Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The mystery of "Orange"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoonn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something Edible wrote:
I picked Orange in Suikoden II, it's a great name! I also picked Chicken for the ship in Suikoden IV...

As for the meaning behind it, it's a big conspiracy like someone mentioned. You see, there existed a planet named X. People on X liked the color orange so much, that they used it for everything. With time, they used up all the orange in their world until it all disappeared and oranges turned blue...

That's when Artflax Xorgoros the Fourth decided that they should built a huge space ship with the name of Chicken and with it they'd sail the seven spaces until they find a planet that still has the color orange. After 4 billion years of traveling in the darkness of space, they found Earth Suikoden world.

Now, Artflax Xorgoros IV was not a hostile person, he didn't want to destroy earth in order to get its orange. Instead, he thought if enough people united under the banner or Orange, then the aliens could extract all those people's orangeness by the end of the game. Why else do you think Lepant looks more orange in the first game? That's because right after the end of the gate rune wars, an energy beam was sent by the chicken and it absorbed most of the orangeness of the Orange Liberation Army.

It's true! The Stars of Destiny and the whole gathering thing is just a myth! It's just a cover for Artflax' ultimate plan to devour Suikoden's world from its orange in order for him to rebuild planet X in its full orangeness! Leknaat, Hikusaak*, Flame Champion, Reinbach, and even Flik and Viktor work for the X'ians! Suikoden IV happened 120 years before the aliens arrived, so it doesn't have orange. However, the mention of the space ship name 'chicken' might mean that they used the war in Island Nation to test their ability to control the people of Suikoden world before actually coming up with the orange plan. To conclude I must warn you for the last time, EVERY TIME YOU PICK THE NAME ORANGE YOU HELP ARTFLAX STEAL THE ORANGE FROM SUIOKODEN WORLD!! By Suikoden 1282, there won't be anymore orange in Suikoden games, you don't want that to happen, do you?

* Hikusaak is actually a world from the language of the people of planet X, it means "An orange a day keeps the doctor away", most X spies use aliases to hide their true identity.

I hope this deep analysis answers your questions about the mystery of "Orange". I wrote this at the risk of my own life, there's no telling when an energy beam from the Chicken space ship will target my own house now... :(

Edit: I did more research... in case you think the theory is silly, I present you with sold proofs:
#1 - The De-Orangeization of Lepant
Lepant in the first game, notice how orange he is
Whoa! He lost all his orangeness in Suikoden II!

#2 - A graph showing the relation between the number of 'gathering of stars' and the average percent of orange in the world:

Need I say more?

This sounds very similar to a cult I read about recently..

I like the graph because it's actually true. :D
Tir Mc Dohl

Silvana Black Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: i Second the motion here !! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i really wonder why they put the "Orange" thing in the game although they could think any name like Neon Black , Weilding Warriors & Ultimatium or any other name but why Orange ??

Mod edit: Please don't doublepost, just edit your previous post with the new information.

hoonn wrote:
Something Edible wrote:
I picked Orange in Suikoden II, it's a great name! I also picked Chicken for the ship in Suikoden IV...

As for the meaning behind it, it's a big conspiracy like someone mentioned. You see, there existed a planet named X. People on X liked the color orange so much, that they used it for everything. With time, they used up all the orange in their world until it all disappeared and oranges turned blue...

That's when Artflax Xorgoros the Fourth decided that they should built a huge space ship with the name of Chicken and with it they'd sail the seven spaces until they find a planet that still has the color orange. After 4 billion years of traveling in the darkness of space, they found Earth Suikoden world.

Now, Artflax Xorgoros IV was not a hostile person, he didn't want to destroy earth in order to get its orange. Instead, he thought if enough people united under the banner or Orange, then the aliens could extract all those people's orangeness by the end of the game. Why else do you think Lepant looks more orange in the first game? That's because right after the end of the gate rune wars, an energy beam was sent by the chicken and it absorbed most of the orangeness of the Orange Liberation Army.

It's true! The Stars of Destiny and the whole gathering thing is just a myth! It's just a cover for Artflax' ultimate plan to devour Suikoden's world from its orange in order for him to rebuild planet X in its full orangeness! Leknaat, Hikusaak*, Flame Champion, Reinbach, and even Flik and Viktor work for the X'ians! Suikoden IV happened 120 years before the aliens arrived, so it doesn't have orange. However, the mention of the space ship name 'chicken' might mean that they used the war in Island Nation to test their ability to control the people of Suikoden world before actually coming up with the orange plan. To conclude I must warn you for the last time, EVERY TIME YOU PICK THE NAME ORANGE YOU HELP ARTFLAX STEAL THE ORANGE FROM SUIOKODEN WORLD!! By Suikoden 1282, there won't be anymore orange in Suikoden games, you don't want that to happen, do you?

* Hikusaak is actually a world from the language of the people of planet X, it means "An orange a day keeps the doctor away", most X spies use aliases to hide their true identity.

I hope this deep analysis answers your questions about the mystery of "Orange". I wrote this at the risk of my own life, there's no telling when an energy beam from the Chicken space ship will target my own house now... :(

Edit: I did more research... in case you think the theory is silly, I present you with sold proofs:
#1 - The De-Orangeization of Lepant
Lepant in the first game, notice how orange he is
Whoa! He lost all his orangeness in Suikoden II!

#2 - A graph showing the relation between the number of 'gathering of stars' and the average percent of orange in the world:

Need I say more?

This sounds very similar to a cult I read about recently..

I like the graph because it's actually true. :D

HA !! now i know .......at least........still it sounds weird on my ears :D
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't believe a word out of your lying mouth :P

No one listen to him, he's a professional lyologist.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought ornage in that sense meant an amalgam or mixture. In the Dune Chronicles, the religion is called "Orange Catholicism" because it is a mixture of all religions. I have heard the color used in that way other times also, but examples escape me.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orange actually MEANS something?

Strange - I used to think that Konami just ran out of ideas, and therefore used the word "Orange".

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And they picked a good color too. Orange is my favorite. <3

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been wondering about this orange thing too. Why, out of all names, did Konami choose "Orange" as a name? I initially thought it had some kind of significance in the world of Suikoden because it keeps popping up whenever someone asks you to name something. I thought it was some place, object or person of importance in the Suikoden world.

But I kinda like it, actually. It's so random to the point that I find it hilarious. I seem to think it's becoming a trademark of the Suikoden series already. Just like Viki and Jeane, this "Orange" is another one of the recurring elements in the series.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
But I kinda like it, actually. It's so random to the point that I find it hilarious. I seem to think it's becoming a trademark of the Suikoden series already. Just like Viki and Jeane, this "Orange" is another one of the recurring elements in the series.

Makes one wonder if in the event of a Suikoden Convention to happen, everything will be orange in motif... And if the theory above is true, there will be a subsequent orange ritual will be performed... hmm... random rambling from me again...

redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe It's just for humor purposes?

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the orange thing is just a joke between people at Konami, who knows. It's not very important thats all I know.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup anyway it doesn't really have importance so it's possibly something for fun

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: