Suikoden United and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Download Posting.php

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Download Posting.php Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is not really a problem that has come up often, though I am curious as to what it's about. It's only happened twice, once when I posted my long NaNoWriMo Prelude, and then again recently for a short post within a Kooluk area.

Anyhow, on these occasions it took a very long time for the posts to go through (they did not time-out though) but eventually I was prompted with a download, which incidentally was the Posting.php script.

Quote:
Opening posting.php

(icon) posting.php
------ which is a: PHP Script

(Insert Regular Download Prompts Here.)

Any idea why this script would prompt itself for download? When I refreshed the topic the posts were there though, but it's still strange that I got offered the chance to download said script. Any ideas Vector?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Idea. What browser do you use? Also, if you did download the script, were you able to see any of the content?
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's only happened within Firefox; but then again I seldom use any other type anymore. It could be a result of a glitch within the new 2.0 Version of the browser, but then again everyone usually likes to blame I.E for most browser glitches. Can't put everything to Bill though. :wink: No harm no fowl, but should it happen again I'll actually download it and see what happens. No biggie, but interesting nonetheless. I'll get back to you.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This problem occurs when the web server doesn't send the mimetype "application/x-httpd-php" and more than likely sends an incorrect mimetype. This makes Firefox download it since the mimetype is incorrect.

The cause of this could be Yahoo's web server, or the script itself setting an incorrect header. I doubt it's the later.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, if it's the latter, we should be seeing this more often. It probably has to do with yahoo's strange firewall or whatever. This isn't a problem for suikox per se, because even if you can download the posting.php, all you'll get would be the html readout, and not the script itself.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm having difficulties as well now with this. when I clicked to download it, it just opened a blank page on dreamweaver so don't worry about it even releasting readout..

I also use firefox.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had some problems where the posting.php page bombed out or something once I made a post.

I was making a fairly long post which after the posting.php page was loading for quite some time decided it couldn't find the server, I hit the refresh button to find out that it had in fact triple posted itself whilst giving me no potch. I deleted the two duplicate posts and ended up with the same potch I started with prior to making the post.

This isn't a complaint, it just an observation that the potch calculation page sometimes loses track of where it is and breaks with very long posts which gives this error.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's caused by the server being unable to handle the load, so there's nothing I can do, other than finding a new host that can handle the load. Maybe that would happen sometime soon, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: