Suikoden Urgent and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Canonical Ending? *ending spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally i think the ending where the prince stays would become canonical. Here is my line of reasoning:

1) If you were the prince would you actual just leave you sister after just fighting a war to free her?

2) Suikoden 1 and 2 did have the tenkai go wandering after the war BUT tenkai 3 and 4 did not go wandering. Tenkai 3 even maintained a position of power after the war so this more or less invalidates the whole "its tradition for tenkai to wander" argument.

3) It was "slightly" harder to get this ending and its "usually" the harder ending that is canonical
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the Lym ending would become the canonical ending as well for the following reasons:

- Usually, the canonical ending is the ending which is harder to obtain. The Georg ending is always available but the Lym ending can only be activated if you chose the "right" choices leading to the ending.

- By choosing the "right" choices, you build the prince's personality to that of a kind, loving brother to Lym. The Lym ending would perfectly reflect his personality of being a compassionate and kind brother to Lym by helping her rebuild Falena.

- The canonical endings usually are "happy" endings. The Lym ending is the happiest ending you can get.

By the way, all the talk about the Tenkai leaving his country after everything is done has already been discussed so I won't comment on this argument.
Kloro

Tirconaill River Scouts

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lazlo stays in the Island Nations and does odd jobs for Lino - that's how he pops up in Suikoden Tactics. He doesn't, as far as I can see, ever permanently leave.

(Shame he didn't pop up in Chisato's puppet show, though.)
Vzar Méir

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The novel's here now, isn't it ? So, is there anyone who already read it ? Perhaps we need someone to definitively close this topic ^^ (and I want the answer too !)

If not, don't blame me for the "upping" (?). That's curiosity. Suikoden fan's curiosity~

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From my understanding of Babelfish's translation of the reviews of <a href="http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4840236542/">Volume 2 at amazon.co.jp</a>, only 2 of 3 volumes are out. Volume 2 only goes up to Sialeed's betrayal/Lyon's injury.

Of course, as with all conclusions drawn from automatic translation, this could easily be wrong :)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer the ending where the Prince stays as Commander of the Queens Knights - mainly because his costume just looked fantastic.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: