Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

hack// g.u. rebirth
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: hack// g.u. rebirth Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the new hack game is really alot better then the last ones new battle with the skill trigger to use art skills when fill up meter to use it on two to four diffrent skills or the awakening skills beast and demon makes the game better and if you uses your skill trigger when your enemies use theres you can counterattack them before they hit you. and the storyis not bad little boring in the start as then show how haseo gets pk and he gets save by someone and then they jump up to 8 months later and you are now a pkking the pks in the game other then that the games been great so far have not seen any glitchs if anyone finds any let me know or if you have anything say or talk about the game post it. going back to playing it now. just gotto use my avatar in battle takes awhile to get know now to use it right same with date drain you have to time it right to drain there date on them in a set amounded time limit. but once you get used to it its pretty easy to use it .
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whoa...huge blurb---hard....to....read.....

Unfortunately I have to practically rush through .hack//GU whenever I get a chance to play it otherwise I never get through the story but I like it alot!

One thing that bugs me a bit is that once you're high enough to participate in the tournament you can't check how strong your opponent is before 'registering' for it =\ so I've gone in there one too many times waayyyy undertrained--and you'd think that the dungeons that the story offers you to go to were anywhere close to their levels in the tournament but NOPE

anyway...trying to not get into much plotline details...here's a sum up of me comparing .hack//GU with some of the original .hack game features (that I originally posted in my personal blog but well...I'm sharing it all with you =3 )

there shouldn't be any spoiler in it:

Quote:
The battle system I feel is big change for the better. It's more "real-time" battling then what it was like in the original .hacks (there's more of button mashing) and when you want to make a combo move (the game calls it a rengeki attack I think) All you have to do is push R1--or rather how they call it the "skill trigger" button.
At that point the battle freezes and the screen has four buttons come up--
pre-battle you are allowed to assign 4 skills to the four buttons so when you want to use em in battle just push the trigger and a button and tada!

After using the skill trigger for a little while afterwards you are not allowed to use the skill trigger again(nor hit the triangle button--which brings up your inventory of items). There will be a small icon above your head(during battle) that tells you when or when you can't use the skill trigger/items

Along with the change in battle system is how battles are started. Remember how in the original games to trigger battles you usually have to approach a 'portal' which then either monsters or treasure boxes appear? Well in .hack//gu there are no more 'monster' portals...instead the monsters are already on a field and what I notice is that they go together in threes and usually circle a single point on the map--this allows you the ability to 'sneak up' on them (when they aren't looking in your direction) OR you can sneak past them and avoid battle completely.

oh? you ask what about treasure chests? They are also already on the field--are are usually being guarded/circled by monsters.
--well...anything else related to the battle system/field changes you'll have to see for yourself.

Oh and one more thing-yes you can rescue people who are in the middle of a...shall we say "PK battle" What happens is while travelling on a field/dungeon there is an enclosed glowy area and if you go up and touch it you enter battle against players(aka PKers) and fighting is basically the same as monsters except they can use skills etc.

This is also (I assume--since I only managed to enter one "PK battle" when I played first full day) similar to arena battles except in arena battles if you beat the oppossing team's leader you win the battle. If you-the leader die well...they win.

OH! one more thing relating to battles...the party system is slightly different. In the first games when you were fighting monsters you could go into your menus in the middle of battle and order your party members to heal certain other members or cast certain spells at whatever monster right?
As far as I can tell-that "feature" has been taken out entirely

Instead-before battle you set your individual party members strategies-whether it's to focus on healing the other party members, or focus on using skill triggers during battle etc. It may sound like it's a worse party command system but your party member's AI are much more amped up (in my opinion) compared to the previous .hack games [[ hahahaha! They even fight better than me I have to admit ]] and I haven't had any serious problems with it

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished vol1 yesterday and I had alot more fun with it than the other 4.hack games. The battle system is of course much better and fun. I like button mashing so it's right up my alley. :D

Plot is also good and the characters are more fleshed out. Voice acting is okay, there's alot of it (even in the Quests) and for the most part the actors fit. But I hate Atoli's voice.

Overal a big improvement.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i seriously just can't wait to play this game. i just have to wait to get a ps2 back so i can. but if your all saying that it's much better than the previous 4 .hack games, i deffinetly can't wait to play it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
little fish

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nor can i but there isnt one in the shops nere my damn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty much compulsory to know the story of the anime this game is based off to catch quite a bit of inside jokes, the apparition of some characters, and such; right?
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

right now i am trying to do the bounty hunter quest the guys on the black list are real hard to beat i got killed four times by greedy cervantes . i level up to 38 before i finally beat him. i hope the nexts guys are not as hard to kill as him. i just won the right to challenge the emperor in the arena battles real fun to play and you got to guess when it's right to use your skill button or they counter it on you and you have to make sure your stats are just above there stats by one or two to have a chances to win in the arena fights. the cut seens kind of make alittle more longer fights then they really are making you wait longer to win or lose them. making the game more fun then the old hack games.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you guys don't start speaking english soon, I will hurt something.

Possibly a small, furry creature.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
If you guys don't start speaking english soon, I will hurt something.

Possibly a small, furry creature.

they must be speaking good english cause i can understand this thread fine.

Quote:
It's pretty much compulsory to know the story of the anime this game is based off to catch quite a bit of inside jokes, the apparition of some characters, and such; right?

i believe the story takes place after the anime series, which is odd cause the anime series isn't in the us yet and we already have the game. plus there are characters in the game that arn't in the anime.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugggghhhhh... new .hack, Suikoden V, new .hack, Suikoden V...

Quote:

the new hack game is really alot better then the last ones

You know what, if that's true, screw Suikoden V for now. .hack, especially part 3 and 4, were among my favorite battle systems ever. Not to mention I really want to use Evil Kite as my avatar at this site or another.

Hooray for November Birthdays!!! :twisted:

The Crimson Flames of Highland

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The story does indeed take place after the anime, with the exception of the prologue, which happens before. Not wanting to spoil people on either the anime or the game, I'll just say this: Certain characters are back, others are gone for good. In some cases, they seem to vanish completely with just a single sentence -_-. As for the ones that are back, well, no biggy, it's pretty easy to figure out what's up withe them...

Seeing the anime isn't necessary, though it does help. And it's a good one anyway. And with the miracle of youtube, easily accessible.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

glen wrote:
right now i am trying to do the bounty hunter quest the guys on the black list are real hard to beat i got killed four times by greedy cervantes . i level up to 38 before i finally beat him. i hope the nexts guys are not as hard to kill as him. i just won the right to challenge the emperor in the arena battles real fun to play and you got to guess when it's right to use your skill button or they counter it on you and you have to make sure your stats are just above there stats by one or two to have a chances to win in the arena fights. the cut seens kind of make alittle more longer fights then they really are making you wait longer to win or lose them. making the game more fun then the old hack games.
Yeah! Greedy Cervantes is a pain! I had my first game over thanks to him D=

Luckily I only ran into him twice....the second time I had Kuhn and Pai with me and for some reason he felt dumber...well maybe for one he didn't attack them at all (oh GEEE THANKS) and maybe the second reason is I tried keeping him in the air hahaha-call it cheap if you want

I'm around there too...I haven't had the time to stay leveled up much higher than my opponents though (how can you when you can't check their levels before registering???) so I'm gonna power-level a bunch before registering this time

----------
In some ways watching the anime before you play does give you some insight in a bit of Haseo's backgrounds and interactions he had in the time between him starting the game and where we get control of him --which the game doesn't exatly "show you"
(meatball guild anyone? ) but the stuff in the anime isn't that important (until maybe after vol-1...according to some spoiler things from vol2 I've accidentally seen....)

In the end... hack//roots is more or less treated like...hmm...the stuff on the terminal disk. Nice and interesting to know-but not necessarily needed to play

Last edited by Ikano on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusanji wrote:
And with the miracle of youtube, easily accessible.

only bad thing is that they don't have all the episodes on it.

Quote:
Hooray for November Birthdays!!!

ahmen to that, although i doubt if i asked for a game for my b-day i doubt i would get one excpet from prolly my dad. but since i'll be 22 next week and i have a job i rather not ask them to buy me a game.

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, thanks guys! I'm not really an anime watcher so I'll wait a bit for this one; eventually I'll read some anime plot analysis from someone and catch a bit of the story.

I just hate playing a game without knowing why stuff happens/happened. Kinda what occurs If you play Suikoden 2 without playing 1 first, It's a great game on it's own, of course; but seeing Flik & Viktor appear if you haven't played the first one is definitely not the same as if you have.
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just got to level 50on characters and thats as high it will go? willpart 2 let you go higher in levels i hope so it kind of sucks if you can't. and trying to finish bounty hunter quest killed the second guy on the blacklist hard to find them in the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: