Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Taking religon with a grain of salt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's nothing wrong with it, I suppose. In fact, I think many (if not all) religions promotes everyone to lead that kind of life. I can't even think of one religion who wants its members to commit crimes and live a sad life.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
the other part, is a newfangled spiritual belife that has saturatued parts of the internet. to explane "there are people who belive that plot elemets in the Matrix films are true, like how people look for a biblical messia now, these "zionists" are following "Neo's" lead (I quote Neo because the man who says he is neo is a sham but the general idea of these people taking the whole salt shaker, well belive this)

its more of 'wonky spirtuality' than true-blue religion. But they defend belifes much. The Jedi's of (where were they again? the UK or Australia?) are differnt. They aren't emo'ing in blogs because mommy and daddy want to throw them into the nuthouse when they came out as being a character from the Matrix films.

I may be misinterpretting you so disregard this if I'm not addressing your complaint. If you are asking why people who profess "Jedi" or movie based doctrines get laughed at or dismissed and traditional religions don't here's why. People who profess Jedi are acknowledging somethinga s truth that is admittedly fiction by it's creator, as is the case with other movie faiths as well. While Jedi may have some good morals and nice codes to live by, they are the product of a man who says they are fiction or adaptation of exiting faiths, not the basis for a new independent faith. That's why people don't acknowledge them.

"Hitler in Heaven?"
According to my faith if Hitler were too choose to accept the gift of salvation from Jesus, than on his death bed he could be rid of all the sins that burden him and be admitted to heaven. In my faith, God wants all of his creations with him, not burning in hell. He wants them to choose to be with him and so we get freewill. If Hitler were to accept Christ and dwell with God, you can bet he wouldn't be able to seperate himself from God and wouldn't be the same sinful man as people on earth remember him as. No sin is too great for Jesus not to forgive. Some sects don't acknowledge Suicide since you die before you get to repent, but to me, anyone who would commit suicide couldn't have known what Jesus really felt like. Jesus is a source of joy and a joyous person doesn't commit suicide, generally speaking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fortunately, I'm fairly sure that Hitler was autotheistic (self-worshipping) to his dying breath. But then what about "Ghandi in Hell?"

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When it comes to Hitler, I can't get the movie Little Nicky out of my head... :*laugh*:

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I remember correctly (well not in my own past, because I am not that old), then Hitler did at least not want to believe in Jesus. personally. I think he used the whole "story" to control the Germans on another level and although he used the christmas story, as example, for his propaganda, he never really liked the idea of a jew (call him god's son as often as you like), whose birthday is celebrated each year...

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: