Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Didn't know where I should post this so I created a new thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What exactly are you thanking me for.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been seeing those purple underscores on and off for awhile and was always wondering whta the hell it was...

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't want to open up a whole new thread for this minor incident:
My "View posts since last" doesn't show me what the name promises... I can posts from yesterday, even posts I already answered to, but nothing of this day. The new stuff is marked when I look directly for them, but not otherwise. It's no big deal, but still worth a question I think.

The Fool
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think theres a bug in certain phpBB versions that, when a staff members deletes the last post in a topic, you get the "no post exists for this topic" message, the only way to get past this at the moment is clicking the reply button and then using the "Topic Review" screen (below posting box) to see the last post.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, thank you for your help, Uji. I will try it when this happens again to me.

The Fool
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sparhawk wrote:
I've been seeing those purple underscores on and off for awhile and was always wondering whta the hell it was...

You have spyware/adware on your browser. Get a good anti-spyware/adware program and cleanse your computer. This has nothing to do with suikox.

Eden wrote:
I don't want to open up a whole new thread for this minor incident:
My "View posts since last" doesn't show me what the name promises... I can posts from yesterday, even posts I already answered to, but nothing of this day. The new stuff is marked when I look directly for them, but not otherwise. It's no big deal, but still worth a question I think.

This typically happens when you havn't closed your browser at all for a long period of time. Your cookie tracks which posts are "new" or "old" based on "sessions." Sessions are defined by how long your browser has been opened, so if you have your computer running 24/7 with the browser opened for a very long time, you'll tend to get a very long list of new posts. Sessions also reset when you log out from your account.

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
I think theres a bug in certain phpBB versions that, when a staff members deletes the last post in a topic, you get the "no post exists for this topic" message, the only way to get past this at the moment is clicking the reply button and then using the "Topic Review" screen (below posting box) to see the last post.

The problem you describe is completely different from the problem reported by Eden. The "no posts exists for this topic" error happens when something goes wrong during member deletion, causing a discrepancy between the user record and the post record. It basically has nothing to do with which threads appear in the "view new posts since last visit." Just a clarification. I'm sure Blasphemy can put all of this more eloquently in a way that's easier to understand, but that's the best I can do.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:

The problem you describe is completely different from the problem reported by Eden. The "no posts exists for this topic" error happens when something goes wrong during member deletion, causing a discrepancy between the user record and the post record. It basically has nothing to do with which threads appear in the "view new posts since last visit." Just a clarification. I'm sure Blasphemy can put all of this more eloquently in a way that's easier to understand, but that's the best I can do.

Alright then, my mistake, but that error has occured for me before, so I thought it would be worth mentioning anyway. :)
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
This typically happens when you havn't closed your browser at all for a long period of time. Your cookie tracks which posts are "new" or "old" based on "sessions." Sessions are defined by how long your browser has been opened, so if you have your computer running 24/7 with the browser opened for a very long time, you'll tend to get a very long list of new posts. Sessions also reset when you log out from your account.

I am working on a public computer that freaks me out... I am not even able to copy anything, so there is a good chance this it's this computer's fault that bothered me again. Unfortunately I won't be able to change anything about it, but I know now at least the reason for it.

Uji, I suspected your tip wasn't really the solution to my problem, but thank you anyway! ;)

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: