Suikoden Ugly and Informational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Card stories on GBA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Card stories on GBA Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is a sorry topic, but um...anything about the GBA "card stories" aside from I've seen those cute little spries in it?
what is is about? how do you play it? is there any a large or small aduicence?

I saw a show on a show about Games that there is a (Metal gear?) game that is a card battle one, acctualy the whoe episode was about card battles, and I found the host's actions to be a bit, annoying maybe insutive (they went around harassing confussed people in Japan about card battle games)

anway...so...heres our topic.
aslo, would the suikoden card game, on the whole do good in, America? I see .hack card games, and of course yugioh (but you are playing their game) and other card games...based from things (Harry Potter, Starwars and such)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden Card Stories on the GBA is essentially an abbreviated version of Suikoden II (I mean, really abbreviated. Jowy joins Highland after he and Hero 2 jump into the river). The game's navigation mostly takes place through menus and the point-and-click world map, but you occasionally get these bizarre mini-dungeons you run through. The combat is essentially the real card game with the game's AI as your opponent, and that's kinda okay. Never was a huge fan of the cards.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that the card game would be a success in North America, mostly because it doesn't stand out from the rest.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I imported it despite not speaking Japanese. I actually had some fun with it, though partially because it was portable and I could watch TV while I played. I really nice board member helped me out with some of the rules (the guy who runs that Suikoden 1 Saturn site), though the basic rules are easy enough to pick up. The real trouble is figuring out what the special cards do. Just like in Magic the Gathering, some monsters have no abilities and some would require reading to understand. Eventually I got to a point in the game where it was too hard for me to continue without actually understanding what I was doing.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually have a ROM of it and I'm having fun right now. X3 Now if only Wizard's of the Coast would translate the cards....
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually have the game (I found on eBay one night) it's not amazing, and would definately recieve a low sale and an even lower welcome if it was to be brought to America in its current state.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, the GBA game is pretty poor compared to the actual physical card game. The amount of cards included seriously lacked variety (only Suikoden II included, with a few exceptions like Nash). The game would probably fare a bit better here compared to the Gaidens, but that's pretty much all it could do really.

As for the card game itself, it'd probably appeal to only fans of the series. It's nowhere near as appealing to outsiders as other more mainstream card games (not even compared to YGO and Pokemon).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: