Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The advertisment thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: The advertisment thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah, comericals and advertisments, mini medica, corperate devilwork, annoyances and good or bad ideas.

some writers are good, making querky works to get us to buy a prodcut, others borrow on popcultre to reel us in.

The Superbowl ads are one of the biggist times for comericals. so, with that in mind talk about your favorite comericals and your hated.

I hate the Axe and Enzite comercials, horrible, The Gieco ads with the cavemen, brillant!

so, howabout you?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't watch much TV, so I usually don't see many commercials. I do however watch enough to intensely hate Axe commercials. In fact, I hate everything Axe. Sophomore year we got free samples of their Tag Body Spray, and one of my roommates used it on the old couch that smelled of cigarettes. It was the most terrible mixture I have ever faced.

But yeah, Axe commercials: Because Ecstasy Didn't Work For You.

Also, I'm not sure if I love or hate local commercials, especially Used Car commercials. They're usually boring and stupid, and come on every 3 minutes, but sometimes they're so bad they're genius. Like this one for some plumber where some monster called the Clog started attacking people. It jumped out of the toilet and everything.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Loan and debt adverts often swamp the television, it's at it's highest after the festive season (for obvious reasons), commercials do have the importance of getting consumer's attention for new products however, other than that, I wouldn't cry if they stopped.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like local commercials. There's probably a segment of my brain that no longer stores the cure for cancer because I know EMPIRE carpet's number by heart (588-2300, Empire! Today!) or Luna's carpeting, (worse: 773-202 *er-i-er-i*-LUNA!) but they're so catchy it's impossible not to know. Although I think Chicago just may have better (worse?) than average local commercials, like Eagleman who is a male eagle who gives birth to an egg. 0__0 Or Victory Auto Wreckers which isn'that special until you find out it amazingly still airs. 0_0 Or Moo and Oink, which is as awesome as only people dancing in pig and cow costumes can be plus an awesome jingle. My personal favourite current local ad that's just started running recently is actually an infomercial that airs very, very late at night that is a combination of rap video and used car lot add. Yes, you read that right. It's half an hour long and glorious.

...Yes, I used to watch way too much late night TV. Doesn't anyone else have awesome local commercals? Surely my homeland doesn't get them all.XD

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: