Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What if Konami decides to make Suikoden spin-off titles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there was a Suikoden MMORPG, I'd all over it.
I think it would be awesome if it was somewhat like this board. All of the nations of Suikoden basically in a free for all. Every nation has 108 players within it, so there would be different servers after one gets filled like this.

Be a Star of Destiny. That would be so awesome.

I guess I am just very loyal when it comes to certain series of games. Since playing all the Romance games, I have bought almost all of the Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdom games when they came out. Same with Suikoden, and that is basically it.

I would think that, if the series is so popular, then the spin-offs would be good quality, but I guess that is never always true. I'd pick up virtually anything Suikoden though, since I love the world of Suikoden, the history, the characters, etc.

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty much any spinoff game on Suikoden I would buy, unless its one of those genres I suck at, like singstar or DDR or a platform game or something.

What spinoff games often do though is pull in some new audience that wouldn't normally buy something of that series. Something like a cookoff game would be amusing, they'd have to make it a little more complex though.

Having some kind of wargame like 'Risk' on the Suikoden world sounds great, but they'd either have to assume a lot of things/make up nations and islands all in one pop, which may limit what they do later on with the game series. Imagine if during Suikoden 2 they revealed what the island nations looked like, then when they came to Suikoden 4 they realised they couldn't do a lot of the planned story because of the geography they'd already designed. (I was going to use Suiko V as a better example but no spoilers!)

Never know, perhaps Vector could sell his world map/game to Konami and they can make a risk game based on it.

As far as MMORPGs go, it would be fun being in the world as one person and exploring all the different areas and such, but it would turn into a WoW type affair where the story has become very fragmented and generic because they have to cater to everyone's interests. One of the strengths of Warcraft ( like Suikoden ) was its amazing underlying story, which IMO has been broken by the MMORPG genre.

As an example Blizzard have said "80% of Blood Elves and 90% of Dranei were killed" as part of an explanation of why they're only just appearing in this expansion. War casualties to this extent will be impossible to create from henceforth in WoW because they can't very well kill players perminantly for the sake of story. So if Suikoden became a MMORPG, the story would suffer, and I for one do not wish to see that.

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my Gorsh... a Suikoden expansion for Civ would be great! I'd also like to see a Suikoden MMORPG, and of course more strategy/war games woudl be good too.

Spinoffs, properly done, can be good. Of course, sometimes it's a cross between beating a dead horse and milking a dry cow. I get irritated when anything's over hyped and thus loses quality because of bean counters trying to get every last cent out of it. That's why I like the idea of fan generated content.

Now, a Suikoden pen and paper role playing game would be great... I'm having oodles of fun exploring the familliar lands with my own campaign.

My personal opinion is that it's sad when there are so many spin offs and material about any one topic that it is cheapened. It's happened with some of my favorite things and I'd hate for it to happen with Suikoden. In the end, I'd probably rather have not quite enough and still be hungry for more than have way too much and get sick of what I love.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there was to be another spin-off of the Suikoden franchise I would definitely vote for a real-time strategy/empire building game. Anyone who has played Creative Assembly's Total War, especially Medieval: Total War, understand just how well the war battles from the games could be expanded to become an entire set of games on their own. The gameplay system for the Total War series would work well within the Suikoden world.

But in the end, its seeing real-time battle with accurate unit formations battling it out on a chosen field of battle. When I say accurate I mean if you have a hundred-strong cavalry unit riding hard to try and hit the enemy in the flanks or the rear, you see a hundred individual horsemen. Same goes for every type of unit. It would make for an exciting game and also improve on the changes they made with the war battles in Suikoden V. I would be the first to pre-order a copy of Suikoden: Total War.

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
I would be the first to pre-order a copy of Suikoden: Total War.

OMG, I was just thinking the same thing. The Total War series have been a personal fave of mine, especially the latest installment. A Suikoden: Total War gamw ould not only own so much, it would be a great way to introduce the series to a bigger crowd.

Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally id love a suikoden first person fighter game. Hehe think about it HeroI versus say Hero5 or how about Jeane Versus Viki. Hehe i think my choice of wether or not id support spin off is if a) it does not totally mess with the official story(no continuity or canonical problem) and b) the quality of the game
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: