserved being talked down to, but I thought he should at least have someone help him. So I was glad Tear was with him, despite what she said about not.
*end spoilers*

Fudozukushi wrote:

*SPOILERS* Yeah they confirmed it, in fact Original Ion made party Ion read the part of the Score that said Original Ion would die of a disease.

On an additional note about the Ion replicas. Their were seven made as people know, the first was beheaded by Van as soon as it was made, 2-4 all had defects, 5 is Sync who at the time couldn't use the Fon Master power, 6 is Florian who had motor trouble, and 7 is Party Ion who was chosen as the keeper. So Van and Mohs threw the rejects into Mt. Zaleho where 2-4 all died. Van went back for some reason and found Sync then brought him out. Florian himself somehow escaped and was captured by Mohs for use at a later date. After "saving" him Van brainwashed Sync into thinking the whole world was out to kill him, then emplanted that Fonic Glyph on his body allowing him to use the full power of the Fon Master
*END SPOILERS*

I see, thank-you.

*spoilers*
Does it actually show Ion dying, and his last words then? Sorry, just curious what Ion would of said on his death bed.
It's a bit hard to believe Ion and Ion 7 would be polar opposites. When Ion mentioned he hated being a replacement, it always made me think he might of had a secret agenda within before, but something changed him. However, judging by Anise's view of him, he really didn't. I'm just wondering why Ion 7 was pretty trusting and kind, while Ion was actually evil. Did Van program Ion 7 to be this way?

*end spoilers*

There has been one thing that has been puzzling me, and after beating the game, it was still not answered. So perhaps I missed it during my play-through. Anyway, regarding and Guy and Luke's bet, Guy mentions it a few times in the game, but it was never mentioned on what the bet was. So I was wondering if anyone knew, or remembered it. Luke claims he doesn't remember, so either Guy made the bet with Ashe or Luke just doesn't remember.

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:

*spoilers*
Does it actually show Ion dying, and his last words then? Sorry, just curious what Ion would of said on his death bed.
It's a bit hard to believe Ion and Ion 7 would be polar opposites. When Ion mentioned he hated being a replacement, it always made me think he might of had a secret agenda within before, but something changed him. However, judging by Anise's view of him, he really didn't. I'm just wondering why Ion 7 was pretty trusting and kind, while Ion was actually evil. Did Van program Ion 7 to be this way?

*end spoilers*

*SPOILERS* Yeah the manga shows Original Ion dying and his last words, but since I can't read it I have no idea what it says. But from the imagery I think it has something to do with Arietta.

As for Ion 7, in Tear's flashbacks about her training with Legretta, Legretta mentions that the Reformist Faction needs a figurehead. So Van probably did shape Ion 7 up to be the way he is.
*END SPOILERS*

Dragonstar13 wrote:
There has been one thing that has been puzzling me, and after beating the game, it was still not answered. So perhaps I missed it during my play-through. Anyway, regarding and Guy and Luke's bet, Guy mentions it a few times in the game, but it was never mentioned on what the bet was. So I was wondering if anyone knew, or remembered it. Luke claims he doesn't remember, so either Guy made the bet with Ashe or Luke just doesn't remember.

*SPOILERS* Yeah Guy made the bet with Luke and Luke just doesn't remember. The bet was whether or not Guy could pledge his allegiance and friendship to the son of the man who killed his family. If Luke won the bet then Guy would forget getting revenge. You can view the thing by completing Guy's Jewal of Gardios sidequest. *END SPOILERS*
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:

*SPOILERS* Yeah the manga shows Original Ion dying and his last words, but since I can't read it I have no idea what it says. But from the imagery I think it has something to do with Arietta.

As for Ion 7, in Tear's flashbacks about her training with Legretta, Legretta mentions that the Reformist Faction needs a figurehead. So Van probably did shape Ion 7 up to be the way he is.
*END SPOILERS*

I see, thank-you.

Quote:
*SPOILERS* Yeah Guy made the bet with Luke and Luke just doesn't remember. The bet was whether or not Guy could pledge his allegiance and friendship to the son of the man who killed his family. If Luke won the bet then Guy would forget getting revenge. You can view the thing by completing Guy's Jewal of Gardios sidequest. *END SPOILERS*

Ah yes, I haven't done the 2nd play through yet, and didn't do that subquest yet.

Oh, and could you re-post pics of Guy again. I tried the link, but it requires a password. Also, do you have any pictures of Luke in his final gear? I saw some a scan of him in his last outfit, and wanted to do a drawing of him in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: