Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden a movie???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

suikoden a movie???
yes
66%
 66%  [ 30 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 45

Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think that Suikoden would make a good movie, and I wouldn't mind flying over to America or Japan for auditioning. I am a young actor, so to even have a small role in a movie of something I love so much would be amazing.
I think Suikoden 3 could make for a good movie, the whole Trinity Sight System could be incorporated into a Pulp Fiction Style of events.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that it could work, but whoever made the film/anime would have to work damn hard not to *bleep* off the fan base :no:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
Quote:
It might work out as an anime. Only as a series though. Like the manga from Suikoden III. I would definitely check it out.

Arc The Lad was made into an anime, and I liked it quite much.

What what what really?

Hollywood might mess it up, but it would cool to see evil bunnies in action!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As an ongoing series, it would take YEARS to finish. An averade TV season in America is either 22 or 24 episodes. Anime series in live 12 episodes a season. Even if you put poaired stars together, giving each star their own epsiode would take at least 4 years American or 8 years Japan to complete. People would lose interest. And besides, how interesting would an episode all about recruiting Chapman be?

I tried writing a screenplay for S1 years back, but it ended up with me just shoving characters into scenes just to get them in the movie! I had about 10 extra people in the elf prison because I couldn't think of any other place to put the cameos. It was just dreadful.

As much as I love the game series, I'll have to agree with the others and say that a a side story like Advent Children would be great, but a full-fledged movie or series would suck.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NO FREAKING WAY! If they try, I'll sabotoge it myself!!! There is no way they could compact 60 necessary hours into an hour and a half. People aready were turned away enough by SUikoden 4!!!

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An anime could be very possible. Making a movie would proof more difficult, it would only be succesful if it would be made on the scale and approach like Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a long anime series would be enough. Thoug most people could live with only 13-26 episode anime, there are many ambitious ones that go past 50 episodes. Those like Detective Conan, Kyou Kara Maou and Dragon Ball. Most of them are already successful and have a fan base.

The middle anime fit it's story to 7 episodes... and that should be enough for a Suikoden story. So remember that not all stars are recruited one-by-one. You cen get them as a group as well... So i think that would be enough as it is.

All KONAMI has to do is keep the story interesting and the music addicting to get people hooked and then watch it fly. That should remedy the problem... That's what i think at least.

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think anything would make a good movie anymore. I guess Suikoden wouldn't be a bad choice if you absolutely have to make a video game movie adaptation. Adaptations of video games seem to be marginally more successful to my mind than adaptations of books.

The only book adaptations in recent memory that I enjoyed, that I'm aware were adaptations were V for Vendetta and Sin City, both of which are comic book adaptations. I suppose any super hero movie is 'technically' a comic book adaptation, and I rather like the X-Men films, so perhaps those count as well? However, those are graphic novel adaptations, and not novel adaptations.

And for video games? I kind of enjoyed the Resident Evil movies, and I saw Silent Hill last night, which wasn't too bad. However, on the other side of the coin, there's movies like House of the Dead, which was a terrible movie. I'm not counting either of the Square-Enix offerings here, The Spirits Within or Advent Children because both of those were CG films which Square had a direct hand in creating.

However, assuming that the person placed in charge of the Suikoden movie project is a competent one, and one who is dedicated to producing a faithful film adaptation of the video game series, I think it could make a semi-interesting movie. I'm a little dubious as to whether it would have much of a fan following...I tend to think that the number of characters and the way the action flows in a Suikoden game would make it a bit difficult to adapt to the big screen. As long as whoever does Kyril's voice is found nowhere in the movie, I suppose I'd at least be willing to give it a chance.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Carbunc

Crimson Bricade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Movie Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A suikoden movie would be awesome. However, I don't think it would be a true suikoden movie because it would definetly not cover all 108 stars. However, I think the main theme of suikoden 2 would work out with the hero and runes etc etc. But like i've read earlier theres probably just not enough publicity for suikoden to ever work out unless they just made an awsome looking preview for the movie. An anime series would work at very nicely tho.
Juclecia

0 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is discussed on suikosource. the address thingy is http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6900. my user name there is anokosa. i started the topic!!! by the way, hiya all, cos im new.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow! suikoden movie. it would be great and i hope that after all. since Final Fantasy make a movie, why not suikoden(ffgame rival) make a movie. i dunt care about the the stories plot, as long the storyline is good.

0 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

check the link. theyd miss all of the destails. or else the film would be 20 hours long. better as an anime. they can span for days on end.
Juclecia

0 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, this topic isnt active anymore, so im goingto ask the mods, will you lock it now??
The Lone Fire

0 Potch
6 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think the movie would be toooooo long for a whole game....but a serie would do the thing a tought about it a lot ...even making some amatuer suikoden movies myself.... :D a lot :D

Ai wo Koete - Himekami ~'entering the Suiko III...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be fine if not great as an anime. Some animes last for at least seven seasons Sailor Moon comes to mind. Inuyasha has hundreds of episodes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: