Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Voice-Acting for the next Suikoden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Suikoden VI should include voice acting?
No, bring back to the good old text dialogue days
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Yes, keep it there
35%
 35%  [ 15 ]
Yes, keep it there, but give the player the option to turn it off
50%
 50%  [ 21 ]
I don't care either way
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 42

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, Masa. The option of skipping dialogue was really handy in Suikoden IV. I got a little bit annoyed while replaying Suikoden V with having to wait for the cutscenes to finish without the option of skipping them.

This option should be incorporated into the next Suikoden. It makes replays that much easier.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Suikoden V took away a lot of great technical stuff away from IV.

But to answer the question, they should add more voiceacting or take it away. I was highly annoyed by the heaps of text in Suikoden V with only scenes here and there voiced. Even more annoying when this happens inbetween text scenes so that the voiced scene has to load and then revert back.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that the Suikoden 6 info ban has been listed, I'd like to clarify on my earlier post where I mentioned that some of my favorite scenes were non voice-acted. Of course it's been a while at this point, so I don't quite remember them as well. Here's one.

**************SPOILERS**********

The scene with the dragonhorse eggs where Michafu and the party were at a stalemate with him threatening to destroy the eggs and his backup on the way... just then a ????? voicebox appears saying something along the lines of "Your backup ran into a little problem" Then Georg comes into the screen and the dialogue box changes to his and he finishes "You see... they ran into me"

*************END SPOILERS**************
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know i like the direction in which RPG Games have gone towards voice acting. I also predict that this is the future concept to have in all RPG Games in the coming generation. As long as Suikoden introduces good voice acting in the coming game i don't mind in the least. I also wouldn't mind if the hero had a voice just to make things more interesting.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
phoenixflame

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like it to be there, though I would like the option to turn it off at times, as I have found it can be annoying as well...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just as long as it's better than the stuff in V (Sialeeds -- after the Queen's Campaign, Georg, and, (sometimes) Lymsleia were pretty much the only ones I can say I liked).

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: