Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V has been released in PAL territories!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Atari have sweet didly squat to do with the distribution of Suikoden in Aus, there is a Konami of Australia in NSW and QLD though they are prodominantly an arcade machine vendor.

Then what about this?

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the release of Suikoden V in Australia & New Zealand. It's odd how long it's taking to get there, seeing that it's been out in Europe for so long already.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
eXistence of Fly wrote:
Atari have sweet didly squat to do with the distribution of Suikoden in Aus, there is a Konami of Australia in NSW and QLD though they are prodominantly an arcade machine vendor.

Then what about this?

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the release of Suikoden V in Australia & New Zealand. It's odd how long it's taking to get there, seeing that it's been out in Europe for so long already.

What about it? Is it that strange that a company who has helped distribute Metal Gear and has an association with Konami would put up a konami product for display? The distributor for the Suikoden games in Aus has always been Konami, as they have not been released in any great amount, nor does it have the exposure to warrent a seperate company taking up the distribution.

The atari site has pretty much the same info listed as any store which is promoting selling it in Aus, that does not mean that theyre all distributors now does it. :P As for the confusion, ive been to the Atari Melbourne building, lets just say that their system of press releases what what not is sub par, other then that PALgn is really the only place where releases are reviewed constantly without fail, the alternative is then constantly asking vendors when its coming. As it stands now if it does come out on the 13th its only a week delayed fromt he revised release.

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atari holds no bearing over what Konami Australia Does.

so disappointed was I that I checked the phonebooks and vented online, and then I checked on eBay, and found a warehouse/store close enough to make a trip to. I Think they were seeing UK release, but I didn't care. I had bee told October 6th, and I had even waited the extra days and such from it's 1st delay : to be delayed again. no thanks. So I went to the store and bought it, for $5 cheaper than EB was selling it for. so now, I don't care. I'm playing it, and It's all going well.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pokey apples wrote:
Atari holds no bearing over what Konami Australia Does.

I never said that it did. However, it seems to serve as Konami's mouthpiece, so you'd think it'd have accurate release information, which it doesn't seem to.

It looks like it's not out there yet, anyway. It's very odd, seeing that the only difference will on the box and manual. There must've been a printing problem.

Well, back to playing Suikoden V for me! :P

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually box art isnt really changed from the EU version, the only thing that is is that copyright stuff, as on my Suikoden 4 copy the rating changes are just stuck on the plastic over the pegi rating.

The main changes would be the whole dvd region from 2 to 4 thing which is a goddamn pain >_<

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Actually box art isnt really changed from the EU version, the only thing that is is that copyright stuff, as on my Suikoden 4 copy the rating changes are just stuck on the plastic over the pegi rating.

Really? I heard a while ago that companies had to begin printing the Austrailan rating on boxes, rather than sticking it over the PEGI rating...

Anyway, you'll get it eventually! I can tell you, one PAL gamer to another, that it's a fantastic game. Not on a par with Suikoden II, perhaps, yet it's not far from that mark!

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has the relase date been pushed back again in Australia? GPStore here has delayed it from the 13th to the 18th, and Gamesman has gone from the 18th to the 25th (and GPStore pushed it's release after Gamesman, so it could well be delayed again). Gamestation has it still at the 13th but it's the most expensive and was slower pushing it back last time. This is so frustrating, especially since I keep getting told the release date looks reliable, just to have it incoveniently delayed. I'm going crazt over here! :evil: SnowKing is not pleased... Why on earth would you have to push the release back nearly a whole month? I really don't get it.

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems that Suikoden V, is, at last, released in Australia and New Zealand. Now, it's released across the world, so we can all enjoy it!

For me, it conflicts with my love of Suikoden II. It's just that good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: