Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"No Posts in this topic" in the "I'm new" topic.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: "No Posts in this topic" in the "I'm new" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I tried to read the latest page of that particular thread, I got a "There are no posts in this topic" error. Just giving you a heads up, boss!
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this before. I think it is caused when some makes a post which creates a new page. Then the post is deleted.

If you look at the page before it should be okay.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Instead of putting up a new thread i'll stick this little issue in here as it seems to be the same.

When i go to the last page ( 114 ) of the "Have You Ever" thread in the 'Personal Details & Photos' forum i get "No posts exist for this topic"

I can look at all the pages before with no problems.

If i refresh, log-out and log-in again i still cannot view the page.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll be the same reason as the initial post. Read my answer above ^^

It sometimes happens with very lengthy topics. The last post will be the last post of the page before - there isn't any hidden or missing posts, it's just a synch issue.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado is correct, it's the page counter being 1 ahead due to a post being removed so that upon the last post on the previous page the thread thinks there is a post on the next phase when in fact there isn't, this then leads into the errors and the next post will appear on the new page.

So simply going one page back will solve the problem.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know what's causing it. There's an invisible post hidden in there, assigned to some ghost user id. It confuses the forum. I have no idea how it'd happen though, and I've yet found the "ghost" post. I'll keep looking.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, found the sucker and zapped it. I also found a bunch of others hidden around November 11th 2006. Seems like there was some sort of database cough-up around that time or something... The threads should work fine now.

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: