Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3 preorders anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you preorder the PS3?
Yep, 10/10/06 at gamestop/eb
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yeah, at some other game store
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tried, but couldn't get one
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nope, but will wait in line for it when it comes out
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
No, buying other system/s
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Saving money for other holiday stuff
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 36

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
The thing is even if people were able to get to their neighborhood Gamestop and/or EBGames store to sign-up for a pre-order, it doesn't guarantee them getting one on launch day since most store will only get 8 or so units.

Nothing is certain until the systems come out but it's said the per store average of the entire nation is 12, and there are around 4,000+ gamestop/eb stores in North America as I was told. It's also said there will be under 500k systems for the US launch but considering gamestop/eb waited til this late start taking preorders to gather info on their supplies, they must be doing so with a pretty good idea they will get at least 48k systems. That should be the lowest they'd get since their chain is maybe the only one taking official preorders and will be one of the biggest retailers at launch, so at least 10% of the total being given to gamestop/eb is pretty certain. I'm not gona get too excited til I get my hands on a system, even then I'm not sure what I would do with it, but I'd think 95% of the people who did preorder from gamestop/eb would get one at launch.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the European release is next March so i will probably pick it up a few months after that......have to renew my Car Insurance and Tax in March!!!
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

owh well... i probally gonna have to wait till end of next year. gonna start keep so money for Ps3 yeah!

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won't be buying one until halfway next year, I suppose.

All my savings have been marked "For Christmas", and that really leaves me with none. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not a chance in hell, Sony can keep their $1000 price tag on the basic system and i'll be more then happy to pick up a Wii on preorder with Twilight Princess as a free game for preorder for $400. That is currently the only console im planning to pick up as the 360 lacks anythign appealing...unless i want to burn my bedroom down.

I also get the Wii 1 day before Europe does, so i'll be damned if im not gonna savour that moment and bask in the glory of the eventual shunning to come. That and PS3 preorders havent even started here since its dated for like mid next year, but thats a moot point.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won't preorder a PS3, but I'll definitely get one. I'm not too sure as to when I'll buy one because I'm still saving money to get a PS3. Maybe I'll buy the console a year after it has been released.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The earliest I can see myself buying a PS3 will be summer 2007 or late spring 2007. It's not that there won't be games on the console I wouldn't want to play. It's just the games for the PS3 I want to play will also come out for the 360. And I'm pretty much comfortable with the 360 and Xbox Live to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to preorder one either. Like someone else said, it's not really worth it to get a new console as soon as it comes out. It's best to wait until all the good exclusives are released and mabye a price drop to get the PS3.

I'll probably just buy mine's next Christmas, by then the price should go down for by $100, and the PS3 has some games out by then.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blazing Camp wrote:

I'll probably just buy mine's next Christmas, by then the price should go down for by $100, and the PS3 has some games out by then.

You may want to save enough money to buy a PS3 next Xmas as if they haven't lowered the price. I don't think Sony will be cutting the PS3's prices after one year's time. Well, they couldn't if they wanted to lessen the amount of money they're losing for each unit sold.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are no release games that I really want to play. So I'm not going to spend $700 for a system that I'm not going to use for months. I'll wait until there are a few games that I want to play, and hopefully by that point the price will have dropped anyways.

I'm planning on buying the muuuch cheaper Wii, however gimicky the controller sounds, there are actually games that I'm excited about being released for it. Also, the 'super-backwards compatibility' is very, very appealing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it would seem that the capitalists in gamers have reared their heads once again. Ebay now has over 250 auction entries for PS3 systems and associated accessories and launch day game titles. One entry has a "Buy-It Now" price of $13,000.00. The average minimum bid price seems to be between $1300.00 to $2500.00. Supposedly, there was one PS3 put up for auction or sale with a price of $100,000.00.

Ebay PS3 listings

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
You may want to save enough money to buy a PS3 next Xmas as if they haven't lowered the price. I don't think Sony will be cutting the PS3's prices after one year's time. Well, they couldn't if they wanted to lessen the amount of money they're losing for each unit sold.

I honestly think it depends on how well the console sells. If it sells poorly, the price will be cut sooner rather than later - Sony might be losing money on the console, but they'll lose even more if less people will buy it.

And less people will buy it with the high price; less people can afford to. Sony needs some very strong killer apps if they plan on keepng it that high, because the price tag will act as a deterrent to most of Sony's target consumers - young 20-30 somethings teenagers, or the parents of children.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can someone remind me what were the PS2 launch titles? Ridge racer, fantasia?, DW2, kessen?, sports stuff... was dark cloud a launch game?

the only 2 launch games I have very remote intrest in are Untold Legends, and Resistance, maybe COD 3 but I don't recall hearing that to be confirmed for PS3 at launch and the only reason I would try that and Resistance is because they should be good show off titles. I don't plan on spending any money on buying them though, rent from blockbuster maybe.

I went to a blockbuster today that had a gamerush area, the guy in charge said there is a good chance they'd get one PS3 per gamerush store and he'd consider the fact I was first on their call list to count that as the preorder list if they do get "the one" in to let me buy it. I'm not holding out any hope for that, but if I can get it then it's gona be a real nice holiday season for me.
Lord Vader

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not pre-ordering mine, but I am going to wait in line for one. I work at Target and I plan on waiting in line to get a PS3 from there. Plus I will get 10% off my purchase for the employee discount. :)

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Vader wrote:
I'm not pre-ordering mine, but I am going to wait in line for one. I work at Target and I plan on waiting in line to get a PS3 from there. Plus I will get 10% off my purchase for the employee discount. :)

that sounds pretty sweet but don't you mean cut ahead of the line? not that I have a problem with that or anything since I'm not gona be waiting for one but I'd think you have to pull some serious strings to be confident to get one. I never really worked at a retail store of any kind before, but I would think unless you are the manager of the electronic department or have a really close connection to someone who is, it's gona be hard to convince the person in charge to basicly say "screw you" to the people waiting in line... Oh well it doesn't really effect me and I'd say if there is a chance to get a PS3 at launch for face value without wasting too much effort, one would be stupid not to, so more power to you than which ever sucker was in line, suikoden fans deserves more good stuff anyways.

I always thought it is just a waste of time to be waiting in line overnight at a launch although I never done it before. I recall there were news stories running on 360 launch night about around 200 people waiting at one major electronic store, so I imagine for anyone with half a brian to see that would cause just about every store that carry video games systems to have at least a dozen people in line before it opens. for just an average person without any connections has anyone got a system with low launch supply around a major city when waiting in line? how long did it take?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: