Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Ending Choices ( SPOILER)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHich ending is more fitting sotrywise and SUikoden History wise and why?
Travel w/ Georg
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Stay Behind to help Lymsleia
75%
 75%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 44

Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:
It was a bit of nostalgia from suikoden 1/2.. It was different though, he wasn't sneaking off, people saw him go. Everyone waving on the decks, was just so cute. That ending just gave me a better feel good feeling overall ^^

I feel the same way. I was mean to Lym so I didn't get a choice, but I really did get a nice feeling from watching this ending. I think it might be more realistic as well, since the Prince has fought long and hard, he should go out to see the world. Of course, I also think the Prince will eventually return to help Lym out. I couldn't help but feel good at ALL the stars waving goodbye to you. It's a nice, thank-you for everything, farewell and have a good time, kind of thing. Sadly though I had to miss a part since I had to go to the bathroom, and there is no pause button. So I don't know if Lym actually does show up to wave goodbye to her brother. I hope so though. It'd be nice, if not, well she has better things to do. This was the most satisfying ending I have seen in Suikoden. You did your job, everyone on your side is happy, you actually made a great difference in these people's lives, and you get to see how thankful they are. The previous Suikoden endings, didn't really give you this. So it makes me like this ending a lot more. A lot of people probably wouldn't like this ending, since it seems too happy I guess, but really, I don't see what's wrong with a happy ending. Having a sad ending doesn't mean it's better. So I like this kind of change. Not open-ended. Not sad, or cliff-hanger, it's just a complete ending.
I still have yet to see Lym's ending though.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went with Georg, mostly because I didn't get a chance to take over the country and rule with an iron fist! (Seriously, I opted to go with Salum's offer to become king and was mad I got a game over).

But I do want to see the other ending, although I still think I'd prefer the leaving with Georg one.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmm...I took the ending with Lymsleia, actually. I was surprised that I got a choice, I thought I remembered being kind of a jerk to Lymsleia at the start. I guess I was nicer to her than I thought. It was an alright ending, I guess...I liked the closeness of the Prince and Lyon in the Lymsleia ending...but the Georg ending (from what I've heard of it, not having actually seen it myself...) is probably a lot more traditional for Suikoden games. After all, Tir leaves, Riou leaves, and Lazlo has been completely forgotten by the time of Suikoden V.

Of course, with the Prince there's no chance of him becoming the leader of the reforged Falena, unlike Tir and Riou. Also, since he doesn't actually bear a True Rune, unlike any of the others, he isn't haunted by its curse, and driven off due to that, like the Soul Eater Rune or the Rune of Punishment. Unlike Riou, the Prince is already a member of the Falenan royalty, so it's not like it would be a huge stretch for him to hang out in the palace and help with the rebuilding of a country - quite a bit different than being raised in a small town by a martial arts expert, and then suddenly finding yourself as the leader of an insurrectionist army fighting off the forces of Highland. The same might be said of Tir, who was a famous general's son, but they actually wanted him to lead the Toran Republic. They still think he should be sitting on that chair, even in Suikoden II, when you visit Lepant. Tir is cursed by the Rune of Life and Death, however.

Since Lino En Kuldes is already the official symbol of power in the Island Nations Federation in Suikoden IV, there's no reason why Lazlo should stick around. Although he's certainly become friends with all of the Stars of Destiny over the course of recruiting them and defeating the Kooluk...although, honestly, given how many 'drifter' stars there are in IV, maybe not...but again, unlike the Prince, he wasn't raised in that royal type setting. Lazlo, of course, also has the Rune of Punishment, which doesn't seem to react well to others being nearby.

I can more easily see the Tenkai of Suikoden V staying the course in his home country than the previous ones. In addition to everything else, let's not forget that Lymsleia is a very young and inexperienced Queen. Although she's no longer in the grasp of the Godwin family, there are still plenty of people left in Falena who might try to use, or even usurp, her. He might feel compelled to stay and defend her reign for that reason as well.

I could also see him journeying off with Georg though, after all, he'd just been through a war, through many betrayals, and enough struggles for power to make any pure-hearted type sick. And who isn't tempted by the opportunity of touring the world alongside the world's greatest swordsman? Honestly.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:cry: Poor guy...wander around aimlessly...
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be a fitting end if you do stay behind to help with Lym cause not only have you gotten all 108 Stars of Destiny, but Lyon actually becomes a full fledged Queens Knight (however i never actually thought for one second that Lyon was just an apprentice). The main reason why i prefer this ending over Georg is because all those times that i was nice to Lym in the choices that i made during the game actually pays off in the end.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think that staying behind and helping Lymsleia out was the more fitting out of the two good endings. For me, I think it was what I would do if I were in prince Frey's shoes.

For one, I don't really see his reason to go with Georg in the first place. His original plan was to bring back Falena from the Godwins, and him leaving in the end doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, he was the Queen's brother, and he's supposed to be a loving brother to Lym. Leaving her behind for some reason I don't know about just doesn't appeal to me that much.

So, I almost always choose to stay behind in Falena whenever I am asked to in the end of the game. It just fulfills my want of a good and happy ending.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly think that traveling with Georg or any of the endings in any Suikoden game where the tenkai just wanders around never to be heard of again is kind of crappy. It basically screams "Uhm.....we couldn't think of anything else." I just find it hard to spend and entire game walking around getting recruits, fighting wars, and basically standing for what you believe in just to leave the country you worked so hard to fight for.

I picked staying with Lymsleia. First off, it kind of represents the whole point of the game. Second, it's the "correct" ending. Third, Georg is a general in Scarlet Moon alone and you see him in Suikoden II alone. I doubt Lyon or the Prince would just say "to hell with traveling Georg now! Let's buy a house in Harmonia!" and leave Georg alone wearing the same clothes years later.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although staying in Falena with the Queen is probably the best ending, plot-wise, travelling with Georg Prime has to be a much higher valued ending. Exploring the world with one of the premier swordsmen in the world? Yes please. However it's plausible to say it's better for the prince to stay in Falena and rebuild as thats generally what hes fighting for the whole of the game.

When Konami decided to have the option of travelling with Georg, I don't think they really cared much about what effect this would have on Suikoden II's timeline, but then again it leads to speculation and Suikoden + Konami = thriving on speculation. Perhaps it would've been more fitting had Georg said he was going to explore some land other than the Northern Continent, but no, he has to go back there because he has some interest in the generic nations like the Scarlet Moon Empire and Jowston... bah. :P No I joke, but it does seem like an uneeded plot hole to step into.

Staying in Falena and helping Lym rebuild Beaver Lodge, Lelcar and the massive dam seems to be more plausible than travelling off to a nation when theres a game set in the future there, ohh you can say "oh but he could've left before the game started LOL." but you know what Konamis hinting at...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: