Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

HQ Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: HQ Music Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the things I didn't like about Suikoden V was the HQ music. For a place that you are going to spend a large portion of your time, the castle should have been better.

However I definitely concede that it did "fit" the castle very well, but as an enjoyable piece, it can't compare to the HQ music in 1 or 2.

What is your opinion?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if it "fits" then I don't see a problem, it's not like any of the HQ tracks in all previous games are just fantastic. I'd say the tracks from III and IV HQs are both pretty lazy and not as good as castle of dawn, but none of these tracks are a beating so I find them all to be enjoyable to listen even when not playing the game, just cause they are solid tracks that are recognizable to remind me of the good times in the game.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The main reason why i got the DoReMi elves, so at least for the screen theyre in the music changes until you exit that screen. Would be better if they had of expanded on that to allow you change the backing music but what are ya gonna do. It fit the castle fine, and there was always the softer music on the top floor for a welcome change, so it wasnt as if the music was that repetative when you think about it.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never really noticed the music for the HQ scenes in any of the Suikoden games. I may have to check some of my earlier saves for I-V and listen to the HQ music.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that music was terrible. No castle music had annoyed me as much. It wasn't backgroundy enough (if that makes sense). It was trying to attract my attention too much. I don't want music destracting me and making me forget to equip my flowing rune and ultimately making me loose a boss battle.

I wish that the DoReMi elves would change the music in the entire castle. I could listen to the Suikoden IV battle theme remix forever.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
I thought that music was terrible. No castle music had annoyed me as much. It wasn't backgroundy enough (if that makes sense). It was trying to attract my attention too much. I don't want music destracting me and making me forget to equip my flowing rune and ultimately making me loose a boss battle.

I wish that the DoReMi elves would change the music in the entire castle. I could listen to the Suikoden IV battle theme remix forever.

Indeed i was disappointed that they didnt after all the aimless wandering around you did to get some of them, but considering haud Village had imo the most 'i want to stab the composer who made it numerous times' theme the HQ theme was much better then that garbage.

I was actually more annoyed at S1s HQ theme since itd just keep constantly repeating in its upbeat tempo.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
The main reason why i got the DoReMi elves, so at least for the screen theyre in the music changes until you exit that screen. Would be better if they had of expanded on that to allow you change the backing music but what are ya gonna do. It fit the castle fine, and there was always the softer music on the top floor for a welcome change, so it wasnt as if the music was that repetative when you think about it.

I would've wanted that, that would've made staing in the HQ a thousand times better.

The music was good, for like the first twelve hours with the HQ . . . . . . then you get tired of it.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The HQ music really did grate on my ears after a while, but that's why the television gods invented mute buttons.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the HQ Music on Suikoden 5 isn't that bad (at least its not the music from Haud Village), but do you notice that the music has a slight change everytime the Castle expands so you actually get to hear somthing different every now and again. If you still don't like the music you can always momentarily change it through talking to Cornelio and picking a song from there, before exiting the screen and listening to the same HQ theme again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: