Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Will the Grasslands be able to continue on for long?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Grasslands will stick together. the Lizard, Karaya, and Duck clans are the most close-knit, and they are the fighters of the Grasslands. Also, Alma Kinan has opened up to the rest of the world, and will most likely help out with the fighting, and also Le Buque will definately help out a lot since they sort of owe the Fire Bringers for making them independant.

Chisha will most lilely realize that they cannot just depend on the other clans to protect them whenever they are in need. They will most likely start to organize an army and help out in wars and other skimishes. Safir will rebuild with the help of the other clans, along with Karaya. Not to mention, there are other villages of the same clan, not only the ones we saw in Suikoden III. A duck in Suikoden III mentions that they are from another village to the south. So, the different clans may be closer than we think.

The only thing we know about after Suikoden III as far as wars is that it was mentioned in the crdits by Dupa's name that he fights in many battles against Tinto after the second Fire Bringer War. But, I doubt Lilly would fight against Karaya, since she made such good companions with Hugo during the war. Most likely, the war that is mentioned by Dupa's name is just between the Lizard Clan and Tinto. Also, Chris and Hugo say that they will see each other on the battlefield many times after the game is over, but I have a feeling that they will sort of try not to become enemies, since they had to work together so many times in Suikoden III.

Another thing to note is that Zexen, Grasslands, and Harmonia all have True Runes (when you choose Hugo as the Flame Champ, which seems to be the "correct" ending.) Grasslands have the True Fire rune, Zexen has the True Water Rune, and Harmonia has the True Earth Rune, not to mention the Circle Rune and other True Runes. The True Wind Rune is lost somewhere, and Geddoe is probably wandering around with the True Lightning Rune. If anything, a future war will be between Harmonia and everyone else. Harmonia will want their Runes back, and Zexen, Grasslands, and most likely Tinot (they wouldn't want to lose their land) would team up against Harmonia, in which case, Harmonia wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, the Free Knights of Kamoro and Hallec's village would help out with any war against the Grasslands. And since Teresa and Lucia made the peace treaty after Suikoden II about Teresa's father killing Lucia's father, I doubt there will be any problems with Dunan. That is probably why Lucia went to Dunan after Suikoden III, to make sure everything was still alright.

And it's not like the Grasslanders will not learn any technology from other nations. After Suikoden III, they will probably understand that without the help of other nations, they were powerless. Most likely, they will learn to use different weapons and other technology from Zexen, Tinto, Dunan, Harmonia, etc.

In conclusion, the Grasslands are going to be okay.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I highly doubt Harmonia would try another invasion(at least not for the forseable future). After all Grassland has a true rune and that is enough of a deterent. Dunan does not seem to have any intention for expansion. As for Tinto well there not that big of a threat im sure the Grasslands can beat them if needed. Zexen would probable have minor border skermish but i dont think there would be any serious wars between them
Drake Silvermoon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One way they could survie is form a true kingdom. But keep things the way they like it. Just One Tribe rules for so meny years thene so on. They could join the namlees lands.
But at the rate they are at they will most likely be counqured by one of the neighboring powers.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They'll survive one way or another. I mean they did it once and they can do it again.

If the past is taken into cnsideration(True Fire Rune going berserk) i dont hink any other nation may be foolish enough to attack them. Now that it may be quite known that the Grasslands has 3 True Runes who could virtually destroy the entire continent, I dont think any nation would take the risk.

note that this is because of the emergence of the True Fire, True Water,and True Lightning Rune. No nation is stupid enough to risk destruction.Right? 8-)

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Except the True Water Rune is in Zexen (Chris Lightfellow) and the True Lightning Rune is technically in Harmonia, thanks to Geddoe's membership in the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright if we do consider that they wont help if there were any foreign attack on the Grassland, there is still the True Fire Rune which is also very deadly. So even if there wouldn't be a True Water or True Lightning, the risk of still going toe-to-toe w/ the True Fire is still something w/c no nation would risk unless they could of course manage to control the True Rune somehow.

Valence Turmeil
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think anyone would willingly mess with grassland. Even harmonia would be very hesitant to try and invade Grassland what more of the other nations?
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, aside from the True Fire Rune, there is still the allied coalition of the Grassland clans, the Camaro knights ant others, the Grasslands have a huge power now, a power that skipped them for a peroid of time but now that they have this allied power, I don't really think any nation is truly foolish enough to wage war with the grassland, much more with Zexen, sure there would be border skirmishes and a few fights here and there but that's it(the fighting between each other is something that keeps these two forces alive[weird huh?] well they can't live without fighting each other)

Anyway even Zexen wouldn't risk going on a full scale war with the Grassies and vice-versa as both sides know how desrtuctive the other is so i really do think the grasslands will hold out unless of course something like the True Wind Rune tragedy may happen and noone escapes(total destruction). 8-)

Valence Turmeil
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may have said this before, but I rather think that the Grasslands will continue to shrink. I would presume that Safir was absorbed into Harmonia and of course, they retained Le Buque (even if the Manga says otherwise). Zexen will continue to require land, whether they gain it peacefully or end up taking military action.

Tinto I think will continue to be making the most grabs for land. The need for agriculture is important to Tinto. Since "President Gustav" implies some sort of democratic system, just having Lilly not wanting to go to war with Grasslands won't be sufficient to change the nation's policy towards the Grasslands.

What will happen to the clans? Chisha will probably peacefully be absorbed into another nation (unless it's Harmonia) and very little will change for them. Alma Kinan will remain hidden from the world and probably fade into myth and obscurity, despite still existing. The other three clans will have difficulty adjusting, due to their warlike tendencies and racial differences.

Karayans, Lizards, Ducks, and maybe Chishans might end up eventually forming an actual country (perhaps a Federation, like the Island Nations) to become a more united body capable of more easily dealing with outside threats. Inevitably such a federation would cause the clans to modernize and become less like loosely connected entities. Since the Nameless Lands also seems to have a tribal nature for some individuals (i.e. Hallec), the "Grasslands Federation" could potentially spread to the north.

I don't think Zexen could continue to stand toe to toe with Tinto though. I could see even Zexen becoming a member of a potential "Grassland Federation" given that they tend to have the same origins as being once a Grassland Clan.

Of course that's all just speculation. Regardless, either the Grasslands Clans will become a nation or they will lose their lands and few if any of the individual tribes within each clan will continue to exist.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it'll remain stable like the other nations that have wars in previous Suikodens. Just because it's barbaric and uncivilized, doesn't mean it wont remain firmly with it's borders. Remember that the Grassland is a very militant country, pretty much everyone is a warrior, and they will all fight to keep outsiders out of their country.
Cloudless Eye

Advance Pawns

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I don't think it'll stay together. I'd imagine it working for maybe a couple hundred years, and then something on a grand scale happening, once again throwing it into turmoil. That and there's always been almost a divide between some of the races among the plains.. With clashing view points, someone's bound to get fed up and leave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: