Suikoden United and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sony vs. Lik-Sang
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excuse my ignorance, but why would Sony feel threatened by a website selling imported games? Like someone else said, it's not like the imports were pirated. What's the big deal?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
That is most probably because A: You're an American and you didn't feel like importing anything because you get most games anyway and B: You're not ‘into' games enough, any gamer worth he/her's salt have either used or at least heard about Lik Sang...

Yes I'm american, but I find it offensive that you can make that kind of claim just because I hadn't heard of a certain website. I don't have enough money to buy the games that ARE released here.

Quote:
Technically buying used games and lending games has also being illegal, nobody did anything though, now they may find the opportunity to do so...

That has not been and still is not the case. Lending it to someone overseas, maybe, but sales and returns are totally different things.

Quote:
That is PR poison dripping from Sony's fangs, trying to entice and stun people so they won't take their money elsewhere (well they lost me). Believe nothing that comes out of a PR mouth especially from the ever lying Sony...

Didn't you say you were going with the 360 for this round? Do you have any idea how much worse they are, and how many lies they've made? Sony's made some mistakes, but they are still angels in my eyes compared to Microsoft. Oh, the Wii's there too, I guess, but they dont seem to really care.

And by the way, Lik Sang had a response to that quote I posted. They played the pity card, for the love of god. Even if I hadn't sided with Sony on this already, I'd've blown off Lik Sang for those statements. I'm on another computer right now than I usually am, so I dont have that article on me right now.

Quote:
I wanted Suikoden I&II, Play Asia won't ship it to me and Lik Sang doesn't exists anymore, so that leaves me searching on eBay.

Yeah, that's because they're out of print. I could only get them on eBay as well. Suikoden 1 for $40, 2 for $120.

Oh, and I may sound like a sony fanboy, but really I just think that everyone is being extremely unfair to them for this round and feel like I need to stand up for them in order for things to be fair.

Quote:
I'm pulling for Wii this time around despite my fav games will most likely be on PS3. Hopefully I'll both Wii and PS3 before Christmas.

Ouch. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance, but why would Sony feel threatened by a website selling imported games? Like someone else said, it's not like the imports were pirated. What's the big deal?

There are three rational theories I've heard. One of them is that it causes the market to seem smaller for those regions, thus causing less games to be released there, another is that it has an economic impact on the companies in the countries that are trying to sell them, causing a slight damage to those national economies, and the last is on the first page here about the PS3s. There's a limited number of them, and if Lik Sang buys half the Japanese models for them, then you'll have alot of ticked off consumers right next door.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Yes I'm american, but I find it offensive that you can make that kind of claim just because I hadn't heard of a certain website. I don't have enough money to buy the games that ARE released here.

Er, it wasn't meant to be offensive but to give reasoning for your ignorance for the said site. Since especially regarding RPG's most get a release in the US, so most ‘normal' American gamers wouldn't have to seek out a site to import anything, thus not know about Lik Sang...

Quote:
That has not been and still is not the case. Lending it to someone overseas, maybe, but sales and returns are totally different things.

You should check the small print in one of the games booklets you should see what is considered ‘illegal' or not, most people are surprised when the hear this is, since trading and lending and selling your old games has been a standard for many years...

Returning games is indeed a different thing, but from what I hear, in Britain at least Returning a game because you don't like it won't apply anymore, only if there's some defect that you can prove that you didn't cause yourself...

Quote:
Didn't you say you were going with the 360 for this round? Do you have any idea how much worse they are, and how many lies they've made? Sony's made some mistakes, but they are still angels in my eyes compared to Microsoft. Oh, the Wii's there too, I guess, but they dont seem to really care.

Erm, I don't know what happens in the schoolyards but for every ‘round' I was ‘going' with my self.

I have no reason to choose sides and I frown those who do, I play games not ‘Cooperate Groupie' I'm not going to limit my gaming experience in foolishly sticking to one console...

As for Microsoft, well I don't care how bad or evil the company is regarded outside of gaming, as far as gaming is concerned Sony is the company that has treated it's consumers the worst with constant lies and faulty consoles, Nintendo used to be the big evil once, how things change...

Quote:
And by the way, Lik Sang had a response to that quote I posted. They played the pity card, for the love of god. Even if I hadn't sided with Sony on this already, I'd've blown off Lik Sang for those statements. I'm on another computer right now than I usually am, so I dont have that article on me right now.

Well, when you are trying to satisfy a certain market and the big cooperate giant steps in and bullies you out of the way for basically doing nothing wrong then what do you except them to say, still post that response when you can...

Quote:
Yeah, that's because they're out of print. I could only get them on eBay as well. Suikoden 1 for $40, 2 for $120.

I was talking about Suikoden I&II the PSP Japan only re-release?

Not Suikoden I AND II, I already have those since release...

Quote:
Oh, and I may sound like a sony fanboy, but really I just think that everyone is being extremely unfair to them for this round and feel like I need to stand up for them in order for things to be fair.

So you support a company because of other people's negative perception and not because of your own sensibilities, then... What can I say carry on...

Quote:

I believe is Yvl's theory number two, that is why the sue was from Sony Europe and not Sony as a whole...

Different Shareholders you see...

Because when people buy a Japanese console when it comes out months before the European release, they will most likely not buy it when it does get released in Europe...

That will affect sales; Sony still gets the cash, but not Sony Europe, Sony Japan...

Also due to the currency difference buying American PSP games from abroad was always cheaper, that hurt the local European Sony's pocket...
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You should check the small print in one of the games booklets you should see what is considered ‘illegal' or not, most people are surprised when the hear this is, since trading and lending and selling your old games has been a standard for many years...

There's also a law in Pennsylvania that any vehicle driving along a road must send out signal flares every X miles, and wait for any animals to cross the road. If animals dont cross, they must take apart their vehicle so the animals wont be afraid. My point is that not all laws are enforced. Ones involving money, however, usually are.

Quote:
As for Microsoft, well I don't care how bad or evil the company is regarded outside of gaming, as far as gaming is concerned Sony is the company that has treated it's consumers the worst with constant lies and faulty consoles,

It's not outside of gaming. They've slandered, or libeled if you want to be technical, both Sony and Nintendo. They were the ones who released the false info that the PS3 wouldn't be able to play used games, they taunted Nintendo saying "If we couldn't get motion sensors right, nobody can," they mocked Sony in a cruel and sarcastic way when the news came out that they couldnt have an international release, they acted like hot s*** when they got their console out a year early with defects and weaker technology, and I'm pretty sure there are some other things I'm forgetting.

Quote:
I was talking about Suikoden I&II the PSP Japan only re-release?

Oh.

Wait, they did WHAT?!

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos, Arenegeth, the shipping for me to Ireland has always been $15.99 for any game + strategy game i have bought from GameStop. I have not been stung with high shipping charges.....yet.....

Quote:
That would be a yes, especially with the PS3.

Well aint that a bitch....but seeing as the PS3 is going to be game region free why do this now???
Not to worry though i will find a way to import them.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: