Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Protectorate units with wings or fins don't need to be on ships

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Protectorate units with wings or fins don't need to be on sh Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a reminder that Dragon Knights, Mantor Riders, Griffon Riders and Dragon Riders do not have to be on ships if they are participating in naval battles. The reason is simple, they can fly or swim to battle with ease.

This rule only applies to protectorate units, and won't apply to other types of naval units. Although I included a cute dolphin under the bums of marine knights, that's just symbolic, too. They actually have to be on ships. If any nation ends up getting units like "Aquatic" stuff liek a giant squid, then these would be exempt from the "need to be on ship" rule, too.

However, I won't bother with that until it actually happens. Thanks. I hope this clarification brings great gladness to all of your lives.

Last edited by Vextor on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm feeling pretty glad about it.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does this apply to Winghorde? I note that their unit description notes that they can't fly for extended periods of time.

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Winghordes will drown if they have to fly over the sea for anything more than a mile. Unless they are undead winghordes or winghordes with gills.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe the dolphin under my bum serves no purpose whatsoever. Oh well, too bad.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're made of plastic, Futch. :P

Anyhow I actually thought the Marine Knights wouldn't need ships, as the dolphins could swim and all. Oh well. Still something good for the dragonfolk, though.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose you can't win them all...
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, try riding a dolphin for 1000 miles decked in full armor, let alone try swinging a sword on their back, and you'd probably quickly appreciate being on a nice dry deck of a galleon, sipping a margarita under the warm, welcoming sun.... until you have to start killing each other.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When did Marine Knights get deck chairs and margaritas?! Whos been holding out on us?
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's how we do things in the Island Nations :D
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonderd about that, the dolphin riders.

so they don't ride anything. that is a compherting thought.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Well, try riding a dolphin for 1000 miles decked in full armor, let alone try swinging a sword on their back, and you'd probably quickly appreciate being on a nice dry deck of a galleon, sipping a margarita under the warm, welcoming sun.... until you have to start killing each other.

Considering the items which are around and the current amount of training handlers can produce on dolphins in captivity, goons with swords in light armour could easily ride dolphins for 1000 miles, they would just have a hard time walking properly on land due to the speeds that could be produced.

Then again you could always switch it to a whale and problem solved. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: