Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Azumanga Daioh

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesir

Pirates! DESU

352386 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Azumanga Daioh Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This series didn't have a thread here, so I wonder if there any other people besides me who likes this great anime. Azumanga don't have more or less whole storyline, basically it tells small stories about everyday life of six girls who are going into high school and their two teachers. All those stories are very funny and kind and characters there are very memorable (my favourite is Osaka, naturally). Azumanga is very easy to watch since you don't need to follow a deep plot, I especially like watching it after a hard day when it allows me to take a rest and boosts up my mood.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

This series didn't have a thread here

That doesnt even seem physically possible.

This is probably the funniest anime out there right now. I have (or had, I lost it) the first manga. The entire book was done in omake format (one vertical strip rather than left to right connected panels - usually used for parts of the manga that have nothign to do with the story at the end) and the one thing that resembled omake was done in standard style. Plus, the whole "Azumanga the manga" pun is quite entertaining.

The girl with ADHD is my favorite.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/Yvl9921/1155964295115.jpg

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought the bos set of Azumanga about 6 months ago and have watched about 20 times... Hehe. Its finally starting to lose something. That picture you posted was Tomo by the way Yvl. I think my fav would have to be Sakaki and Miss Yukari. Great series.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love this series. I started with the manga, then I watched the anime. I prefer the manga more... I dunno why. Just cause.

Anyway. My favourite character is, by far, Sakaki. She's just so... awesome. Like a misunderstood giant. Her love for cute things is kinda similar to mine, since I don't really talk about it much. The only thing different about her and I is that she's really into sports, and I'm not as much.

But my favourite scene, however, would have to be "Oh my gah!" or the Yukari mobile. :P

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sakaki is my second favorite. And yes, Tomo is my #1 favorite.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/Yvl9921/1155613072610.jpg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Azumanga Daioh is awesome. Definitely one of my favorite anime/manga series. I started buying the manga as soon as it came out in english (wow, has it been three years already?), and the anime is the last series where I actually bothered buying the individual volumes as they came out (these days I usually just buy box sets since they're much cheaper). Sakaki's my favorite character by far, though I like 'em all of course. My username is actually a sort of small reference to the Sakaki's New year's dream bit.

Yotsuba &!, another manga series by Kiyohiko Azuma, is also well worth checking out, though it's only up to volume 3 in english, which was released a long time ago...Who knows when ADV will get back to the series.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l271/NorthernHolmes/azu_sakaki0009.jp g

I've been thinking of starting Yotsuba, but I dunno. She looks a little too much like Chiyou...

Is the manga for sale or download?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen this series in a while. its a pretty good show. I'll have to go and get the anime again.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved this series. Just full of everyday stupid humor, right up my alley. Osaka is hands down my favorite. Who could forget this scene with her?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sanderq/chiyoshoe1ed.gif

If that didn't have you rolling, you have no appreciation of silly humor! I think it worked better as an anime than a manga, but that's purely subjective.

~Uguu!~
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raidou wrote:
Yvl wrote:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l271/NorthernHolmes/azu_sakaki0009.jp g

I've been thinking of starting Yotsuba, but I dunno. She looks a little too much like Chiyou...

Is the manga for sale or download?

Yotsuba is most delightful. I'd say even better than Azumanga, although maybe not as histerical, it's a lot more hearthwarming, which is to say a lot.

As for Yotsuba's resemblance to Chiyo, it's only physical. Her personality is a very nice mixture of Tomo and Osaka, with the added hilarity of an hyperactive 3 year old.

It's for sale in the US, Spain and Latin America, I know as much (being from Latin America, we get the Spanish version, and a friend in the states is collecting the US version.)
You _can_ download it somewhere, if you can find it, but I won't say much more.

[[OK, OK, If anything, an IsoHunt search could yield some results...]]

All the way to the edge of this world
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: