Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lucretia and True Runes *spoilers*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Lucretia and True Runes *spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucretia mentions to the Prince (once Sol Falena is regained) that she once witnessed the power of a true rune unleashed; she was very little, three years or so, but couldn't forget the horror. And that's why she cannot completely trust the Prince, since she is afraid of the power of runes.

Lucretia is 31 around Suiko V - it's very likely that the accident she is referring to the True Fire rune used by the Flame Champion in 421. She must have been among the few karaya survivors.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it is.

I'm not sure if it's been officially confirmed anywhere, but that's the best possible True Rune she has witnessed.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio wrote:
Lucretia is 31 around Suiko V - it's very likely that the accident she is referring to the True Fire rune used by the Flame Champion in 421. She must have been among the few karaya survivors.

She was born in the Grassland (probably in Karaya Village), and witnessed the explosion of the True Fire rune during the First Fire Bringer war. She was brought up in Harmonia where she presumably recieved her training to become a strategist.

Gremio wrote:

I think it's stated that the explosion only occured on the battlefield, and didn't directly hurt anyone off it, mainly Grassland and Harmonian soldiers were killed in the explosion.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
She was born in the Grassland (probably in Karaya Village), and witnessed the explosion of the True Fire rune during the First Fire Bringer war. She was brought up in Harmonia where she presumably recieved her training to become a strategist.

I think it's stated that the explosion only occured on the battlefield, and didn't directly hurt anyone off it, mainly Grassland and Harmonian soldiers were killed in the explosion.

Yeah, but how can a three-year old child witness the power of the True Fire if that only extends to the battlefield? I thought many Karayan died in that occasion, not just soldiers, but villagers as well...
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio wrote:
Yeah, but how can a three-year old child witness the power of the True Fire if that only extends to the battlefield? I thought many Karayan died in that occasion, not just soldiers, but villagers as well...

Well a three year old child witnessing a massive flaming ball engulf many of her loved ones and others is going to have quite an impact on anyone of every age. I could be wrong about it just being on the battlefield, although I don't know if thats ever been confirmed or made clear.
Zachwie

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:

She was born in the Grassland (probably in Karaya Village)

I would say Karaya would be a very good possibilty based on her skin and hair color. The more I saw her in the game, the more she reminded me of a Karayan.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I would say Karaya would be a very good possibilty based on her skin and hair color. The more I saw her in the game, the more she reminded me of a Karayan.

I think it's confirmed already that Lucretia is Karayan.

About her being a three-year old child, well painful memories tend to stick right where you don't need it - in your memory. Therefore, it is possible she still remember it even if she was still a child.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the fire was said to burn for a couple days and be as bright as a Star. Could be quite hard to miss something that big and bright if you're in the same country as it.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Plus, she is obviously a smart person. I could be that she is as precouious in youth, like having her the intellectual level of a 5 year old when she was 3. In any case, she was there when FC's rune when Out of Control.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was never revealed what clan Lucretia is from or even if she is originally from the Grasslands. The only mention of the Grasslands that come bundled with Lucretia are that Marscal found her up there. It is most likely the true fire rune explosion but we can't be sure. I would be willing to bet that Lucretia is not Karayan, but if she is a Grasslander, she's probably a member of the Safir clan as we haven't seen any characters that look especially akin to her and her manner of dress is much different from any other Grasslander. That could be from being raised in Harmonia, but given the fact that she was found in the Grasslands, I'm going to guess that she was living with her own people. My guess, Lucretia is Safirian.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is official that she is from the Karaya clan. I had once asked which clan she was from on Suikosource. Here's the link if you want to see for yourselves: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6642
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Lucretia's heritage wasn't revealed in the game, but it's been revealed elsewhere, such as through Konami staff at Theirstar. These staff members (who have been authenticated) revealed that Lucretia was originally born within the Karaya Clan.

many fans in Japan also say she is from the Karaya clan, but I wasn't able find anybody referencing any source.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio wrote:
Wes wrote:

Many villagers died because many villagers were fighting, not that all the women and children would have been out there, but it might just be enough to see a large group of your village leave to fight and none of them come back. Unless it says she actually saw the explosion. Then idk may it was just that huge of an explosion.

I guess its already been proven she was Karayan, but from SIII we see just how proud the people are about being Karayan. The fact that she wasnt telling everyone that she was from Karaya might have been evidence she wasnt, but oh well.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I guess its already been proven she was Karayan, but from SIII we see just how proud the people are about being Karayan. The fact that she wasnt telling everyone that she was from Karaya might have been evidence she wasnt, but oh well.

I think a better explanation would be that she has Karayan Heritage. In truth, she is probably no mare Karayan than I am Irish. Sure, I've got Irish blood in me, but I was raised in America. Lucretia has Karayan blood in her, but she was raised in Harmonia. Thus, she would share little with Karayan customs and traditions. I wouldn't be surprised if she considers herself to be Harmonian, even though she is of Karayan descent.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: