Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI for Wii?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Was'nt there someone from Konami tha said that they were looking at the graphical capabilites of the PS3 in regards to the Suikoden series? I forgot who it was that said that.

Yeah, that was back before SV even came out. Kawano was asked what she was looking forward to in the PS3 generation and she said something about graphical improvements being able to do detail with characters, like hair waving in the wind. But in an interview latter on she also expressed interest in the Wii controler.

Not only that, but the scenario writer of V said something in that interview that Suikoden gameplay is always conventional and easy to play, so anyone can play it. So that might lean toward the a traditional use of Wii controller not being out of the question.

Not that I wouldn't love Suikoden on the Wii but I have a feeling that Konami will still stem toward the PS3. They already have MGS as a probable exclusive to the system so suikoden might be close behind. I don't imagine they would switch to Xbox or Nintendo when they know most of the fans expect PS3. I think they might also lean this way since all the old suikoden games will be available on the PS3. So they might want to keep some sort of consistency.

I'm hoping the main series continues on PS3 for graphics but I wouldn't mind a side story (something like Suikoden Tactics) on Wii.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh...so...has anyone actually confirmed this statement? That site just mentions it...it doesn't give any link or source at all. And I haven't heard of any Japanese sites that mention this statement.

Any confirmation at all? Do we need to e-mail the site and ask for a source?

^Actual quote!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does really someone think it can be released for Xbox360?Because I'm a Suikoden addict like many other here and I have a 360 since Ps3 is very expensive.
Would be very cool since Microsoft made some good moves with producing good rpg's in the next time like Lost Odysseye or Trusty Bell.
I really was never interested in Ps3 I wanted a Wii or 360 but since the beginning I had the fear I could never ever play a new Suikoden game.
So I hope for a new installement for 360(or multiplatform) or a independant Suikoden game for PSP.

Would like to hear your thoughts :)
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No..that will probably never happen because:

1 - Suikoden is an RPG that has the most fans based in Japan..
2 - Not many Japanese guys have a xbox360 nor a xbox..
3 - Japan is the most important market for konami's rpgs..

so this 3 points alone would be the reasons why a suikoden game on the xbox 360 is nearly unlikely...

Also consider:

- Konami even decided to release a suikoden 3 pal version, to not release the Gaidens and the Card Game outside of japan
- Konami didn't spend really much money in the series..and the rate of suikoden's that have been sold aren't that high.. so for konami it would be a unnecessary high risk to decide to release it on xbox360..
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ Exactly.

And you can see the whole interview at suikosource.com. It's in the future of suikoden area or something like that.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man I hope for a PSP version someday :(
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, short and simple is the way of this post

1) Konami has said they are working on an RPG for Wii, this doesn't nessisarily mean Suikoden. Konami does make other games.

2) Konami has put every Suikoden to-date on Sony's Console ONLY! While there is a small probability that they may put on the Wii, they will probably make it also for PS2 (or PS3). PS2 isn't dead yet. Close, but not yet...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be getting a Wii for Christmas, and I expect it to be the best thing since sliced bread. True story: Three weeks ago two of my roommates and I waited all night in front of Zellers to be the first in line to get one of the 3 PS3's that they had. They both got theirs ($915.00), and then my roommate's credit card is declined. I just about wanted to kill someone, but I kept my cool. I plan to get a PS3 down the road eventually. There's no point in getting a system that won't have any good games for two years and it'll probably be reduced by 2/3 in price by then. That also gives me time to get an HDTV, which is high on the hit list.

I tend to agree with Harekki. If they put it on the Wii, they'll probably also make a version for Blu Ray in HD on the Playstation 3. It's also probable that unless the PS3 totally tanks in the next year, by the end of the new generation it'll have the best game library of the systems, but I don't really think that people are ready for it and the Wii will dominate the next console race, in part to its price and its unique style. I've heard so many people talking about the Wii that it's crazy, and it would be stupid for Konami not to do a Suikoden game for the system, even if it is a watered-down version of a slick, cinematic PS3 make.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harrekki wrote:
2) Konami has put every Suikoden to-date on Sony's Console ONLY!

Not really. Suikoden I: PlayStation, Sega Saturn, PC. Suikoden Card Stories: GBA (exclusively). Suikoden VI could very well be on PS3, but we don't know that yet. It could also be on the Wii.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
Harrekki wrote:
2) Konami has put every Suikoden to-date on Sony's Console ONLY!

Not really. Suikoden I: PlayStation, Sega Saturn, PC. Suikoden Card Stories: GBA (exclusively). Suikoden VI could very well be on PS3, but we don't know that yet. It could also be on the Wii.

Exactly, Konami have shown that Suikoden is not a Sony exclusive, and that the possibility of other consoles, the consensus being the Wii, could possibly happen.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question, is there an exclusivity deal between sony and konami when it comes to the suikoden main series?
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think so. Konami released Suikoden I outside of Sony, as was stated above. Plus the fact that Konami released Suikoden I in the PS first before releasing it into another console makes me think there is no "exclusivity deal" between Sony and Konami.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune hunter wrote:
Question, is there an exclusivity deal between sony and konami when it comes to the suikoden main series?

No, Sony wouldn't waste money like that on a series that doesn't earn that great a deal of money. Besides, its pretty safe for Sony so far, all the main Suikodens have been on their consoles. Microsoft and Nintendo aren't exactly fighting over rights for Suikoden, so I doubt it will even move.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BTW, there won't be another PS2 Suikoden. One of the developers said as much in an interview. S5 was the last PS2 Suikoden.

^Actual quote!
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be wise to keep the Suikoden series on its original platform because as was said above, it alienates the true veterans. Granted I know Suikoden I was released on Saturn as well, however those Saturn fans never saw the light of Suikoden II, so really those true fans must have played Suikoden II as well which was PS1 exclusive.

The series decided to stick with Sony Playstation since and changing it to another platform would disclude those fans who are loyal to Sony products. I am one of those I have to admit I am a tad biased honestly, I don't bother looking at another other system other then Playstation and most other Suikoden fans feel the exact same way.

Now however I wouldn't mind seeing a different Suikoden title on Wii, but definitely NOT Suikoden VI. Possibly like a Gaiden or similiar to Rhapsodia, but a sequel should always remain true to where it was originated from. 8-)

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: