Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3 preorders anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you preorder the PS3?
Yep, 10/10/06 at gamestop/eb
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yeah, at some other game store
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tried, but couldn't get one
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Nope, but will wait in line for it when it comes out
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
No, buying other system/s
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Saving money for other holiday stuff
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 36

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: PS3 preorders anyone? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else ran out there early this morning to put down their $100 for a PS3 preorder at gamestop/eb?

I went to a bigger store that got more 360s than others at 8:30, but they said to only have 8 while I was 9th, almost offered some dude who said he's been in line since last night at 11 for the 4th spot and would have too except he backed out and wanted more money. Went to a smaller store and was 5th in line there, that much smaller store was taking 16, when I left at 10:35 they still had 2-3 spots, and many people who got turned down by near by stores were coming in. Paid my money but I guess I'll never be certain that I'll get one until I really do.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll maybe wait for the price dropping.. in my country ps3 price to high. even i buy it.. i maybe got a problem to get original BlueDisc ...

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that price for a preorder is ridiculous. And only 8 per store?! It's better to just wait until after christmas.

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I preordered it, I would want to be certain that I am getting it, that is for sure. Sounds like it would be pretty chaotic to preorder it today.

I have not done any research on what games are going to be released with the launch, so until I do that I won't be preordering. It is the games that make the system great.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think for those who really, really, really need to have the PS3 on Day One will either have been camping out at Gamestop for months to make sure they got on the list first, but for those who just read the newswire about GameStop's preorders will probably be hunting down every store in their area on Day One, if not Ebay. This is a worst launch than the 360. Even the GameStop near my house was able to get 75 Xbox 360 premium systems to cover the first 75 people on their preorder list on launch date.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

preordering this to me is a major no. the price of it is way to high. i'll just wait for the price of it to go down alot before i consider picking it up, or unless there's a game on it i'll have to get.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll most likely wait for the first or perhaps even the second price drop before I even consider purchasing a PS3. Of course, a new Suikoden or Phantasy Star would likely sway my decision in various directions not terribly friendly to my wallet. As it stands right now, MGS4 is the first major game of interest for me, and that's not out for over a year, so...
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, I still say it's too expensive at a whole anyway. I'm gonna spend my money on a 360 or Wii, since they're a lot better.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
Bah, I still say it's too expensive at a whole anyway. I'm gonna spend my money on a 360 or Wii, since they're a lot better.

Good man! Why buy one console when you can get two for the price of one.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought there wasn't as much hype around the PS3 to warrant a 90% nationwide sellout for preorders within an hour of the stores opening on a weekday when the cost is pretty high and the news came down late the night before.(my area was pouring down freezing rain too) there is also not one game I want to get when I pick up my system, but I guess either alot of people woke up early just to try to make some money reselling it or they really do want it that bad.

I got pretty lucky as I was all about to give up hope while sliding off the flooding road driving at 8 in the morning. Kind of feel bad for those that didn't catch a break and waited in the cold for longer than I did but got nothing to show for it, than again there were even luckier ones who walked into the store that had more supply after I freezed my ass off waiting 2 hours to pay for mine. I have no plans to sell mine if I get only one, but if there really are no good games at all, I might as well play it til a week before christmas and get rid of it expecting to get about 1k in return.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing is even if people were able to get to their neighborhood Gamestop and/or EBGames store to sign-up for a pre-order, it doesn't guarantee them getting one on launch day since most store will only get 8 or so units.

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blah! Forget PS3 for now, that wallet burning monstrosity! I'd rather buy a Wii and a bunch of games and controllers and other things. If anyone goes to YTMND, there's a neat little YTMND that talks about what you can buy for $599.

Look! It's Ridge Racer! Ridge Racerrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I'm not too enthused or the PS3 and even if I were, don't have the budget for it anyway. I'll probaby eventually get it for Suikoden and possiby other RPGs, but the console I'm most excited about and my household's getting first is probably going to be the Nintendo Wii.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD

Last edited by Sophita on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never buy consoles right when they come out, especially 600 dollar consoles.

That is way too much money out of my pocket for an original model, which tend to always have something wrong with it, and tend to not last as long as future models.

I will probably wait a year or two until the console drops down to a more manageable price, and all the kinks have been fixed.

Or whenever a Suikoden game gets on there.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Fudozukushi wrote:

Good man! Why buy one console when you can get two for the price of one.

Possibly because not all consoles are the same, otherwise that statement woud work. There's no way in hell I'm getting a 360 after all the badmouthing Microsoft did, and the Wii seems too good to be true... there has to be a catch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: