Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I like chicken (eating them, that is) and tofu.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UNCULTURED SWINE!

Heh, truth be told, I do enjoy tofu in some dishes. It's just... definitely an acquired taste. Or is it an acquired texture?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*covers ears* LAAA LAAA LAAA
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, let's put it this way. I want to eat something, but my choices are what's in my hands.

In my right hand, I have a piece of tofu. Pick any kind.
In my left, I have a squirmy spider I just caught trying to get into my hair.

Now, I'm going to choose the tofu, but... let's just say it didn't make a very compelling case.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would you not choose spider? I heard it tasts like chocolate. If you're all so, "ah, lowly maggots who don't understand the culinary arts... things with no taste are worth nothing!" then you should be munching on a handful of tasty 8-legged suckers! Yep!
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said, arthropods are tasty. Arachnids not so much as crustaceans, but all are good. Mealworms are also yummy.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: durrrrr Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, okay... *hands the board master a nice fluffy tarantula* Show us how it's done.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's fun, chicken breast is also one of my favorite foods. I don't make a big deal of food, so I don't have much more to say.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any type of spicey chicken is enough to satisfy me.
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like most kinds of food.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a food whore, it runs in my genes to absolutely love and desire good food, as well as wanting to discuss it. As for my favourite foods, that is hard to say because my preferences change depending on my mood and what I have been eating a lot of recently. Right now I would kill for a pizza with mushroom, salami, bacon, ham and pineapple, mainly because pizza is so expensive in Japan (for the most part) but I would definitely not say that is my favourite food.

Recently I have taken to some Japan foods a lot more, despite having lived here for a year. Although I never disliked sushi, I never really found its appeal and I found onegiri quite disgusting. Recently my body seems to be craving both food items though and I have been buying them a lot more frequently (bought some delicious salmon sushi tonight from the station nearest my house, sushi can vary in quality so much and supermarket stuff makes me almost feel like puking, whereas tonight's sushi was almost like an oral orgasm). Onegiri are cheap and filling and before I couldn't stand the bland tastes with the weird fillings, although I seem to have adjusted significantly. I am not an overly big fan of Japanese food, actually, as quite often it is too subtle for my tastes, but other things I eat a lot of (partially because I am too lazy to experiment much with my cooking) are gyoza, okonomiyaki and yakisoba.

As I mentioned with pizza, there are currently a few western and even other asian style foods that I have been craving. Japan, unlike big cities in Australia, is fairly homogenous when it comes to food, although they do have a lot of American fast food places such as McDonald's, KFC, etc there is a little bit of a lack when it comes to the Greek, Italian, Thai, Indian, Singaporean and other such cuisines that can be found in cities like Melbourne, Sydney, etc (although there are still a fair few Korean and/ or Chinese places). Right now I would love to have a simple meat pie with tomato sauce (very British or Australian) or a large piece of fried flake with vinegar and a side of chips; for months I was also craving gravy, but thankfully my Mum sent a few boxes of gravy mix to tide me over (although in the condiments department I am feeling the lack of sour cream and sweet chilli sauce).

Overall, though, if I had to choose a type of food to pick as my favourite it would probably be a toss up between Thai and Indian. I love spicy foods with strong flavours and although flavour isn't everything, it makes up a big part of the enjoyment factor. I must say that while I don't mind Tofu much, I prefer a bowl of cremé caramel pudding, because it has more flavour and a reasonably similar texture.

There are a few foods I can't bring myself to eat, although I will try anything at least once. Raw oysters cause problems for me, as do brussel sprouts, the Japanese have a healthy bean thingie in a slimy sauce called "natto" and while I could just stomach that, anything with a slimy, sticky texture that reminds me too much of snot seems to cause problems. I would take natto over brussel sprouts or oysters, however, as those two will bring me virtually to hurl point.

Overall, as you can tell I love food a lot (even though I am not the kind to eat it in vast quantities). I see one of the main points of life as being experiencing a wide array of things, and this includes different foods, even if the idea is not appealing. Some things will take an open mind and some time to adjust to, but even if I don't necessarily like something, I can still appreciate its advantages. Life is a buffet just waiting for you, both literally and metaphorically so never give up the opportunity to feast and to try something new.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm, well, i have a soft spot for food types mostly, not just specific items. greek, thai, japanese and chinese usually get my attention (especially spicy stuff...mmm! ph33r da heat!); i sometimes get adventurous and try new things, but escargot is a yummy treat, although seldom eaten because the average barbarian can't appreciate the taste...mmm, love that helix!
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have weird food tastes. Bread and italian dressing is the best snack ever, right next to spicy mustard sandwiches. But if I had to choose, I'm a ramen fiend.

What do I hate? I hate the three minutes that I have to wait after I put in the hot water.

COOKIE FOR REFERENCE!11
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Why would you not choose spider? I heard it tasts like chocolate. If you're all so, "ah, lowly maggots who don't understand the culinary arts... things with no taste are worth nothing!" then you should be munching on a handful of tasty 8-legged suckers! Yep!

No no, I didn't choose tofu because the other choice was a spider. I chose it because the texture is more familiar than that of an anthropod. Besides, I only eats bugs when they're in lollipops or other sweets.
Iakopa

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like all types of food but my favorites are, Meat lovers Pizza from Pizza Hut, Fried Rice, Poi, Almost any fruit, White Bread ( We used to be real poor and thats all we could afford), just about everything :)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my, you like that poi root stuff?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: