Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it finally time to have more than one True Rune?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some True Runes that would be worth expanding on would be the Beast Rune and Sovereign Rune.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Sindar Tenkai would be quite nice, but that sems to be beside the point.

In my opinion, the number of True Runes isn't quite directly related to how much I enjoy the game. I do find them quite interesting, but they don't make the game like gameplay mechanics and story do.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Sindar Tenkai would really kick ass. The story could solve the big puzzle that we try to solve since suiko 2..but i also think that there won't be one in the next game..
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg wrote:

The Sindar Tenkai would really kick ass. The story could solve the big puzzle that we try to solve since suiko 2..but i also think that there won't be one in the next game..

I agree that having a Sindar Tenkai would really make for an interesting story, especially since there's so much we don't know about the Sindar people. It would also set things up for the Rune of Change to appear. I know I would be really excited to have a Suikoden game where we get to explore more thoroughly the Sindar civilization.

Masa wrote:

Some True Runes that would be worth expanding on would be the Beast Rune and Sovereign Rune.

Yeah, I would love to see what happened to those two runes after the events of Suikoden I and II. I guess they could also feature them in the events before the games in which they appeared, but right now I want the story to move towards the present. Sure, it's been great to see the Suikoden world in the past with Suikoden IV and V, but I think it's finally time for the series to move forward. They could do something to follow up the events in Suikoden III, or they could do something in one of the new nations presented in Suikoden V, like New Armes. However, I'd really love for them to go into the "present". I want to see some of the characters from Suikoden III make an appereance of some sort, ya know.

Well, that was my off-topic post of the day! :mrgreen:
Outlander2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: More than one true rune Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 3 had five true runes, all of them are elemental based true runes:

True Earth
True Fire
True Water
True Lightning
True Wind

Suikoden 5 had three true runes, all of them based on the phases of the day. They are Dawn, Sun, and Twilight.

In other words, some Suikodens had more than one true rune involve.

I hope Suikoden VI will have more than one true rune or rune sets.

Representing Kamaro and the Northern Outlands.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Suikoden V spoilers yet thanks :)
and don't forget, Suikoden IV also got the RoP and Soul Eater as well...
yes, Suikoden 3 had 5 of'em which is cool... :mrgreen:
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dawn and Twilight aren't actually True Runes, I believe.

If you would read the first post in this thread, they were actually talking about Suikoden IV and V's sole True Rune involved in the story. Suikoden IV's Soul Eater isn't really a part of the storyline.

Back to the topic, if they'll be involving more True Runes, fine. Only that we're going closer and closer to the discovery of all 27 True Runes, so more new True Runes, I'm afraid there'll be lesser Suikoden games to play.

Now, if they're going to involved previously revealed True Runes who weren't involved too much with the story, then that would be great. Getting the chance to know what they do at a closer perspective is nice.

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because they're running out of unamed runes doesn't mean less games. They could go on and on with different rune bearers and such.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, but I NEVER liked this idea.

I always want games that have one of its kind things - and for Suikoden, it's True Runes. I wasn't interested much in Suikoden III because of the fact that i could have up to four True RUne bearers in my party. Which, when I actually tried, was overpowered.

Suikoden IV, V, I and II all had one major True Rune - The Soul Eater never really affected the entire story, as it only gave you nostalgia and another character. II and I may have had the Star Dragon Sword, but that didn't really change the outcome of the wars in the game, did it? V, well V only has one. And I liked it that way.

ADAM wrote:
Just because they're running out of unamed runes doesn't mean less games. They could go on and on with different rune bearers and such.

If they would introduce a different aspect, or a different side of the Rune, maybe I would buy it. But if they just bring it back, then no.

I really don't like repetition, especially on True Runes - which is why I never got Tir in Suikoden II. And that's also the other reason why I didn't like Soul Eater in 4 that much.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no problem with only one True Rune being revealed in a game. Granted, Suikoden 1 had five True Runes in the Soul Eater, Dragon, Gate, Sovereign and Night. Suikoden 2 had six shown in the game, Black Sword, Bright Shield, Night, Moon, Soul Eater, and the Beast Rune. Suikoden 3 had the five elemental Runes of Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, and Lightning. Suikoden 4 just had the two runes, Soul Eater and Punishment. I'll leave Suikoden 5 out of the discussion.

Yes, not all of those Runes played a major role in the games, but they were there and you at least got to see some effect of their powers, which is why I left out the Eight-Fold Rune since we don't really ever get to see what it can do, we just know that Yuber has it. And with the exception of Suikoden 3, there really was just one featured Rune in each of the games. So, if the thread is about wanting more than one featured rune in the games, then I'm against that. Suikoden 3 was too watered down with the Runes, and quite frankly those runes weren't anything special to begin with. Just slightly upgraded versions of the more powerful elemental runes we get in every game. I'd like for there to be just one featured rune in the games, not because I'm afraid of running out of Suikodens if all 27 get revealed, but because it just seems like you can't really grow an attachment to a rune if there's a plethora to choose from.

~Uguu!~
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III having all five elemental True Runes at once made sense. But outside of that, I see no reason for that to happen again.

I like the approach of the last two games. One primary True Rune, but the inclusion of another True Rune (or ocassionaly mention of a specific, previously revealed one). In that sense I would like Suikoden VI's main Rune to be a new one, but the inclusion of a past True Rune that we don't know much about would be a welcome addition, so long as it isn't focal to the plot.

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ADAM wrote:

Ofcourse they can do that. However, be prepared to hear complaints of them being "overused."

Trust me, gamers tend to complain a lot, be it constructive or destructive.

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What exacly are you talking about TC? IF you are talking about the story then in the stories of the games at least one true rune was important to the story more or less.
1- Soul Eater
2- Rune of Beginning (Beast is sort of important as it is the final boss.)
3- True Fire* (True Wind the reason Luc does all that he does in 3.)
4- Punishment
5- Sun

* the True Fire Rune to me feels like it takes precedence over all the other true runes with the Fire Bringer legend and taking over his title. After all he was the Fire Bringer not the Water, Earth, Wind, Lighting Bringer.

If you are talking the number of runes revealed in the game then it has been declining, but maybe there only planning to make nine games if they only reveal 1 rune at a time, or maybe they going reveal three in three more game, or 5 in this one and 4 in a next, or the one noone wants and they reveal all nine in just one game and end it in the next. Remeber that the true runes revealed in each individual game is not always important to that game's story.

I don't really care about the number of runes revealed any of the games. As long as they continue to deliver good story that is that matters to me.

If any one wants to know here is a list of true that are revealed in each game
1- Sovereign, Life and Death, Gate, Dragon, Bluemoon, and Night.
2- Beginning, Circle, Beast, and perhaps True Earth since Sasarai says he has a true rune.
3- Fire, Earth, Lightning, Water, Wind, and Eight-Devil*.
4- Punishment
5- Sun
I don't remember which Suikoden revealed that Yuber had a true rune other than 3 since you can use him. Also I don't which Suikoden revealed that Sindar leader had the Rune of Change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: