Suikoden United and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Levelling up...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Levelling up... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got my main team around level 46 and I'd like to get to 50 as soon as possible. Any good spots for a quick levelling up at that point?
Fifth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think in the ruins of Obel after you've liberate it. Those monsters are easy to beat and give nice EXP points ^^ or may be you can go to the training hall on your ship... I think it's level 5 and bring few people like 2 or 3.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gweh?? They're easy to beat? Which game were you playing again? The monsters in -my- Ruins of Obel were damnably obnoxious when I went back the second time.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Harukaze, they're a pain (and entirely un-slashable) and my main characters are almost at level 60. They're not hard to beat, or anything, they just took a bit more time than I was wanting to spend on them, since I was going after the Golden Hammer. Man, with the Hero and Ted, those Angel Hairballs are easy to defeat and, with Gunter as support, you can make a fair amount of potch.

Maiazuru, one area I would recommend, other than Reinhold's training room on the ship, is in the Kooluk Advanced Base at Illuya. The only enemies you'll face in that area are a trio of Kooluk soldiers, and they give out a fair amount of experience and a reasonable amount of potch. It's also a relatively easy way to level up some lower leveled characters as it took maybe 20 minutes (if that) to bring Tal from level 3 to level 50. The potch you'll gain during those battles will also be enough to strengthen the weapons to level 16.

On the subject of strengthening the weapons, even though I got the Golden Hammer, I could never find the Silver Hammer even though I've heard both here and in the guide that it is within a treasure chest following the liberation of Obel. I've looked everywhere in Obel (both the town and the Hall of Knights) and there no other un-opened chests to be found. Ah well, I'll see if I can find it on New Game+.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Fifth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, they're easy to beat... I just took 2 rounds and those monsters we're done. I just used attacks and no magic. well except if there are 2 unicorns(I fleewhen I see them). If i'm not mistaken I'm in level 68 at that time and my support is Yu. Weapons are all in level 15.
Fifth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
On the subject of strengthening the weapons, even though I got the Golden Hammer, I could never find the Silver Hammer even though I've heard both here and in the guide that it is within a treasure chest following the liberation of Obel. I've looked everywhere in Obel (both the town and the Hall of Knights) and there no other un-opened chests to be found. Ah well, I'll see if I can find it on New Game+.

You can get the Silver hammer in Razril after you liberate it. It is when the time you can explore in the afternoon. and ONLY at the time. A number of treasure chest will appear and one of the is the one with hammer. Just explore the whole knight's HQ... i forgot the exact location sorry hehehe
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

datenshi_blue wrote:
yeah, they're easy to beat... I just took 2 rounds and those monsters we're done. I just used attacks and no magic. well except if there are 2 unicorns(I fleewhen I see them). If i'm not mistaken I'm in level 68 at that time and my support is Yu. Weapons are all in level 15.

Duh they're easy then! The dungeon is meant for being around level 50 or so, tops. I first got there at roughly 45 or so. And even the Hero's weapon was only level 11 or 12 or so; everyone else's was at their first name change.

The thing is, the guy was asking HOW to level up quickly. If he's there at your level, he doesn't need this dungeon to level up, so your comment's kinda pointless.... Don't mean to be rude, but explaining that something is easy when you're level 68 doesn't help someone who said he's at level 46.
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my suggestion is to tough it out... that's what I did. Stock up on some mega medicines and such, then just fight near the entrance, run in circles until you get a battle, and so on. When you're low on magic, just rest at the inn, go sharpen up your weapons, buy some armor and go back.

Levelling up for me hasn't been too much of a problem as I fight just about everything that crosses my path. I'm on my second playthrough right now. I'm not even back at Obel yet and my Hero is level 50.
GrosserFluss

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Using Reinhold's training facility is the best way to level up in my opinion. The only problem with it is that you don't get any potch from the battles, but every time you win you get a slash rune which sells for 2500 potch I believe.
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea but the problem for me in his training facility is that i can always get to at least the third lvl but then on the 3rd or 4th level the oppents uses a magic spell that takes out my whole team, and i dont know to how remedy this
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Training Room is hard at first. This is a difficult phase of the game. Best thing I can suggest is to take Tenko's suggestion. That dungeon can level you up quickly, but it's lethal. It took me three or four escapes to get all the way through.
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just put a Rage rune on your Hero and go to Nal-Nal alone and fight some Kooluk.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

moonknight wrote:
yea but the problem for me in his training facility is that i can always get to at least the third lvl but then on the 3rd or 4th level the oppents uses a magic spell that takes out my whole team, and i dont know to how remedy this

Make your characters as fast as they can be (speed rings!) That way, you'll get the first attack. If your spells are powerful enough (like Earthquake or Rage rune spells) you can usually take them out first.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took Wendel to the Obel Ruins to recruit Travis (more like I had 3 characters in my party and she became the fourth) and she leveled up to the hero's level in like 3 or so battles. Of course, I had planned to use Wendel to beat the game, so if she didn't join my party, then I would've rushed back and put her in...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Carabbit wrote:
moonknight wrote:

Make your characters as fast as they can be (speed rings!) That way, you'll get the first attack. If your spells are powerful enough (like Earthquake or Rage rune spells) you can usually take them out first.

Magic Cancellers also work if you have them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: