Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where can YOU get the second lvl runes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Where can YOU get the second lvl runes? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

where can YOU get them, if YOU dont know what im talking about im talking about the flowing rune, rage, cyclone and thunder runes.

*use the actual word, not a cutesy shortcut and use PUNCTUATION*
Clops

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They come on some characters and you can find them on treasure maps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

alright THANKS, are they that much better then the orginal ones? im guessing yes since in all the other ones they gave YOU the lvl 5 attack which normally kicks butt
Wuziwuzi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about a Fortune Rune(not in final dungeon)
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More precisely, you can get Flowing and Mother Earth by removing them from Warlock when he joins. You can get Rage the same way, but with Konrad.

The only way I've gotten Thunder is to use a treasure map (something I'm not enjoying all that much. Why couldn't they just have more dungeons/ runes as prizes for other things)
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Maxine has the Cyclone Rune. Also, you sort of get an extra Rage Rune for free with recruiting Rene, as I believe you -have- to use her treasure map.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was kinda disappointed that no characters had irremovable magic runes. As much as it makes it easier to use the characters you want to use, it kinda kills the originality of some of the characters.

Also, moonknight, why are you randomly capitalizing words?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow, I doubt moonknight capitalized those words. I believe another mod has edited out the common internet shorthand and inserted the full word with an emphasis to make it clear.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I agree that getting rid of this faux-leet with which all too many net-goers seem to be enthralled, wouldn't it be a good idea for said mods to include an edit-by line and a note reminding us to use proper English? There's less confusion this way, and a reminder to everyone, not just the poster, that we actually do still remember English when we get behind a keyboard.

People who speak another language than English, primarily, I have no problem with. It's people who forget the damn language they grew up with the moment they get in front of a computer that royally set me off.

Personally, I thought the same thing as marshmellow, and had had to refrain from a sacrastic post saying that -I- found them here but that moonknight should probably look over there.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it has been addressed several times, yet people continue to ignore it; the abbreviated forms *cutesy ones or leet* aren't acceptable-this is nothing new, yet we still have to bring this up time and again.

as long as people continue to ignore rules, we'll continue to edit their posts to reflect their mistakes.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a suggestion, but perhaps it should say something about this in the board rules?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

let's see, i believe this particular problem falls under these rules:

Quote:

2. Enforcement
You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

and:

Quote:

7. Usage of certain words
While not all slang or words necessarily have the same meaning in each country, we have to be aware that usage of certain words in the context of decribing a situation/idea/thing may potentially be offensive.

and even:

Quote:

11. Frivolous Writing & Spam
Because this board awards soldiers for the amount you post, this board doesn't allow you to post content that doesn't do anything for the community. This means, making posts directed at specific people or purely for your own enjoyment would be considered an offense.

so, that explains how that particular 'spelling' falls under the rules.

Glen Cott

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Were the original spellings that offensive?

I'm sorry if I'm being a bother, I don't know what was originally wrote, I thought it was like "u" instead of "you" or something...
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it was; it's not that difficult to add the rest of the word, so it should be done. it's a matter of enforcing a set standard for posting; laziness aside, spelling out words instead of using leet or other 'shorthand' is what we expect. the spelling doesn't have to be perfect, nor perfect grammatically, but we do want things clear and easy for all to read. seeing shortcuts is just annoying; type the word out-it doesn't take that much extra time.

no worries; if you see a capitalization like that again, you'll know why it's there... :)

Glen Cott

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious, that's what I mean, i think there should be something expressing exactly what you just said in the board rules, I don't think they are clear enough on this issue.

Not that it bothers me, it just I think the rules should be clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: