Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Does anyone else want to load save data?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to load save data to VI?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 29 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since it is a change in platform i am doubtful that there will be any sort of data transfer, however given the size of the new Blue-ray discs they could easily add Suikoden 3 to the game disc for 6. This way they can release Suikoden 3 in the PAL regions and be able to carry on the story past that also making use of a data transfer that way.

Or they just wont, and it will be another prequel.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do want to have a load save date, but only if it actually means something decent rather just than for something that isn't really important. Having a recipe in Suikoden II or theater scripts in Suikoden III wouldn't be something that is important enough to me as such thing could simply be implemented into the game without the save data anyways.

However, what I want to see is appearance of a returning character (or more) from the previous game and hopefullly a sidequest (or more). It'd be even better if the returning character(s) can somehow be inserted into the main storyline too. But of course this would mean reasonable timeline and geographical connection between the games.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see data transfer in Suikoden VI. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, since there are devices to transfer save data from memory cards. Even without them, you can just play the game on the PS3.

Data transfer adds an extra level of nostalgia to each game. One of the things I enjoy about Suikoden is it's nostalgia values, so I'll be disappointed if it's not in Suikoden VI.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see it happen, but I'm not sure there will be an official way to have saves transferred from a PS2 card to a PS3 card. I'm sure there will be some ways around it, such as USB sticks, or other such methods, however I'm not sure Konami would invest the time needed to put data transfer in.

Unless this game is a direct sequel like Suikoden 2 was to Suikoden 1 or directly related like Suikoden IV and Rhapsodia, I don't really mind if there is a transfer or not. Sure, I would like to see it, but I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't present. It would probably be tacked on in this case to simply appease fans. It wouldn't actually add to the story in most other cases.

With that said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There actually will be a way. Sony is marketing a memory card adapter, so that you can save your PS1/PS2 data directly onto the PS3. From what I've read, the suggested retail of the adapter is $20.

Anyways, Sony's Official FAQ confirms this, though it doesn't list a price.

Edit: Well, this site says that its selling for the equivalent of $13 in Japan. That doesn't really mean anything other than we know it won't be too expensive. I'd say the $20 price point is a good estimate--I don't think it'd be much more than that.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure. I can't think of any reason why not. It's something really fun at previous Suikoden games which has not been in the series lately.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't want any data transfer especially. I'd rather my gaming experience didn't depend on what I've done in other games. There's always the possibility that I lose data from previous games and I'd hate to play through another game just to fully explore another one.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
I don't want any data transfer especially. I'd rather my gaming experience didn't depend on what I've done in other games. There's always the possibility that I lose data from previous games and I'd hate to play through another game just to fully explore another one.

That is true, but at the same time I like being rewarded for playing the earlier games, other then knowing what happened.
I agree it is unlikely there will be an option for data transfer, but I would like it none the less. When I beated Suikoden 1, and went on to Suikoden 2, I was thrilled to play with Tir. I got this same feeling when I played Suikoden Tactics, and was able to get Lazlo.
Like Black Pesmerga, I'd prefer having a playable character, or a secret character, over an item like a recipe or script.
As much as I would like the data transfer, I can live without it. There are also other ways in placing secret characters as well. Like going through the dungeon of stormfist to help out the Prince, or finding him on a ship. Or perhaps Lazlo can be recruited, by finding Snowe's sword, or something. So there are other ways in getting other characters beside the 108 stars. It would just mean you'd have to go out to look for one more person, or do something relating to the previous game, inorder to get a special item.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I used to like this feature as much as anyone else, but now I don't really care for it.When I pay 40-50 dollars for a game I want the full package. I don't like the idea of any of the content having to be unlocked by having a save from the previous game. It's not a *huge* deal since A. I usually buy Suikodens as they come out anyway (except for IV and Tactics which I waited on), and B. the bonuses are mostly pretty minor, but I still don't like it on principle.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like if they didn't come with that loading feature again.

If we were in a perfect, region-free world, I'd say sure, go on - it's nice to have the extra! But since Europe was deprived of Suikoden III, I've been of the opinion that the loading data system isn't that cool.
Maybe they could develop an INTELLIGENT loading data feature that recognize saves from every version of the previous game. Like DS download play / wi-fi mode is possible with different region carts, this could be entirely possible to do.
Cuckooguy

888 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in favor of loading save data. I think the reasons why anyone would want this has been explained already.

However, for those less unfortunate and don't have the save data of the previous game(s), I think that the sidequests you would normally be able to unlock if you have save data should be automatically unlocked when you do New Game+ (if future games continue to use it). For example, let's pretend Suikoden 2 had a New Game +, and I don't have Suikoden 1 data. On my first playthrough, the McDohl sidequest will be unavailable to me, but on my second playthrough, his quest will be unlocked. Now people who have Suikoden 1 don't have to wait till their second playthrough to get McDohl, but if you don't have the data, hope is not lost.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, by all means!

I was already quite upset when you didn't get to load Suikoden IV data to Suikoden V, even though you did get to load it for Suikoden Tactics for some pretty great results. But Suikoden Tactics got me annoyed as well, since it was revealed that Kyril wouldn't age/ages slowly, so you could've gotten Lazlo and Kyril to Suikoden V. I would've been happy with just the puppet show using the hero instead of Flare and an old book with the names you gave, but no.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes and I would like an action based Suikoden game. Make it Suikogaiden 3 and you can use the first two and remake them into a action game tutorial for the game!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: