Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
Bub wrote:
I'm slightly baffled as to how high my fame is.
I am probably guessing it is high due to my n00bness, and people are all like, "Who the hell is Bub?" and, "What a stupid name...Bub...I'ma gonna click at his name until he goes away."

Something like that.

So really, the more fame you have, the more of a n00b you are. *wink wink* I sure hope people will stop raising my fame! *hint hint*

So... that means VeX is the noobiest member on the site?

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That or people are terrible at remembering who the forums admin are and are attracted to the white name.

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that it would be cool if when you beat someone in a duel you took a portion of their fame. Like half or something.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, so THAT's what fame's all about. I really need to check Budehuc more often. :|

Usually I only check the profiles of new people when they're sorted in Harmonia and also myself, because I'm incredibly vain and want to see my glorious stats. (I'm chasing 700,000 words and 200 WPP... don't think I'll get there soon.)

My fame is 21 right now... seems pretty low. But I bet I was responsible for half of them. *sigh* Nobody wants to check out the awesome George Carlin quote in my profile? *gives the puppy dog eyes* :P

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tom Servo is worth a click. I've officially contributed to your fame.

I think I'm well past 700,000 words and 200 WPP by this point...more like 750,000 and 310 WPP I imagine. Just wait until I post my NaNoWriMo. I'm shooting for 350 WPP with that sucker. You just watch.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does this One Click - One Fame point work for every person? I don't mean for one himself, but if one looks at a alien profile and increases the fame of the person whose profile he looks at, does this work once per day or will the fame increase each time one looks at it?

Edit: Thanks Zal. I just wanted to be completely sure.

The Fool

Last edited by Eden on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only once per day eden.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Jorge Prima wrote:
Bub wrote:
I'm slightly baffled as to how high my fame is.
I am probably guessing it is high due to my n00bness, and people are all like, "Who the hell is Bub?" and, "What a stupid name...Bub...I'ma gonna click at his name until he goes away."

Something like that.

So really, the more fame you have, the more of a n00b you are. *wink wink* I sure hope people will stop raising my fame! *hint hint*

So... that means VeX is the noobiest member on the site?

This makes me the un-noobiest member around, I have less than 20 fame. XD

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh dear, this is gonna be a problem. Another popularity contest abounds. I was wondering where this stat came from since I just recently returned from hiatus, and I stumbled upon it here. Interestijng idea, Vector. Msut be fun having many variables to play with... ^^

(EDIT: Yep. Some suggestions indeed. For fun purposes. :D )
Fame can be used for a number of reasons...
> you gain more soldiers if your country has many famous people
> you earn more money per post
> your unit gets stronger
> it affects your stats (proud people never win, or do they?)
> there is a sudden change in the person's governing city's stats (like commerce goes up or something, yet security lessens due to paparazzi)
> and much more!

Of course, those are all just speculations to what it may be used for... :mrgreen:

As for my own fame, I have less than 70, i think. I just noticed that Highwind, has over 120+ fame already, and I'm rather disturbed... Wonder how these will come into play... Either way, I hope this helps Grassland Tourism! My title of Minister of culture (and Trade and Industry) demands it! :mrgreen:

Last edited by VikiFanatic on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest I'm happy with fame being a useless stat, it's one of those variables that can be "influenced" a bit too easily, it's quite nice having it though just to see how many people check your profile.

VikiFanatic wrote:
Fame can be used for a number of reasons...
> you gain more soldiers if your country has many famous people
> you earn more money per post
> your unit gets stronger
> it affects your stats (proud people never win, or do they?)
> there is a sudden change in the person's governing city's stats (like commerce goes up or something, yet security lessens due to paparazzi)
> and much more!

Hmm? Are those suggestions? I think they are... :shock:

Maybe its because the link is in my signature at this point in time, or because I am a mercenary, but I think I've managed to secure a healthy flow of fame for myself. Where would I be without the little people?
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Flaunts his fame around* I'm so famous! Oh yeah, I'm more famous than most people! I'm so good looking that's why!

*ehem*

The fame variable might just be like the one in Friendster (I don't know if myspace has one too) wherein you can see how many people has looked into your account. It helps in self-esteem and makes people strive to be more interesting so others will look at them more.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: