Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Oboro...(Possible spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

melange wrote:
Oboro is really annoying in it seems up to now noone really knows the foolproof way to get him to join. My only advice is that during the investigation always choose the 'good' choices; those that sound like you believe his methods, are serious at investigating and are able to think a few steps ahead.

That very well may be a possibility. During the investigation, I picked the choice saying that it was strange he employed mice. If that's seriously the reason why he's not joining I would really like to tell him where he can put those business cards.

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only been able to ask him twice and I'm now in Sable. I hope, hope, hope I can get him. I'll be so frustrated, otherwise. :(

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recruited him real early by helping his sidekikcs do their investigation on Barow.
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You all people could get him in the 5 time you talk to him, but I couldn't get this guy even though I talk to him about 90 times already, oh Crap!
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do believe it's in the 5 times where you talk to him and have the option to ask him to join you. :mrgreen:

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ubertronmanguy wrote:
I stumbled across Norden in the inn and just hung around and got him to join with no problem. So if you dont have Oboro in your group when you go to Doraat what happen when you have the fight to try and liberate does Oboro still help

yepp..he will be helping in doraat even if you don't have him.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I asked him to join me tons of times... now he's gone from my game :(

Ah well, New Game Plus~

Didn't get all the stars the first time in Suikoden I and II either.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to my walkthrough which i begrudgingly cracked open to find out about this guy, it says his response to 'joining' you is random, and that the best time to recruit him is just after you recruit Norden from Lordlake. I made the mistake of asking him before that and his question didn't reset after I got Norden and then even when I asked him after every game event past that he never said yes... then at the Doraat event he disappears and is never recruitable again.

So if ( as the guide says ) this is truly random, and people have got him to join while he's still at Rainwall? ... is it possible to save your game then ask, reset and try again till he accepts?

I'm certainly going to try it this time because it messes up so many characters in the end :(

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
I can't exactly remember how I missed the sidequest. In my second playthrough, the choices seemed pretty obvious that it was a recruiting event, so I have no idea how I could have missed that. Strange.

Choices? In Rainwall, he says, "Just leave everything to us." I had no idea there was a possibility to investigate on my own. So, on my first playthrough, I just advanced the plot and thought he would join automatically. It's very easy to miss Norden at the Inn, and it's only after that that Sagiri and Shigure show up, clueing the player in that there's something going on.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To get Oboro you must help him with his detective work in finding out the truth behind Lordlake's uprising. As you go along you will have numerous choices you will have to make. When this happens you should always pick the choice that allows you to stick with him during the rest of the search. After all of this you should be dropped off at Raftfleet. From here you continue with the main story until you ditch the Barows Family and Raftfleet moving to the next location (near Lordlake). From here Oboro's Boat should be docked here (near where Gavaya is standing). Enter the boat and observe the scene with Dolph. After this you will be outside and Oboro should be there. When you get the option ask him to join and hopefully he will join. Take note that Fuyo and Shigure will also join. However Sagiri will still hang out with you but will not officially be recruited into the Stars Of Destiny until you recruit Nakula a little bit later on in the game.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends on how long you stick with Oboro during the Norden/Lordlake scene. Each choice counts as one time LESS you have to ask Oboro to join him.

So if you agree to tag along with the quest but then go home at the next chance, you only have to ask him 4 times.

If that makes sense...I might not be explaining this very well.

Also, I think I might just say that Sagiri's story is so sad.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh! I hate Oboro >.>
Now it means that I can't complete the stars of destiny! :x
I think I talked to him several times in Rainwall and now I'm still trying to recruit him (after the Beaver Lodge incident). I also did saw the event between him and Dolph but I can't quite recall if I did something about him and Norden in Rainwall.
Hmmm...... :|

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: