Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ganon Dun wrote:
Rei Rei wrote:
The guy telling the story is the guy I met at Lotown or whatever it's called. I can tell becase they both sound old and hindu. Mm hmm.

No, you'll meet the guy who tells the story a pretty soon.

Aww. My suspicions... incorrect! But they do sound the same.

So I played a bit today. You know, this game really hates me. Really. I went to do the Thextera hunt and first he killed me, then I learned level 1 white and black magic but his two wolves killed me, then his fangs killed me, then I vanquished him but I went exploring and some random wolf used fangs on me, then I finally defeated him. Then I went to do the Flowering Cactoid and I was so close to defeating it, but my power went out.

Uhh. ._.

But I did defeat it. It blinded me first so I had to use magic, then my MP drained so I was avoiding it until I had enough MP to cast Fire again while it used Ram on me, and I used up all my potions. But when it started running away I started chasing it and got it! I was so proud. :mrgreen:

And now I gotta get a Sunstone or something. Sounds lame compared to cactuses that can blind you.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Of course the game will be boring if you rely heavily on the gambit system. To increase the excitement, you should have at least one character with no gambits, and turn the battle speed to maximum.

But if you didn't enjoy the plot so far, then yeah, you will probably want to return it. It doesnt get much more interesting until the end.

I always have one character without gambits (I usually use Balthier or Vaan), but still it's kind of boring to sit there and wait for the monster to attack then you attack over and over without pushing the X button. I'm not use to the MMORPG feeling FFXII has so that might be it but still...

I'll try my best to finish this game though. If I can beat Evergace (the worst RPG I ever played) then this should'nt be a problem. Besides I can't get a full refund off FFXII anyway so I might as well finish it. :P

BTW is the strat guide for the game worth it, because I don't have a printer to get a guide from GameFaqs.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rei Rei wrote:
Then I went to do the Flowering Cactoid and I was so close to defeating it, but my power went out.

Uhh. ._.

But I did defeat it. It blinded me first so I had to use magic, then my MP drained so I was avoiding it until I had enough MP to cast Fire again while it used Ram on me, and I used up all my potions. But when it started running away I started chasing it and got it! I was so proud. :mrgreen:

And now I gotta get a Sunstone or something. Sounds lame compared to cactuses that can blind you.

LOL I had so much freaking trouble with that Flowering Cactoid. You start killing it and all is well but once it starts running away I always got into trouble, all sorts of adds and extra mobs attacking me, that cactoid gets very evasive too... the icing on my first attempt was his 1000 needles, I had like 300 hp that wasn't fair XD I went back and got him easy once I had a third person in my party.

Currently I've just done the Henne mines and boy did decoy come in handy the first time those flans got the drop on me! From the original 4 there were 13 of the buggers attacking me by the end, it was lifesaving that I could get them all off Fran and back onto attacking Vaan.

I'm sorta overlevelling my characters as I do, currently the mobs I'm fighting are 28ish and my characters are 37.

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasted Stilshrine!!! Curse you Undead meanie that came out of the ground after a facer had reduce me to critical health and made me run into bombs!!!!

After that I decided to do more hunts and maybe get an Esper or two...

So into the Zertian Caverns I went, snuck around the Buers (I'm at level 33 or so) and faced, and beat (insert tricky name of thunder Esper, A___ the Wroth or something) and so started to wander out looking for an exit to escape from Shambling corpses. However! As I exit I run into stupid blasted teleporting unicorns!!!! Who kill me right at the exit!! I haven't tried to get the Esper since (is currently leveling up to around Lv 39)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That thunder esper.... is that that beastie inside the sand tornado in the middle of those caverns? Boy did that thing smoke me, it took out Giglas in like one hit and I barely got away with some deft running.

Those malboro-unicorns weren't so hard with the deathbringer blade equipped, they are pretty annoying of course but that tornado beastie was what really got me running from the caverns. I should probably go try him again now that I have decoy and maingauche on Vaan.

Oh that's right it was a flying beastie in that tornado as well, that's sucky since I dont have that 'makes melee hits ranged' technik yet >.>

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

'telekinesis' is the term I think

I don't have Deathringer yet (I want it though...) and I just popped off a few quickenings at him and bam, then I ran like hell and died XD

~Tinto~
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You should totally go get the deathbringer, Penelo's hitting for about 2000 a hit at the moment, compared with Vaan doing about 400 that's wicked. The quest(s) that build up to allowing you to get the deathbringer are great as well, cactoids are so cute I cant stand it XD

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I would be I'm no where near Belhafom or whatever the port is...I'm still at the Stilshrine...ah well...can't be helped I guess...

~Tinto~
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyway, what does everyone have in their Sky Pirate's Den so far? I think that place is the cutest ever.

I got Balthier for 300 hits, Fran for 200 magick, a Chocobo for 50,000 steps, Basch for defeating 500 enemies and Montblanc for a Chain of 50(although my highest is 108). :mrgreen: I can't wait to get more.. it's so cute.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a bunch of stuff...some weird monster for performing every Concurrance, a white chocobo for defeating the Trickster, all the ones that Rei Rei already mentioned. Um, I'm sure there are a few more...oh, one for using Technicks 100 or more times. I don't really see the point of most of them to be honest with you.

I'd rather just have a page that's got all my stats. Enemies defeated, steps taken, etc. The awards got dated pretty fast, too! I had most of them since I was on my way to Raithwall's Tomb, and since then the only ones I've earned I think were the Trickster one, and maybe one other. Perhaps the Quickening Concurrance one, I don't think I got a Black Hole until sometime later.

I dunno, the whole game feels like that to me. I feel like a lot of the game's features don't keep up with its content. You spend X amount of time running around killing Marks, or whatever, and you end up overlevelled, with the License board completed, nothing left in the Sky Pirates' Den, and so on.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya I know what you mean. I got to the Phon Coast then went backwards to finish some marks and stuff, so I'm now lvl 52 and most enemies I meet are in their 30s. I've been running around the Feywood a bit too just for laughs and such.

My Sky Pirates den? Okay from memory here goes:
Vaan - steal 50 times
Penelo - make 100000 gil
Yellow Chocobo - 50000 steps
Umm that dark haired guy used to be Ashe's bodyguard - ?
Fran - 200 magic
Balthier - 300 hits
Mimic chest - # marks killed?
Basch - 500 enemies killed
Montblanc - chain of 50
Other moogle that runs choco stables - # espers?
Guy lying on couch - ?
Carrot - defeat carrot
Trickster - defeat trickster

No Ashe yet though, I wonder what her condition is?

I'm all about permi-buffs at the moment, I finally stopped using my maingauche though I still want that evasion XD

Permi-Self-Buff setup:
LVL 51-52
Vaan (tank): Protect, Shell, Haste, Regen, Bubble (+decoy in boss fights)
Penelo (DPS): Haste, Bravery, Regen, Bubble (+berzerk in boss fights)
Fran (healer): Haste, Faith, Regen, Libra

The problem with this setup is that it requires pretty tough enemies to keep my MP full, if I'm fighting things that die in one hit ( and with Penelo hitting for 4000 that's often ) they cant keep their MP up. That's why I have Ashe:

Solo setup Ashe:
LVL 43
Ashe (solo): Protect, Haste, Bravery, Regen, Bubble, Libra

I equip the best bow I have on her, and can pretty much kite anything, even higher levels than her. Anything that gets too tricky I can immobilise then shoot and dont take a scratch. Even successfully soloed an elemental without much fuss.

I really should advance the story, should go get to Archades.

Last edited by Falcon Critical on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ashe is bringing the average party level to 50 (Examplar)

I don't have her yet but I have the guide so...now to hunt rare game. Oh and I got Zalera, I ran like all hell past all the undead to get there and unloaded quickening on him. Am now at Giruvegan...

~Tinto~
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harrekki, that's my favorite part of the game. The mood there is so ominous.

Oh, and I beat the game last night finally and what have you. Hunting some sort of vegetable now. I should be getting Suikoden V this week though, so I'm not going to get much further with the side quests.

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know what it is, but i just don't feel compelled to do ANY of the sidequests in this game. i mean, i already have 90+ hours, and more than half of that is just leveling up. i just want to beat this game.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got Zalera and Exodus yesterday myself, Exodus I basically kept dispelling him, had some 'shell sheilds' equipped because it took the damage from his spells down to just less than all my HP, so I wasn't constantly dying... and I waited out his 'physical immune' thing.

Zalera I had potentially lost but sneaked it at the end (with 2.5 min remaining so I was good for time).

I had Vaan(51), Fran(51), Penelo(52) - so no prime numbers thankfully. He could still hit both Vaan and Fran with disable, it was a bit hectic at the start with those skellies always appearing but then after like 30 sec I got pissed off and berzerked Penelo .... and boy am I glad I did. With Haste/Zerk/Bravery/Full HP and the Deathbringer sword she becomes a machine gun of death hitting like twice per second for 4-5k damage. Luckily no skellies turned up once I zerked her, Vaan was constantly dying and being rezzed and casting decoy on himself, at one stage he got penelo with stop and both fran and vaan dead, I swapped in ashe to unstop and rez but she died soon after getting the remedy away... so it was down to penelo vs boss, with penelo down to about half HP and the boss critical, but luckily she got him with her berzerkness a split second before he re-stopped her. Awesome stuff.

Truly though, zerking my heavy hitter in a boss fight has saved me more times than its hurt me, in fact its paid off 100% of the time so far. She's died a couple times against Exodus and got to the point where zerking her wasn't advantageous anymore... but other than that encounter, its just been the best.

Anyone else use berzerk offensively like this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 15 of 20

Jump to: