Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI General Discussion Thread. I Guess.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOOOHH!

We all get to slam each other's faces for more time! Yes!

Anyhow, I hope it stays in the PS systems, just because.

I can't even imagine playing Suikoden VI with some remote.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here. I can't see myself using that Wiimote controller to play a Suikoden VI game. But I can see myself playing this sixth game in the series on the Xbox 360 with that near-perfect 360 wireless controller. :)

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be for the PS3. I'd say I'm 95% sure of it. There's just too much evidence pointing to it (MGS4, previous tradition, no hints of it being otherwise, etc.)

Quote:
Well, I guess suikox will exist a while longer!

Of course it will! Sorry, but you ain't going anywhere... you'll be admining this site the rest of your life!

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JUBILATIONS!!!

Kinda guessed it ever since Konami announced two unnamed RPG:s but a confirmation is always nice. I hope this will continue after Suikoden 3.

Now the years of waiting begins.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Well, I guess suikox will exist a while longer!

If it doesn't ypu'll have suifanboys tearing you apart. :no:

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoman444 wrote:
Code:
Suikoden: December 1995
Suikoden 2: December 1998        3 Years
Suikoden 3: July 2002            3 Years + 7 Months
Suikoden 4: August 2004          2 Years + 1 Month
Suikoden 5: February 2006        1 Year + 6 Months

They seem to be releasing them faster and faster, so if there is any real relation we may get this mid-2008 or so.

But if I remember correct they started with Suikoden 4 and 5 at the same time more or less so thats why they realesed them so close to each other.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
I reckon the possibilities of this coming for the ps2 are near 0, so I guess we'll be seeing it for PS3.
I don't know how konami feels about the suiko franchise and their "only for PS#" thingie.

Well, Suikoden 1 was released for the Saturn and PC, too. Suikoden Card Stories was released for GBA. Junko Kawano's Shadow of Memories (Shadow of Destiny) was released for PS2, Xbox and PC. Konami supported the Xbox with MGS2 Subsistence and Silent Hill games. I think Konami's ready to jump ship whenever it suits them.

Also, Konami has already announced 7 games for Wii, including an "untitled RPG".

Suikoden VI could easily become multiplatform, and I think that would be a good thing. More choice, and more potential players. What I find interesting about this comment is that Sakiyama didn't confirm the platform that they're developing the game for. Before, it was always among the first information... "for the PS2". But now, Konami is keeping that information secret...
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interestingly the-magicbox.com, which is usually dead on with their rumours, actually listed the Suikoden 6 announcement under "Multi". Is that some sort of bizarre hint?

Then there is the wording.

Konami's Suikoden producer Takahiro Saikymama mentioned that the development of Suikoden IV has already began, the game may have references to a* previous Suikoden game.

*emphasis mine.

References to A PREVIOUS Suikoden game, not references to other Suikoden Games but to only ONE Suikoden game. I am suspecting that this takes place after 4 (or Tactics) but before 1.

Of course, it could be the translation. Until we get the orginal text of press release, this is JUST wild speculation on my part.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This certainly is good news to hear. I'll be praying for a quick release in PAL regions after the NTSC release.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wonderful.

It is good to hear that they assigned Sakiyama for the next installment as well.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ardPSiKo wrote:
This certainly is good news to hear. I'll be praying for a quick release in PAL regions after the NTSC release.

As much as i hope your optimisim regarding PAL territories is spot on i severly doubt it, suikoden 1 was released in Europe about a year after the American release, suikoden 2 was also released about 10 months after, as we know 3 never even made it, 4 was a month after, tactics was 3 months, 5 was 6 months(about 10 in Oceania).

So if quick is half a year + then sure it can probably happen, but i wouldnt hold my breath.

But yes I would like more filling in of that time gap prior to 1, for me that would make the seris far more complete then continuing on from where 3 left off.

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Wii? Huh, not bad I guess but - Suiko series has always been sony-centered...

Personally I'd love to see Suiko VI again on PS2. Hey, at least I shouldn't have to buy another hardware :wink:
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see this game not coming out until mid-way through the 2008 season. Even if the Konami crew set to develop the game has the PS3 dev kit for months it'll still take them abit to really take advantage of what the PS3 offers. So, it's either the game comes out as soon as possible and have it turn out to be another Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics or let the developers do it right and take their time. I go for the latter.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Interestingly the-magicbox.com, which is usually dead on with their rumours, actually listed the Suikoden 6 announcement under "Multi". Is that some sort of bizarre hint?

They couldnt very well announce it for the PS3 or Wii, could they?

Quote:

References to A PREVIOUS Suikoden game, not references to other Suikoden Games but to only ONE Suikoden game. I am suspecting that this takes place after 4 (or Tactics) but before 1.

Or 5. But its more likely a mistranslation.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, time to start saving.

If I start now, maybe I'll have enough for it when it comes out. ):

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: