Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What made you love Suikoden..??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember one of my really good friends had gotten Suikoden III for Christmas the year it came out. I was over at her house watching her play thinking it was dumb and stupid and blah blah. Then she went back to the castle to change her party and I about fell over when I saw how many characters you could use and how different they all were. I remember really liking Lily, Sharon, Sarah, Watari and Yuber. They all looked spiffy. So, having no idea what the plot was and thinking the gameplay looked only mildly interesting, I went to the mall and shelled out forty bucks. And it was so worth it.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe I never posted in this thread!

It's hard for me to say what exactly makes Suikoden my favorite RPG. It could be the characters, the battle system, the 108 stars of destiny, or a number of things. I think mostly it's the way the stories link together (when it comes to SI-SIII) through the characters... it gives it some sort of historical significance in a sense. I also love how the writers leave so many plot points untold, instead of revealing all the shady details or all the shady characters. It makes you want to learn more, and of course the deeper you go the further you fall under the game's enchantment.

I seriously doubt I'll play an RPG that will better this series. I'm really hoping that SIV, if nothing else, draws in more people to the series (and deeper into the enchantment).

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ho my god, there is so much things... the caracters, good, evil, wierd, lost( in mind and physically), good looking babes. 

there was always something new each time i played it.

the story is usually very sad but also has some moment of joy. it reflect very well the wars and all that comes with it.

great runes and dirverstity in magic, attack, combo, ect...

i could speak abouyt an hour on suikoden but i'll stop here cause it would take mne waaayyyyy too long.

SUIKODEN rules!!!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What made me like Suikoden is the storyline which makes it more indepth and not cliche... When i first played Suikoden 2, i love d how the story flows and how suitable the graphics were. Some people demean it for the graphics but that's not the point! It's story is what matters and it's what most suikogamers like.

Another quality about this game is the music... The Retrospection composed by Miki Higashino was my favorite. I'm sure you like most original Suikoden music as well. All i know is that the music is calm and my type of music!

And also that's where i met Viki! That's the main reason i like to but Suikoden games. Knowing Viki a lot more is really rewarding for me. As far as i'm concerned, she's a Suikostaple!

All in all, i love the stories that are quite similar to many historical events and how well the characters intertwine. It's the BEST game i've ever played! :mrgreen:

Viki: Yay! :D

Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just love how the authors actually went through the trouble of linking the games together. And beyond that...it makes sense. More or less. They really made an effort to be accurate and logical in historical facts, timelines, and whatnot. Except for the Viki/Jeane phenomena I don't think there's anything about the game that I don't understand or that can't be explained through research. It's really kinda cool. I put a lot of stock in story these days so its important to me.

That...and the costumes are just so dang kewl! :lol:

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I fell in love with Suikoden II because my hero, Lord Dude, was so cool. Well, not as cool as Luca, Jowy, Nanami, Jess, Neclord, Sid, *goes down a list*. Oh, that list doesn't include Flik or Viktor.

But, the story was awesome. I loved Luca's death scene, and he basically set himself as the greatest villain I've ever seen. And the story of heartbreak, friends, love, and betrayal is just so great. I love the "official" ending. It's just so wonderful.

I liked Suikoden III, but not as much. And I really dislike Suikoden I, mainly because it played so differently from Suikoden II that I couldn't have fun due to all the restrictions.

Of course, my love for the series has just about died, and I won't be getting Suikoden IV. Still, Suikoden II is one of the greatest.
Fifth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko is the best RPG I've ever played. I love it because of the Storyline, how the events were linked together... just like reading History books hehehe. You can also learn many Values in it. Character Design is definitely a factor too! I remeber when I first play a suiko game(GS2) i was really fascinated by the character design and their personality development too. I also love recruiting the 108 stars and after that setting up your own castle, it makes the game more challenging :D I also like New games (gambling) and Features like the cooking contest in GS2, Horse race in GS3 and all new improve Fishing in GS4. Can't wait for the new runes too! and lastly THE BATH SCENES!!! :wink:
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Originally I loved Suikoden because of the mass amount of characters you could control and recruit and the fact that you got a castle. Then as I played the game I started falling for the story and the characters and by time Suikoden 2 came out I was hooked. From the story, to the characters, the mini-games, the towns, the music, it all pulled me in..... ONE OF THE GREATEST SERIES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! LET'S HEAR A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!!!!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved Suikoden cause when I saw my cousin playing S2 I liked the 2D picture.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684690 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was Suikoden 2 for me. I remember when i rented it from a crappy ass video store because i had played everything else. I ended up playing till about 4:00 in the morning without stopping. From then i was hooked. I can't pinpoint what specific aspect of the game made me like it so much, i guess it was just the total package.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Suikoden because of the storyline.

There are a lot of ways you can play it and none of them the same, especially in Suikoden III, where there are three (or five? Including Luc and Thomas?) different main characters at one go.

Then there are the sidequests and how those side quests and linked to each other, and how the other characters react to a particular character. (Remember the Flik-Nina thing in Suikoden II?)

To be accurate, the game itself drew me, not graphics or anything else. It was everything and anything about the game.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden really got me intrested even before I played it. Recuiting 108 characters? At the time the most characters you would get to join you in RPGs was around 5 or 6. I think a Final Fantasy was probably the one that had the highest at the time, But 108? What is this madness? How could you possibly get 108 people and how would you fight with them all? These are just some of the questions in my head BEFORE I even played the game. I just had to know, I had to play it.

Then once I bought the game (the first Suikoden mind you so it was a long time ago) and started playing it I became addicted on the entire concept of "people collecting" This is great I thought, I must get them all!! ...Kind of sounds like the Pokemon slogan, Gotta Catch em all!! The game made it fun and challenging at times (curse you Window you son of a...) For some reason unknown to me still to this day. I would LOVE to just run around my castle and talk to each person I recruited. This became even more crazy when Suikoden II came out and added NPCs to the castle.

I loved the whole idea of you the hero becoming a leader of an army and gaining allies on your own to fight a war. and as you gained more and more allies your headquarters grew and grew.
I still love how everyone called you Master or Lord XD

However everything combined, doesnt match the story. That is what made Suikoden so great to me. Suikoden actually made me care about the people involved. It made me care about their world and what happened to them. Every single person has a story to tell, each as tragic as the next. but they all gather together by destiny and make a better country in the end. :cry: :P

And it was cool too!! :lol:
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 was my friend Suikoden I ever played. It was late 90's I THINK. And I was at the Mall of America with my family and my friend and his parents who are friends with my parents sorta thing. Anyways I had like 60 dollars to spend. Or around that. And I remember me spending some money on a all day pass to camp snoopy, but I had just enough money left for to buy suikoden. At the time or atleast at this mall it was like between 30-50 dollars. It was a long time ago.. Anywho I remember taking it back to the hotel room in the cities we were all staying at. And I had brought my PS. I just remember playing it for like 15 minutes and then not being able to stop. My parents acutally had to yell at me to get off and go swim at the hotel pool or somthing. Mostly the storeline just sucked me. Then I just wanted to learn more. So I borrowed my friends suikoden 1. I kepted it for well over a year since I kept wanting to play it. I guess now the want for knowlage of the suikoden world attracts me constantly go out and buy the next and newest version of the game.

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden, quite simply, is probably the best game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Playing Suikoden, to me, is like playing with a ball of joy, cuddling it, holding it. That is, until the third game, that's when it started to detereorate into a ball of joy sheltered by thorns, every once and a while those thorns would lift and you would see the game you fell in love with years ago.

In any case, Suikoden has brought me years of joy. And I've tried to figure out why and this is what I have so far...

The most obvious thing is the 108 stars. Every game has its assortment of Side-Quests but the 108 stars is the most fun and the most rewarding side-quest I have seen in any game, ever. Not to mention the countless other side-quests that appear throughout the game. It also adds to the plot enrichment of the game as a whole. Adding extra scenes and whatnot.

Nextly, the plot is probably the best I've ever seen in any game, save Metal Gear Solid. It's probably because it's based on a book, but I digress. The true runes, the 108 stars, all of the correlating to match the perfection of Suikoden.

Lastly, the gameplay is stunning. It allowed me just to run around and battle for at least an hour on end. In no game ever have I enjoyed this freedom.

It's so great. I love it.

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheNeclord wrote:
Suikoden really got me intrested even before I played it. Recuiting 108 characters? At the time the most characters you would get to join you in RPGs was around 5 or 6. I think a Final Fantasy was probably the one that had the highest at the time, But 108? What is this madness? How could you possibly get 108 people and how would you fight with them all? These are just some of the questions in my head BEFORE I even played the game. I just had to know, I had to play it.

Then once I bought the game (the first Suikoden mind you so it was a long time ago) and started playing it I became addicted on the entire concept of "people collecting" This is great I thought, I must get them all!! ...Kind of sounds like the Pokemon slogan, Gotta Catch em all!! The game made it fun and challenging at times (curse you Window you son of a...) For some reason unknown to me still to this day. I would LOVE to just run around my castle and talk to each person I recruited. This became even more crazy when Suikoden II came out and added NPCs to the castle.

I loved the whole idea of you the hero becoming a leader of an army and gaining allies on your own to fight a war. and as you gained more and more allies your headquarters grew and grew.
I still love how everyone called you Master or Lord XD

However everything combined, doesnt match the story. That is what made Suikoden so great to me. Suikoden actually made me care about the people involved. It made me care about their world and what happened to them. Every single person has a story to tell, each as tragic as the next. but they all gather together by destiny and make a better country in the end. :cry: :P

And it was cool too!! :*laugh*:

:D My sentiments exactly!

It is like a "gotta catch'em all" syndrome.

But besides that, what can actually beat the way the storylines are entwined with the main one?

Not much. :wink:

I must confess that Suikoden replaced Final Fantasy as my favorite gaming RPG since I touched Suikoden II.

Graphics-wise, Final Fantasy rocks.

Story-and-interactivity-wise, give me Suikoden anytime. :wink:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: