Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your favorite/least liked town/dungeon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favourite Town - Eh...none of the towns sticks out in my head as particularly fun to hang out in. Maybe Yashuna with its nice scenery. Also, any town with that many hot springs has to be worth a visit, right? I sort of liked Sable too, but I hated the music there. More than I hated the music in Haud. There, I said it.

Anyway, Sable is pretty cool, I sort of like the frontier town feel that it has, especially considering how far away from everything that it really is. The town's design has that kind of cramped 'mountain fort' feel to it both inside and out, and it's surrounded by walls...it's all pretty well done.

Least Favourite Town - I agree completely with RedCydranth, the worst towns in the game are Sol-Falena and Port Spinacks. Complain all you like about the music and the decor in Haud Village, but at least that place can be run through in ten seconds or less. Sol-Falena on the other hand must have been designed by, as Red said, an idiot. It took me ages to find the exit from the town, and at the end, I still didn't know where all of the shops and services that the city supposed had were at. Even if I had, I doubt that I would have bothered to partake of any of them, when I could just teleport to some place with a demi sensible layout and take care of my business there.

RedCydranth wrote:
Then there's the fact that when you blink in there you start out at the Port, which has no purpose after the opening scene really.

This seemed incredibly confusing and frustrating to me. However, once I knew that there was a land exit from the port, it's the one that I always used. It's almost certainly quicker to get to the port exit from the Sun Palace, since I got lost literally every time trying to find the eastern land exit from the city itself. I would get lost running off on the dead-end islets in Sol-Falena all the bloody time. Ugh, very frustrating.

Port Spinacks just had an incredible amount of unnecessary running back and forth across the town. Having to run all the way to the bottom of the town, then all the way across the town, then all the way up the town...yeah. Not a very good layout. Doraat is pretty much the same way, it's excessively large and difficult to navigate. Moreover, since your castle has all of the valuable stuff anyway, there's no reason to waste your time running around in either Doraat or Sol-Falena once you've reached the later part of the game.

Favourite Dungeon - I don't know, maybe the Ashtwal Mountains actually. Definitely nothing even pertaining to the Deep Twilight Forest, where I was lost for ages without hope of return. Good thing I brought a strong party there, or I would have been in a world of hurt. The Ceras Lake Runes were kinda cool too, I guess...but not really my speed. Maybe it was just that Zweig was so woefully underpowered because I didn't sharpen his weapon until I started to suspect that there was going to be a huge boss at the end. I'll go Ashtwal Mountains, it was pretty easy to navigate, which is a huge plus, with some predictably powerful enemies, and some party-switching puzzles. Normally I don't especially like 3-party split type things, but the Ashtwal dungeon wasn't too maze-like, so it was fine, and even made it a bit more challenging for me (especially once I got to the bosses).

Least Favourite Dungeon - Definitely the Deep Twilight Forest. Not the ruins themselves, mind you, but the forest around them. I was lost for ages there, through what I'm convinced was 50% weak powers of observation and 50% highly difficult to see pathways.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite liked Estrise, for it's windmills, the port to access the Island Nations, but I was also quite fond of Sable, because it's an out of the way town and also has a border with New Armes. For some reason I like towns that are on borders with new countries, it kind of gives you the idea of their culture, even if it is nothing like it.

I did feel however that there were some really boring and dull towns in S5, such as Doraat and Dwarf Village, I mean theres hardly any character at all to Doraat, and Dwarf Village is just about 7 or 8 tents.

Parallax wrote:
Least Favourite Dungeon - Definitely the Deep Twilight Forest. Not the ruins themselves, mind you, but the forest around them. I was lost for ages there, through what I'm convinced was 50% weak powers of observation and 50% highly difficult to see pathways.

Worst dungeon? I agree, Deep Twilight Forest, the very, very bad camera angles made it hard for such a simply laid out map. Must've added an extra hour to my time on the game.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my list

Favourite Town: Stormfist. This is a great town mainly because it has a good atmosphere and vibe to it. The only problem with this is that there is too much Godwin security everywhere but otherwise else this is a great place to go.

Least Favourite Town: Definately Haud village for many reasons.
1) Besides Isabel and Mathias you don't get to recruit any good characters.
2) The place does not have a good song.
3) The town itself does not look good.
4) The people here are absolute losers.
Its good to try and get out of the town as fast as possible.

Favourite Dungeon: I don't really have a favourite mainly because i am not a big fan of Dungeons. The main reason i do them is to get it over with and advance the story.

Least Favourite Dungeon: Its gotta be The Ruins of Obel from Suikoden 4. I hate going through here especially when you try and get Travis. Here are some reasons why.
1) The enemies at this stage of the game are really tough
2) Theres too many random encounters
3) Its hard to run away from the battles here
4) Its pretty easy to make the wrong turn and get lost here
5) You have to go through this whole process TWICE if you want to recruit Travis
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Town: I liked Lunas for some reason. The peaceful scenery, the nice music, and the nice view was very appealing to me. If I were to pick a place in the Suikoden world to live in, I would pick Lunas for the reasons I stated.

Least Favorite Town: Haud Village. My reason? It's the freaky music. It was an attack to my senses.

Favorite Dungeon: Ashtwal Mountains. It feels really good when you know after this dungeon will be the final boss, isn't it? I always have this very same feeling whenever I go to the Ashtwal Mountains.

Least Favorite Dungeon: Deep Twilight Forest. I spent hours and hours on that damn place and still I couldn't find the right way. I hated this dungeon because of that. Konami would have made it easier if they had put a mini map in, but they didn't.
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the sneaking suspician that I'm going to have to play Suiko 4 over again. I can barely remember some places. I don't remember the dungeons of Obel at all.

Anyway onto the more important matter:

Fave Town: Suiko 1 - Gregminster, Suiko 2 - Muse, Suiko 3 - Iksay Village, Suiko 4 - Obel, Suiko 5 - Raftfleet but also love Rainwall and Sol Falena.

Least Fave Town: Suiko 1 - Sarady, Suiko 2 - Two River, Suiko 3 - Brass Castle, Suiko 4 - Razril, Suiko 5 - It's toss up between Haud Village and Saurinox Castle. I don't like Haud for the same reasons as everyone else, the music, decor and people are all horrible but I don't like Saurinox because of the neverending staircase.

Fave Dungeon - Suiko 1 - Toran Lake Castle, Suiko 2 - Sindar Ruins, Suiko 3 - Water Rune Caves (???, not sure if that's the official name but it't the place you go to get the true water rune), Suiko 4 - pass, I don't remember the dungeons for this one, Suiko 5 - Either Ceras Lake Ruins or Astwal Mountains.

Least Fave Dungeon - Suiko 1 - Neclords Castle, Suiko 2 - Two River Sewers, Suiko 3 - can't think of any, Suiko 4 - ditto, Suiko 5 - Twilight Forest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: