Suikoden United and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Music for Suikoden VI Speculation Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Music for Suikoden VI Speculation Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised that no one start a thread for music. One of the factors that Suikoden is a sucessful series is also because of its music. With its multi-cultural style, be it Asian, Celtic, European, etc, the music gives life to the Suikoden world.

It is pretty unfortunate that Miki Higashino had pratically left the Suikoden franchise, and a new composer took over since III. I really enjoy her work on Suikoden I & II. Period. My personal favourite is Suikoden II OST because of its consistency in its score and how it bleeds from the world. She truly puts a tremendous effort for the score.

So, what is your view on the music on Suikoden VI and the Suikoden series in general? What are your expetations? And who do you sincerely wish to become its composer?

P.S. : Haven't written lengthy post for a while now. I apologise for poor writing.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Music, eh?

I'm not really a big fan of music nor am I a good judge when it comes to music. But all I can say about the music so far is that Konami is going on the right direction. From my experiences in Suikoden V, I can truly say that I appreciated the music in that game. Sure, Konami has done a poor job in the music of Suikoden III, Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics in my opinion, but they really has done a fine job in Suikoden V's music. I even rarely make a comment about a game's music. That must show how much I liked the music in Suikoden V. Suikoden V has made me realize that Konami still has what it takes to compose music as great as those of the first two Suikoden games.

As far as my expectation of the music in Suikoden VI, I am looking forward to the game having a set of sounds. From my experience in Suikoden V, as I said, the music is looking good so far. I am almost a hundred percent sure Konami would give us great music for Suikoden VI.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden VI would have a point in the game wherein you go back to some place in previous Suikodens (say, Jowston), it'd be kinda cute if they included themes from, say, Suikoden II in Jowston's place. Remixed, remastered, just as long as it's the original theme with a new vibe to it.

In the case that it takes place in the New Armes Kingdom, I'm leaning towards a more Arabic feel. I'm not really saying anything on the other places, though. :P

Oh, and don't forget Viki's theme. That is, assuming that she will continue to appear.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wasn't Higashino credited with composing a few tracks with Suikoden V?

I was thinking that her situation with Konami was similar to Uemetsu's situation with Square-Enix.

If they go with a completely new composer for Suikoden VI I wouldn't mind hearing what Michiru Yamane could do in a Suikoden game. It's not like it would be completely foreign since she did a lot of work on the Suikoden III soundtrack. Yōko Shimomura would also be a composer I'd love to see come into the fray.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Miki Higashino was back doing work for Konami again. Even if she hasn't done any new Suikoden work it doesn't mean Konami won't ask her to compose the music for Suikoden VI.

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Miki Higashino was on the credits. However, it is only because there are some tracks that was used in Suikoden II( e.g. Orrizonte ) was featured in Suikoden V. Masahiko Kimura played the main role in III and IV. The main composer for V was Norikazu Miura, who was also a sound producer. And he was responsible for all the arrangements. Well, even Fumi Ishikawa was credited, so I don't see why not credit Higashino.

Tullaryx,
Higashino left Konami since 2001 and became a freelance composer. The only project she thoroughly worked for Konami in the Moonlit Shadow soundtrack, along with Yasunori Mitsuda.

Speaking of Mitsuda, how I wish he could do the soundtrack for Suikoden VI, along with Higashino, like Tullaryx said. I've listened to Moonlit Shadow and I thought it was a great soundtrack. They worked well together. But this is only a dream.
trash

Orange Company

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mitsuda and Higashino really sounds good. I love Mistuda's work with Chrono Cross. Noriko Matsueda can also be good.

-Million Dollar Baby
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe they could ask Dragon Force to compose a few songs for the game, adding a little Speed/Fantasy Metal to the mix. Or not.

I guess it could work. LOL.

Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard Noriko Matsueda has quitted game music since Final Fantasy X-2. I think her compositions and the style she fuses has alienated a lot of people though.

Nevertheless, it's very sad that this kind of thing happens
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Mitsuda as much as the next guy, but I don't see how his style would fit Suikoden at all. Norikazu Miura's work in Suikoden V and Tactics really impressed me so there's my vote.
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont think the music in 3 was bad, just that the was many moments when there were no music at all..

lets face it: the music in Alma Kinan village was awesome, and 3 was also the game that introduced the sindar ruins song..

best music in suikoden, and always will be.. Theme of moonlight night!!
as long as they bring that song back in 6 i wil be a happy man.. and you know when it is supposed to be played too :)

and of course keep the sindar ruins theme from 3

"Then I will put an end to your misery.You, the successor to the 27 true Runes, will be granted your eternal slumber.Don't you feel honored?"
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a perfect world, where I could have anything I wanted, Yoko Kanno would write Suikoden music and Aeris would just stay dead.

Okay. Back to reality.

It would be something if they picked up Uematsu now that he's not doing Final Fantasy music anymore. I love the Suiko 1 and 2 music [favorite song - Reminisce] and I love 3 because it was my first Suikoden [Sorry, 4 and Tactics get no love from me]. V's music made the game - well, except the Do Re Mi elves theme that was on the little extra CD you got if you preordered it. Outside of me having my perfect world, I'd like to see a continuation on that theme.

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Norikazu Miura did a great job in Suiko V IMO. I would'nt mind seeing him back on as sound producer for SuikoVI.

What I like to see in a Suikoden sountrack would be some tracks with diffrent instruments like maybe a air guitar for example. I'd think it would be cool to hear some guitar riffs in a boss battle or something like that. I want something little out of the ordinary, but nothing that ruins the whole soundtrack.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say they should really go on a different route and way out from left field and see what kind of music Jeremy Soule can create for the series. Part of me saying that is in jest since I can't see Konami hiring a Westerner to compose the music for their flagship role-playing game series. But another part of me wants to see the series be given a more cinematic and operatic score.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After Suikoden V, I'm not very interested in Suikoden music anymore... sure, it had a few good tracks, but most were very boring. What I miss especially from Suikoden I & II is the choral tracks in the endings. In Suikoden III and V, all we got was a bad midi composition, although Suikoden IV still had a very memorable ending song even if it didn't have a chorus.

There's one glint of hope, and that's Norikazu Miura continuing on the composition and becoming even better than he was in Suikoden IV. (Even though he's credited for the Suikoden V soundtrack, he didn't actually compose most of it.) It's somehow troubling that even the great Castlevania composer Michiru Yamane couldn't make good Suikoden tracks. Higashino's departure was a real loss.

What would save Suikoden VI's music for me? More variation. Better instrument quality. Why is it that the best-sounding Suikoden games were the first two, which were on the PlayStation? Arabic themes would be nice, and also some return to Suikoden I & II's style.

What I'm expecting? Another huge soundtrack of filler tracks with boring opening track by an anime composer like V, and a non-engaging ending theme. Prove me wrong, Konami.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: