Suikoden Urgent and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Define Your Regiment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadowed Apocalypse

Prefix
The call to arms sounded and there were many to heed its call, those who would raise arms against incursion or protect more selfish desires. The glimmer was dulled, her gleam no longer shone. Such times call for measures not usually seen among individuals, some lose themselves in it, some thrive in it, but all fear the darkness of the unseen shadow.

First Steps
With little experience, men chose to protect themselves with basic tools, this would not do and many found it challenging to wield basic weaponry efficiently. Comrades who could not cope adequately perished or abandoned the cause, the 116th Militia corps was in a sad state until the few arrived. The militia was a rabble, useless by all accounts with their predictability and lack of morale; this made them all the more susceptible however. The few arrived shrouded in cloaks and took the reigns of the militia, they instilled a sense of warped justice, fealty, yet the most beneficial gift they gave, was terror.

Prelude
Having only 1 Elvin habitat in the region the path was clear and desertion of their posts a justified consequence. Under the cover of night those who decided to join the cause slipped away, escaping from the lightly guarded Razril Militia barracks with little ease. A boat was prepped and waiting for the cargo of deserters, however the time to sail was not yet nigh, for their escape was found out. A ruse had been set by the few, who revealed themselves to be the militias former commanders, and hope was lost as sorrow ran high. Demoralised, the deserters sought to simply give up before arrows rained from the heavens, forcing the would be captors back while a figure rose from the boat. Ushering the escapees onto the craft they set sail where the man revealed himself to be known simply as Fly, their destination Na-Nal.

The voyage took several days, the first few with pursuit vessels who each night lost track of the vessel due to a sea blue sail being attached to the bottom of the vessel providing some form of camouflage from the distance. They reached Na-Nal about halfway through the day, choosing to sail around to the back of the island and running aground for an unconventional landing. They took what they could and traversed into the Elvin forests.

Training
The group were given bows, used bows which would snap at their first sign of harsh weather, and were instructed in the craft of constructing a bow. Hours turned to days, which in turn turned to weeks, and the construction time of each individual bow lessened as it progressed. Arrows were prepped with points of animal hide, lines were drawn and archers paired, the task; cause your partner to admit defeat. A demonstration of firing was given only once, and the results showed the lack of skill. The quivers were emptied with haste, most emptied right in front of the owner, few passing half way. Time went by, and hunting taught more with each group sent, the subsequent retesting yielded more successes each time. The distance was increased with every day, those failing to reach it would not sleep until they did, and soon the time came. The forest was ringed, the troupe blindfolded, the object was elimination, survival of the fittest. Shouts and cheers erupted from the forest and just as quickly so to did the sounds of arrows fill the air, those struck slumped eliminated form the training until there was 1 left. They had graduated, for now.

The troupe journeyed to the Elvin tree for essentials for the war had not subsided in their absence, there they sharpened their hunting knives, patched up their cloaks and set off to rejoin the war.

Island Nation Federation Record: Exploration Chapter
Having reestablished contact with the then Duke of Gaien, Duke Leb the regiment was given the task to accompany Ninjar & MichaelW to explore the southern seas with Ninjar as Exploration leader for the journey. The ship however was ambushed and despite a valiant effort were forced to retreat a defeated group. The defeat was not absolute however, as Ninjar managed to hold the ship until reinforcements, the Admiral himself arrived to the exploration teams aide.

With nothing but time on their hands, those of the shadow refined their art for their next mission, which to the surprise of Fly was to lead an exploration team to Kanakan and seek out Roundier Haia. Receiving magician aid in the form of Archy and Snowking the team set out and arrived at Haine Cordiale without a hitch. Given the opportunity to spar with the well renowned Swordmistress Fly happily accepted her duel, knowing he was no match to being with. The duel was over in an instant, far quicker then he would have liked, but through the generosity of Roundier she allowed the regiments to do battle with the Kakakan navy. The battle ended in a decisive victory for the shadow and his team, and with Roundiers leave they disembarked to lodge their findings with the Duke.

Upon returning the power shifted and the Duke resigned, replaced by the current Duchess Celes, once again the assignment was to visit Roundier at Haine Cordiale, however this time the Admiral would be going personally. Once again a battle was fought between the shadow and the Kanakan navy, this time despite all efforts the battle was a lost cause and retreat was necessary.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My regiment is the Hokuten. (the unit from Final Fantasy Tatics).

The Hokuten is an upcoming elite cavaly unit for the Zexen Confederacy. The unit is still under construction and is going through rigorous training in the mountain regions of Malinsulo.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beastmaster

Eden's military career began as magician. Although he seems to be skillful and adept, it became very soon obvious that his talents we more mystical than magical.After his superiors recognised Eden's amazing control over animals of any shape and form he was given a position as cavalry officer. Working with horses seemsed to be the perfect solution for the Fool, who shared a very strong bond with the creatures he lead into action
After month of training came finally the first time he had to proff his skills. Anti-Queen-nobles were raiding Lordlake, whose governour he was. Although the victory over his direct opponent was flawless and showed the great potential the has, since he lost almost no soldiers, his role as leader of the defenders, which was given to him as governour, wasn't perfect and allowed the rebels to raid Lordlake.
Investigations eventually led to the conclusion that it wasn't his fault all alone and he wasn't therefore punished, although he was removed as governour in order to act as scout, because his superiors agreed that more than his actual strength his tactics and understanding of the horses he and his soldiers mounted were important and avoided an even worse end for Lordlake.

Now Eden, the Fool, acts as 1st Royal Beastmaster and his strength isn't able to understand by his enemies, because he has trained his birth-given skills to a level that could result in amazing actions. Although even Falena's nobility isn't really sure what kind of creatues listen and obey to his orders, it is secretly whispered throughout the Queendom that Eden's most deadly force is a pack of unbeatable naked mole rats...

The Fool
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Four Foot Battalion

Although still having not seen actual combat, Masa's original horde of 'unsavory gentlemen' have been worked into shaped and refashioned into the "Four Foot Battalion". Among his fellow generals, and indeed his own soldiers, he has constantly had to explain that four foot does not imply a calvalry unit. This was explained as being a reference to dwarven hight, despite none of the soldiers actually being dwarves.

The soldiers were further confused when orders from Emperor Parallax forced Masamune to train his soldiers in archery. Although by far preferring axes, Masamune has grudgingly began harsh training in proper use of bows and arrows. Rejecting any notion of being 'elvish', Masamune has made harsh orders forbidding the act of shaving among the ranks. Men found to be lacking of whiskers are harshly dealt with and are given a minimum of two weeks to begin showing the requisite beardom required by the unit.

In the months since, many of the men have grown long beards which have hampered their archery skills when their facial hair becomes entangled with the arrows. This has caused many humorous - yet highly painful - accidents to occur during training sessions. Since then the beard-growing requirement has been relaxed, but facial hair remains a requirement for all unit members. Already several women have been expelled from the service due to their insufficient facial hair growth.

General Masamune holds out hope that in his first engagement his men will all die painful, horrible deaths so he can work towards arranging a real army. A shorter one.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sakura

After exhausting campaigns in Kanakan, Falena and Nagarea, Ujitsuna has finally decided upon recieving information from explorers to travel to the country commonly named as "Katana." "Uji", as he's affectionately called by comrades and enemies alike has massively reformed his army to coincide with the visit to Katana and possibly the reunion with his family. "Sakura" is the Japanese word for "Cherry Blossom", makes sense to move to this from "Bloom." Ujitsuna came up with the idea of the name for his private army after seeing two samurai sitting under a Cherry Blossom tree conversing and laughing playfully in his dreams, he has no idea if the event ever occurred or not, and whether it had anything to do with him. Only time and the ability of The Sakura Army will tell.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This regiment, Kyrie, as well as my next regiments, will be the names of the officers leading them. Each officer will lead my unit until it is defeated - I do not tolerate failure, and even if they do get away, I'll hunt them down and kill them myself.

There are 6 officers I have acquired in all. I'd be curious to see if anyone can guess where I got the names from - and it's not the latin language, for the record, though the names are latin, it's more specific than that. The last one also doesnt fit into the pattern.

The Chaos Order

120743 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Chaos Order regiment of infantry, it is conformed by the strongest men in Zexen, but due their believes they can't enter to the normal militia, when they try to, on the trainings they almost kills they're "comrades". That's why General Baz Von Steinitz, who share the same believes, had formed this group of "Different" Knights, to exploit their potential. They are strong and merciless against the enemy, they know their duty and are Loyal to Zexen.

There are specially three member of the Order, that General Steinitz trust the most, General Steinitz right hand her name is Lenna Markeed, she is the only woman on the regiment, but is the strongest of all the members, Markus Bradford, a wondered found on the Zexen Forest, Gidu Lotma better know as the Black Skull, he is the most merciless and uncontrollable member, but shows only respect to the General.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The White Maiden Archers are obviously archers. They are archers because i was suggested that since i have a high skill that this would be best for me. So i took their advice and became an archer.

I choose White Maiden because. Well number one my avatar is the White Maiden Chris Lightfellow. The reason i have her is because she is probably my favorite Zexen Character in all of Zexen. She could of definentaly been a Tenkai however i think Thomas was a better Tenkai however he wasn't from the great land of Zexen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As promised, Kyrie has been disposed of. My next general is Gloria, my personal favorite. I'm still waiting for a definate answer on where I'm getting these names from, though Scarlet was close.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl: Something of or relating to certain spiritual aspects of the Catholic Church? I think Kyrie Eleison was some sort of hymn sung at a specific time but since I'm Baptist [well, born but not practicing] I'm not as knowledgeable about it as I would like to be.

Anyway:

Eyepatches of the Faith

A variation on the highest title given to a Harmonian, Defender of the Faith. Originally we were the Clan of the Eyepatch but now that we have achieved one of the highest civilian ranks in Harmonia, it's a dedication not just to one person, but the Clan that's still stood with me since the beginning - we are now Eyepatches of the Faith.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As the only trained archaeologist in the Grasslands, I have become the de facto leader of those Grasslanders who are interested in studying the physical history of the world, as well as studying the habits of still-living cultures.
There are people from every clan who have become interested and have joined me on my forays across the Grasslands—we survey and record and dig and conserve, all for the sake of understanding.
When the Grasslands called upon us to fight, it was very easy to turn us from a band of enthusiastic excavators into a band of fighters--all they had to do was replace our spades and mattocks with swords.
Our biggest problem as a group is that we are easily distracted. If we find something interesting moving from one region to another, we can occasionally be...late...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
As promised, Kyrie has been disposed of. My next general is Gloria, my personal favorite. I'm still waiting for a definate answer on where I'm getting these names from, though Scarlet was close

They appear to be of the popular lyrical set usedby many composers. Kyrie eleison is a line most commonly know from Mozarts Reqiuem. Gloria is also along those same lines but I agree with Geddoe in that they are lines out of classical latin liturgy.

My regiment is the same as always. Don't mess with it if it's still working good, as I always say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The armies under myself, Hamal Jhee have changed much in recent times.

I was trained in archery from a young age, though my father Solon was also keen to have me versed in swordplay. After his death I spent more time focusing on archery and became the leader of the Blue Unicorn Archers. I frequently opted to take my archer strikeforce into battles I knew I could not win - with the aim of at least doing severe damage to my opponents before being forced to withdraw. I am sad to say I was not greatly effective in this tactic.

After much time and deliberation at my estate in Kyaro Town, I came up with the idea of a truly defensive regiment, the Blue Unicorn Zombies. The premise was that I would have a large number of infantry stand guard around summoning magicians versed in the darker arts. These magicians summoned multiple Unicombes to charge down opponents. This regiment was first tested when Jowston attacked my hometown of Kyaro itself! After an initial defeat to my summoned Unicombes, the Jowstonites sent an archer regiment to try to pick off the summoners, and many were killed - but the sheer heat and power of the undead horses still granted victory.

After seeing the weakness to archer fire in my unit, I ordered my infantry to wield tower shields and create a shell around the summoners to prevent archer fire from penetrating my defense. This tactic was first tested out upon the seas of Black Wolf Rocks and by the fact that the Summoned Unicombes were made of fire alone, they were able to run across the sea and cause devastation to the pirate ships. The protective shell practically made my regiment immune to damage from the uncultured and unstructured pirate regiments.

Upon the discovery that the Highland Hero Decado had become a werewolf, I, Hamal Jhee was bitten by his attractive lycan sister. Since that day my life has changed, for I am now the leader of a mighty werewolf unit that has never tasted defeat. Fear the coming of The Silver Worgen.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beautiful. A silver werewolf. So tell me, If you transform do your clothes get ripped or what? Or are you constantly in were-mode?
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We wear Lycra jumpsuits all day long. You'd be amazed just how much it really stretches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: