Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 4 Unite Attacks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Suikoden 4 Unite Attacks Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what are your thought on the way they did the untie attacks compaired to all the other games.to me i think these unite attacks are just awesome.even though it takes a little bit of time to get them.when you get them the people who get the untie attack to a little scene.funny how dario and gau did theirs.

best unite attack-true friendship attack.deals at least 2000 points a turn.

funniest unite attack-berserk attack with dario and gau.

worst unite attack-true ninja attack.worse one i've seen that only does 200 damange to all enemies.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorites were easily Ted/Aldo's and *smothered laughter* Rienbach/Charlemagne. I about popped a gasket laughing at that last one...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite is pirate attack with Hervey and Sigurd.Hey dont you think best friend attack 1 from the beginning of the game looked cooler than best friend attack 2?
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the adonis one (or pretty boy..i forgot haha) with sigurd hervey and tal..late game ownage baby! i always have those three on my party and never played suikoden 4 without em. Since you can have only four chars per team they were always in my party because they were my faves in 4's bland list of SODs.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Sigurd and Hervey are two the best stars of all time
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The unites had very imaginative animations in S4. The Adonis Attack and Beauty Attack were my favorites. But the True Ninja Attack wasn't the worst. That award goes to Pablo/Warlock's Master/Pupil Attack. It does 150 points of Earth-based bamage to all enemies. It can't even take out random enounters and half of the enemies are immune to it because they fly!

I also didn't like the "clone attacks:" the unites that were exactly the same with different people, right down to the animation. Adonis Attack/Reverse Adonis Attack, Beauty Attack/Allure Attack, All the varieties of the Barrage Attack... Although in the Barrage Attack I liked seiin Lo Hak take the female role and Frereica take the male role in the after animation. :)

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo wrote:
Hey dont you think best friend attack 1 from the beginning of the game looked cooler than best friend attack 2?

i didn't care for it that much.the way they did the true friendship attack was so much better.

Quote:
liked the adonis one (or pretty boy..i forgot haha) with sigurd hervey and tal.

tal isn't in that.your thinking of helmut.tal only unite attack is the 4 knights attack.and that's the adnois attack like you said.don't think there was a pretty boy attack in this game.

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Favorite was the Besker Attack the Funniest to me was the Love love Attack
And the worst of all time was True ninja- That was really more of random damage then anything because one time it only damaged one enemy and did 5 damage to it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
The unites had very imaginative animations in S4.

I agree. The only bad boy in this game's unite system is that you have to "learn" them (you cant execute them right after recruiting them). One example is learning the Knights Attack (Paula, Jewel, Tal, Kenneth), wherein you can only do this in the ship party 2 or 3 (because party 1 will have HeroIV), and you can only have 4 party members
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite would have to be the True Friends Attack as well. Followed by Double Sword attack. I liked the way they animated it, and the ending of it. It just looked better then the original friendship attack, where the hero seems to just follow Snowe.

The funniest would have to be berserker. Although, I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but it did miss sometimes with me.

The worst, would have to be Pupil attack, but I wasn't a fan of True Ninja attack either.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have also missed with the berserker attack.

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The concept of having to learn unites bothered me. In some cases it made sense, as most of these characters had never met each other before coming on the Dauntless and therefore would have to experiment to get uite attacks. But people who were paired before joining you should come with their attack already in place. Things like the Sibling Attack, Pirate Attack, Knight Attack and Father/Daughter Attack should have come already learned.

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
The concept of having to learn unites bothered me. In some cases it made sense, as most of these characters had never met each other before coming on the Dauntless and therefore would have to experiment to get uite attacks. But people who were paired before joining you should come with their attack already in place. Things like the Sibling Attack, Pirate Attack, Knight Attack and Father/Daughter Attack should have come already learned.
Well, uh... maybe becoming a Star of Destiny triggered these difficult maneuvers. But I did like the leveling up on the unite attacks. And you actually have a point there, some people like that should have the unites already learned, I mean, Lazlo and Snowe had the Friendship Attack from the beginning, why shouldn't some people also? It also seems like you have to learn the unites in Suikoden V too, though. Let's see how it goes then!

And yeah, the Love Love Attack is classic. Can't wait to see the narcist unite in V!

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think the unite attacks in Suikoden IV were done well. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the unite attacks in Suikoden IV are the best in the series.

The animations are done very well. The fact that you have to learn each unite attack and each unite attack gets stronger with time makes it more realistic. I mean, assuming they have never met before, wouldn't it be strange for two people to form a cohesive unit and act as a team by doing a unite attack?

But that's as far as where Suikoden IV is good at. Too bad this awesome concept couldn't salvage Suikoden IV from its failure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: