Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A repeating Tenkai star? Possible?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Game Idea:

Two years or so after Suikoden III, Thomas returns to the Nameless Lands as a more rugged warrior and ends up getting a True Rune and becoming a kick arse Tenkai Star.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Well to be fair, it's not "not possible" to have a repeating Tenkai Star, Yvl.

Indeed, I'm not a very fair person though.

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:

Well to be fair, it's not "not possible" to have a repeating Tenkai Star, Yvl.

Indeed, I'm not a very fair person though.

Take you unfairness to another thread, and be logical and accurate in this one kthx. :)

now, why is it that people want them to throw away what they've been working on, and restart and develope a whole 'nother continent, when they could be making a game further developing characters and nations we know and love... I personally think they should've went the path set by Rhapsodia, as they traced Suikoden IV upwards to mainland main time period, but noooo lets make it even further south they said, lets make it take place in some obscure nation that has been mentioned maybe twice, they said...

personally the idea of making it take place anywhere else except north of the island nations makes me genuinely angry.....

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Take you unfairness to another thread, and be logical and accurate in this one kthx.

It's just a thing I do, pay no attention to it.

Quote:

now, why is it that people want them to throw away what they've been working on, and restart and develope a whole 'nother continent, when they could be making a game further developing characters and nations we know and love... I personally think they should've went the path set by Rhapsodia, as they traced Suikoden IV upwards to mainland main time period, but noooo lets make it even further south they said, lets make it take place in some obscure nation that has been mentioned maybe twice, they said...

The story of Suikoden is not about the northern continent. It's about the 27 True Runes. It's not as though it's a totally different world, you know, so you are still getting some of the continuity and similarity that you seem to crave while the rest of the people who want things to keep progressing get what they want as well. Think of it as a compromise.

As others have said though, the idea of returning to an old area isn't all that bad, but to most people it would be a waste of time - each game has taken a couple years to make after all, and the majority which would prefer originality would be rather upset to find the same set of characters or the same nation.

Now, a smaller game like Suikogaiden... that's another story.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd much rather have someone new be the Tenkai each time and leave any returning faces to support roles. Giving someone another shot at being the Tenkai would be dumb. They've had their time in the spotlight, time for someone else. I'm not opposed to what they had in Suikoden II where there was a Tir sighting, as long as it makes sense. In that case they were certainly in the same area, in fact even went back to the Toran Republic, it wasn't set very long after Suikoden I, so Tir showing up makes sense. If they were to do something like have Lazlo show up in, say, Harmonia 200 years after the events in Suikoden 4 (which, roughly would be where we're at if it's set post-Suikoden III) then I wouldn't like it at all since it would just feel like they were working him into the story just to have him.

Returning characters are fun to see, but I'd be just as happy if they were no longer part of the Stars of Destiny and were just like NPCs, or non-Star temporary recruits.

~Uguu!~
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
I'd much rather have someone new be the Tenkai each time and leave any returning faces to support roles. Giving someone another shot at being the Tenkai would be dumb. They've had their time in the spotlight, time for someone else. I'm not opposed to what they had in Suikoden II where there was a Tir sighting, as long as it makes sense. In that case they were certainly in the same area, in fact even went back to the Toran Republic, it wasn't set very long after Suikoden I, so Tir showing up makes sense. If they were to do something like have Lazlo show up in, say, Harmonia 200 years after the events in Suikoden 4 (which, roughly would be where we're at if it's set post-Suikoden III) then I wouldn't like it at all since it would just feel like they were working him into the story just to have him.

Returning characters are fun to see, but I'd be just as happy if they were no longer part of the Stars of Destiny and were just like NPCs, or non-Star temporary recruits.

I love that idea actually, Putting an old tenkai star as a temporary recruit, but Lazlo could very well appear in Harmonia 200 years later, He ... is immortal... <_<

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose a repeat Tenkai star would be possible, but it is very, very unlikely to happen.

That said, I can't say I don't like having a repeating Tenkai star since I still can't picture out how it would affect the game in general. There are lots of possibilities. Knowing Suikoden, the story could still surprise us, even though we've had the same hero in the past.

But if I were to choose, I'd still prefer a new Tenkai star than a repeat Tenkai star. I prefer to know more of other characters in the Suikoden world rather than know more about the characters we already know in the past. But that's just me, I guess.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i curious... is possible the last tenkai return but in difference star?

i actually doubt about it but are there possible?

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

k4in wrote:
well i curious... is possible the last tenkai return but in difference star?

i actually doubt about it but are there possible?

It's not possible. Konami has already stated that characters do not change stars. So that means once you are a Tenkai, you will be a Tenkai for life.

And before anyone makes statements about it, the Tomo/Valeria/Kasumi and the Elder Viki/Small Viki phenomenon has already been explained many times in the past, so I won't bother to explain them again.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd personally not want to see a returning Tenkai, unless it was like Lazlo in Suikoden Tactics, where it's not part of the main story, but part of Suikoden history. I think the stories and history of most of the Tenkai are complete after one game.

If it were a main Suikoden game, but we saw a Tenkai as a non-star, then I wouldn't mind that. For instance, if we saw tir as a baby or child or whatever he was during the Succession War, I wouldn't mind that in the least.

The only Tenkai I'd want to see again is Thomas, because his role as the Tenkai was clouded by the Flame Champoin stuffs. I'd actually like to see him in a post-Suikoden III timeline...but anyway...

The only time a someone's star can change was in Suikoden II with characters like Feather, Abizboah, Tomo, etc. Otherwise, from one game to another, they do not change.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In order to make a good story one needs to keep it new and fresh. If you use the same ideas over again the story runs the risk of becoming cliched, stale, dull, and plain boring. Is that what you want Andarc? Just have Konami stay in the same place, do the same thing, and use the same characters over and over again. Would that not be dull? You say that the latest Suikoden are dull, but is that not flawed logic? Seeing new faces and places is supposed to be exciting and for most it is exciting. Apparently one new person isn't to dull to you. Taste come into play here as well. It is logical for old characters to come back, but is it tasteful? I don't think so. Tir's return in Suikoden II is nothing more than a Throw back to Suikoden 1 and they just work him into a list of battlers. He is not even apart of the overall story.

Keep in mind that these are living breathing people. Watching people fight and die all for you is supposed to be some what traumatizing right? Why would these normal young boys want to come back anyway?

I'm for one glade that Konami is trying to present a story the way they want to present it . Instead of listing to fans fawning all over one instance of the story.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
Game Idea:

Two years or so after Suikoden III, Thomas returns to the Nameless Lands as a more rugged warrior and ends up getting a True Rune and becoming a kick arse Tenkai Star.

Yes, maybe they could rip his shirt a bit and he'll look all buff walking through The Nameless Lands owning everything as if he is king, or vague lord in this case. Although I can see Thomas and his gang in a kind of more light hearted Suikoden spin-off, I wouldn't mind that.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Masa wrote:
Game Idea:

Yes, maybe they could rip his shirt a bit and he'll look all buff walking through The Nameless Lands owning everything as if he is king, or vague lord in this case. Although I can see Thomas and his gang in a kind of more light hearted Suikoden spin-off, I wouldn't mind that.

<_< I liked that idea, you didnt have to shoot it down like that... :(

also

Sophita wrote:

And Harmonia is north of Falena, Armes, etc., not south. :?

....lol...

so the world is flat? OK, well I'll stick to my philosophy, the world is round...but as not to offend anyone (namely you) I shall say.... the world is round IMHO... better? lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: