Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where can YOU get the second lvl runes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whatever it wasnt like i was trying to get in trouble i read the rules and i didnt notice that it said not to use shorthand on here so i just figured that i could but seeing as its not ok i wont do it again
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's a matter of applying common sense; making sensible posts that are clear wouldn't include shorthand of any kind.

don't put 'whatever' in a post as a reply; it sounds dismissive *and non responsive, falling under 'adds nothing to the conversation'*, as if you think the rules don't matter.

we ask that people put EFFORT into their posts; using shorthand isn't putting effort, just shows laziness, which can get you into trouble.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious, the thing is, the rules don't exactly say you have to make clear posts or put effort into you posts; they ask you not to direct posts at specific people, purely for your own enjoyment or be offensive to someone, that's it, and for the benefit of new-comers and veterans alike I think the rules should actually state that your posts must be clear and effort must be put into them.

If that actually is a board-wide rule, of course.

BTW, did you spell effort wrong in your last post?
I'm joking, I'm joking :D!
Tetsuwan Zero

6000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, you get the Mother Earth and Flowing runes from Warlock, The Rage rune from Konrad, and then you can get Thunder and Cyclone from treasure hunts? Is Maxine's cyclone removable?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, all the upgraded Runes are for some reason ripe for plunder. Not a one of these learne'd mages seem to mind you ripping off their hard-earned Runes.

Not if the same could be said for Eugene's Firefly Rune, I'd be a pretty damned happy camper.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RandomGuy wrote:
sybillious, the thing is, the rules don't exactly say you have to make clear posts or put effort into you posts; they ask you not to direct posts at specific people, purely for your own enjoyment or be offensive to someone, that's it, and for the benefit of new-comers and veterans alike I think the rules should actually state that your posts must be clear and effort must be put into them.

Interpreting rules is up to each moderator. Members can not use rules--or the lack of rules--as any sort of defense. Basically, the rule at suikox is "agree with the admin/moderator, and if you disagree, go somewhere else." The rules are more like guidelines. If they need any further clarification than it already has, you probably belong elsewhere (and by "you" I am referring to anyone who doesn't get it).
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes; this isn't a personal conversation in a im box or a webjournal-clarity in posting should be a common sense issue *unfortunately, most don't use or have it, so mods/admins have to step in.* if a person wants to be taken seriously in a discussion, have a question answered or add something purposeful to a debate, then clarity is imperative-no one wants to waste their time translating verbal garbage or trying to read huge blocks of text...it's annoying and they will be ignored by others, or worse, be made fun of.

i doubt anyone seriously is looking for a mocking at the words of other members, so that would also be something to keep in mind.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: