Suikoden Utopian and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite Strategist in Suikoden?
Albert Silverberg
10%
 10%  [ 27 ]
Apple
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Caesar Silverberg
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Dios
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Klaus Windamier
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Leon Silverberg
13%
 13%  [ 35 ]
Mathiu Silverberg
11%
 11%  [ 30 ]
Nash Latkje
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Salome Harras
7%
 7%  [ 21 ]
Sebastian
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Jess
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Shu
38%
 38%  [ 104 ]
Total Votes : 268

Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not agree that Mathiu is second-rate strategist, here are my counters:

1)We cannot make assumptions about why is took two years to end the Gate Rune War. Much of this time was spent just waiting around for troops to arrive, it takes a lot of time to organise that many volunteers, whereas most of the member of the Jowstone army were previous members of other army regiments whose whole regiment joined the army. Also, maybe Mathiu was waiting for the right time to attack or maybe his was gathering his intellegence, we just don't know. The whole time-scale of the two wars has always confused me, but I do believe that you cannot judge Mathiu's abilities by the length of time of the war, which is more determined by circumstance than anything else.

2)Again we cannot make assumptions about Mathiu's security. Mathiu could have had the most strict security measures possible, but what reason would he have to suspect Sanchez, one of the most respected members of the Liberation Army, and maybe even Mathiu's friend. I would like to bring up Julius Caesar, one of the most brilliant military geniuses to have ever lived. He was murdered by his friend Brutus and he usually had very strict security. You cannot say that because Mathiu was betrayed, that he was a bad strategist, those things just don't go together.

3)Again we cannot make assumptions about Mathiu's tactics to leave the castle unguarded. For a start Sonya was given very strict order not to move from Shazarasade, maybe Mathiu knew about this. We do not know if he used other methods to prevent the castle from being attacked either. I would say that Mathiu probably made calculated risks in deciding on whether to move all of the troops out of the castle, but in the end his strategy worked and the extra troops used probably ended up being critical to success. You cannot say that because one of his plans has a possible negative outcome that it is wrong, every plan has its element of possible failure. Therefore you cannot say that he is a bad strategist, just because his plans could have failed.

4)Again we cannot make assumptions about whether or not Mathiu really was essential to the war effort of if he could really have made a difference. Leon was there after all, and Mathiu was not again asked to rejoin the army until the beginning of the Gate Rune War, which means the the SME probably doubted his abilities. The Kalekka Incident was absolutely atrocious and it was Mathiu's first glance at the uglier side of strategy, and he was quite young, and just because he doesn't want to take part in such a dispicable event, does not mean that he is a bad strategist. Remember that Humphrey left the SME during the Kalekka Incident aswell, does this make him a bad swordsman? Mathiu had a heart, this does not make him a bad strategist.

5)You cannot say that Mathiu had any sort of proven effect on the Highland attack. I think that most people would agree that Luca would have attacked anyway, and that the Allied forces couldn't have saved Muse. You are also suggesting that if Mathiu had have used different tactics and won, Jowstone never would have invaded the emerging Republic, of that Highland never would have invaded Jowstone. Since Jowstone probably would have invaded anyway, allowing them to hold Moravia castle for a while made very little difference. Mathiu may have also had a plan to remove the Jowstone army, but he (unfortunately) died.

I also agree with what bugg said:
bugg wrote:
It proves that Mathiu is an effective (hence, a good strategist) because Mathiu (as the strategist of Liberation Army) fulfiled his duty as a strategist into leading the Liberation Army to win the Gate Rune War.
blackist_hunter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Shu best because of the following reason:

1. Because of how he formulates plan. He has the mind of Mathiu and the heart of Leon.

2. I like the scene where he confronts Leon on the burning forest. This shows how he would do anything to get his army the upperhand and the win.

3. Same as number 2
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy Blight (who by the way is not on the poll U_U) I think that it could be included...

1- His sense of justice and brilliant tactics involving 0 casualities

2- Too many scenes to mention here... But one that excited me was the one in which he lusts for power in the cave where he finds his Black Sword Rune.

3- When he takes Greenhill, that was one heck of a tactic... He did not kill the enemy, the enemy disbanded itself. That is truly the mark of a person who can predict the way peoples mind work, and the signature of a brilliant strategist who realizes that there are other ways to do war rather than those on "The Book".
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt there were no casualties involved in Jowy's plan. He DID start at least one riot in Greenhill, and starved the enemy out. Now, how many riots can you name that have had 0 casualties?

The only man who's even managed to win a campaign with 0 Casualties is Julian Silverberg, the greatest strategist there ever was.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon did the same when he took Matilda. Zero casualties. Yep, he is brilliant, but that's obvious considering he is officially the "genius strategist."
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a lot of the strategists had quite a bit of merit. Every silverberg was basicly a genious at strategy, and I can see arguments for any of them being incredible. (and I'm sure the 4th game will likely hold to this.) Apple, Klaus, and Salome also all had moments where there strengths came out, and I can honestly say I admired them as tallented strategists.

However, I am going to have to answer this with a sadly pathetic, but quite honest oppinion. All other things aside, Shu is my favorite strategist, and stood out as the most memorable, simply because he is a beautiful, beautiful man with lovely hair. I said it, and I am now finished being horridly shallow.

On a more realistic, and less abnoxiously fangirl-type response, I also like Shu because I disliked him so much when he first appeared. He may be a brilliant strategist, but he held little regard for anyone who needed him, or anyone in his army. Everyone was a pawn used to win the game, specifically, HIS game. All of his maneuvers seemed brutally brilliant, and exceptionally effective. When I agreed with him, I totally agreed. when I didn't, well, lets say I had a grand time yelling at a TV screen. I really liked that, and it endeared him to me. (though his aestheticly appealing character design helped immesurably.) I also felt that by the end of the game, his character had grown quite a bit as a human being, and I could more consistently agree with and like him.
Samuel Iaydhen

The Blind Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shu of course. . i dont care if he's goo or not. . but he's the cutest among the batch. i give him credits for that. apple is also a good one but. . it's still shu! :P
booboo200

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Klaus

1) What makes this strategist your favorite?
Because he is very loyal, respectful, understanding, loving and very smart (With a little more schooling he would be a very great strategist IMO) And in some ways he's alot like me.

2) What scene do you like involving this strategist?
When he meets Sierra in tinto in gustav's manor place and he gets all nervous and stuff and brings her the glass of water...just was funny in my opinon. Also, when he tells his daddy(Kiba) that he's proud to have him as his father and all (i thought that was...hm..how should i put it? bleh, i dunno. lol)

3) What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?
When he was ordered to keep muse casualties to minimum and in two river where we first met him (i think that was where we first met him). He was just really really respectful and was like, 'i look forward to fighting with you later' or whatever he said..he just respectful..lol, not like some enemy strategists(before he came to state side).
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Mathiu.

I chose him, as I always thought of him as being the reluctant strategist. At first, he wanted nothing to do with the Liberation Army upon hearing the news of Odessa's death. Nevertheless, with a little convincing via a visit from the Empire, he became the Liberation Army's strategist, and did a good job, regardless of his previous hesitation.

My favorite battle with him is when they go out training by the Northern Checkpoint, then it's suddenly, "Ok, now we attack!" Flushed out the spy, and took the enemy by complete surprise.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say Shu.

What makes him my favorite?
We-el...I like guys with attitude. The thing that got me would be the way he went his own way and became a pretty successful trader after Mathiu sent him off. He stands on his own two feet and...well... looks damn good doing so. XD

Fave scene....
I'd have to say the one where you recruit him and see him at the tavern. Shows the guy likes the occasional drink and...no offense to Apple fangirls... I liked seeing Apple beg. Mwahahahahaha~!

Strategic Action:
The one against Luca Blight. Yeah, the whole "strike at night twhen they least expect it" thing. He takes the moment and doesn't waste a moment of it!
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted Shu and such, but all the strategists in Suikoden were good. Even Apple had her strong points. I can't say much else because I'm tired, but I think everyone did something that took strategical skill.

It's harder to sway one person then a group. In a group, people tend to conform. Present the matter in a form that's pleasing to the ear.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mathius, Nash, Shu, Klaus and Caesar. Man I can't pick. I voted for Albert in the end though.
Mathiu as the first strategist is pretty cool. He's honest and nice. I can't really say anything except he's just fantastic.
Nash is cute though I'd be honest and say he doesn't do much strategicwise. Though he's a pretty smart guy.
Shu's pretty fantastic. I mean he's my second. He's the kind of bloodthirsty kind whcih makes me somewhat happy. And he seems to know how to plan.
Klaus did pretty okay in his job. Though not very good, he's done pretty well before he was coerced into changing sides.
Caesar I kind of love the difference in his character. He's the laid back anything goes character. Especially when you're protecting the village, he's got a very "Yup this happens that happens" type of character. He's as well the most creative. I loved it when he devised the plan to save the castle.
Lastly as my favourite is Albert. I'll just say apart from looking good, he's got that certain potential and genius in him. You can just tell that he knows more than he already knows.
But that's just me. I think I'd probably chose by beauty contest. :D

Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite strategist would have to be Shu hands down

My favorite Shu scene would have to be the scene with Apple, when she is trying to find the coin that he threw in the water. When he realizes just how far she is willing to go and to what lengths she would degrade herself even to beg and he gives in and decides to help.

I think his best strategic action is the one he unfolds to take Luca Blight down. He first starts with the three seperate groups to wear him down along with the volleys of arrows. He then chases him to a place where he wants him to be. Then there is the light hanging from the tree that he uses to guide his last volley of arrows so that Hero can come in and finish him off with a final duel to the death.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite strategist is and always will be Mathiu but I did not choose him because I do not think he is the best, instead of him I choose Shu as my favorite strategist.

1. What makes this strategist your favorite?
I do not know why I like him, maybe because he is somehow different from the other, he has more personality than the others and also more smarter (well that's what I think).

2. What scene do you like involving this strategist?
I like the scene where he putted him self in danger while fighting Leon Silverberg.

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?
I think it is when he planned the fire strategy against Leon, because it is not an easy thing to sacrifice yourself, and even a harder thing for a strategist, but he did not care about himself because he knows that his life is not valuable than the lives of his nation, which is a noble virtue.

That is why I find him as my favorite strategist.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. What makes this strategist your favorite?
Shu is just cool with the way he acts. He is calm and don't show his fear or any emotions, which gives him a mysterious vibe. :D

2. What scene do you like involving this strategist?
My favorite scene is when Shu first comes to the castle. And Victor ask that what's so good about Shu? And Shu comes in to stand his ground, which showed that he was pretty much ready for anything that came to his way.

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?
It would be the fire trap he set for Leon Silverberg. That showed how he was different from other stategist, he was willing to take a chance and risk his own life for the greater good of the army. He was aways confident on every one of his plans which makes me admire him alot.

Queendom of Falena Rulez!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: