Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cant recruit Nalkul and Champo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Cant recruit Nalkul and Champo Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for some reason i cant recruit them, like when i first went in chiepoo said i wanna stop by the trading post so i made my way there but for some reason they werent waiting by the bridge and ive tried all sorts of things, leaving and coming back, walking through with diff charaters. nothing seems to be working
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try landing at the harbour with the ship instead of teleporting to Nay via Viki. Then, go to the Nay-Kobold trading post with Chiepoo and look around, then leave. Head back out of the village and towards the bridge, then the sequence should be triggered once you start walking over the bridge. You won't see them before that point.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very Minor Spoiler...

You need to have the Golden Seal to recruit them, if you already gave it back then you can never recruit them or the 108th star for that matter unless you start over or go back to an old save.
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i still have the golden seal, so i will try elcs idea but i have walked over it many times and it seems like there never there, but its worth a shot
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had had problems with this too, but I managed to do it by teleporting.

Have Chiepoo in party.

Teleport to Nay.

Watch scene of Chiepoo asking to go to the trading post.

Teleport to ship.

Teleport to Nay-Kobold Settlement.

Go to trading post. Watch scene.

WALK to bridge outside of town, where you found Viki.

Watch scene with Champo and Nalkul "accidently" bumping into you on their way back into town.

Follow them to left side of town, near the warehouse.

Watch scene.

Play minigame.

Aaand voila: two more Stars of Destiny.
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea i did that exact same thing and it worked wonders for me, i was so happy when i got them cuz i thought cuz of them i wasnt gonna be able to get all 108 stars of destiny only like 105 which really would have sucked but i did get them and now im at like 73 stars
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know the feeling. I had lost the Golden Seal by the time I realized I needed it to recruit them. I had to go back to an old save. I would have simply gone on with the game to ge the poor ending, except that I lost the -one- character I couldn't've done without. So, I had to backtrack. Kinda wish I kept going to find out how many people I'd've gotten, but, oh well.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just my luck I decided to make these two and the mermaid that also need the golden seal to join the last ones to get, that after unlocking all the combos and about 80% of the entire map in 52+ hours... I had a guides that I read too, just didn't read how exactly to get every character to limit spoilers. Oh well, just have to go back about 15 hours, by the way you will still be told by deborah of where those characters are even though there is no way to get them, you won't see the Nay-kolbold scene the night before the last battle if you don't have them but konami didn't bother to take out any mermaid you don't get(or at least the one I didn't get) when they set up the decoy ships.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting. I suppose in a way you can consider them autorecruits - the truly automatic recruits among the Mermaids [if there are any? I'm not sure] would have conscripted their other sisters. It's too late for them to count for anything, so they wouldn't show up as stars by then, certainly not for no effort.

This brings up another question, but I think I need to post a new thread about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: