Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenosaga Episode III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finished tonight finally, I think this is the first rpg I finished since V after playing extensively and giving up on so many others like FFXII, grandia III, shadow hearts FTNW... very enjoyable overall, best of the series.

It was much shorter than I expected as I found out earlier after people finished it in less than a week, clocked in around 36 hours doing everything I could see, I don't recall purposely missing a single unbroken breakable item or visible chest, but then again I'm sure there was at least 10% extra time spent getting repeatedly beaten by bosses, and I didn't do any tricky missions so there wasn't much of a point to ever back track.

I'll take back what I said about the pacing being slow like I, getting SP without must using a character to fight plus the nicely placed cut scenes and more voiced over lines made it much less of a grind than I. Although rushing the story and cramming much more stuff than one can understand is still a beating like in I, I guess this time they at least had a good reason do that.

Questions: 1.wasn't shion suppose to be dying or something? since the end of disc one it's always said she will die soon up until she rejected kevin in the end, then all of a sudden she's not dying anymore and suppose to be the one to save the universe?
2.is nephilum mary?
3.am I miss understanding something or was the game suggesting that the "lost Jerusalem" is earth that somehow got destroyed long ago, mary and chaos was there at somepoint, chaos has been wondering around since then with his power sealed away while mary's thoughts were extracted from the UMN which is a network constructed after? the earth was lost, and at the end they were pulling all the gnosis which are "lost" human souls or whatever into a different dimension? where they are recreating the earth? I know I'm completely off somewhere in there but that's what I thought the game was saying.

And I thought the ending was stupid, what's the point having a depressing ending when the reason for it was simply "time is running out"? gee they sure didn't seem all that concerned when wasting so much time talking to each other... and now people has to die... The end was left wide open for more game to come which is good, there just has to be more games in this series so I can get the bad taste of this ending out of my mind. Tomorrow: VP:Silmeria starts.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually heard a rumor that Bamco was going to make a 4th Xenosaga game, and that they said Episode 3 was the last one to give it more publicity. But again that'sa rumor of a Xeno forum so it's doubtful that it'll happen.

I liked the ending, it was very emotional and epic. Yeah there were some plot points missed but overall everything tied together. I'm still confused on the whole Lost Jerusalem thing, but then again most of Xeno's plot is confusing. :P
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:

Questions: 1.wasn't shion suppose to be dying or something? since the end of disc one it's always said she will die soon up until she rejected kevin in the end, then all of a sudden she's not dying anymore and suppose to be the one to save the universe?
2.is nephilum mary?
3.am I miss understanding something or was the game suggesting that the "lost Jerusalem" is earth that somehow got destroyed long ago, mary and chaos was there at somepoint, chaos has been wondering around since then with his power sealed away while mary's thoughts were extracted from the UMN which is a network constructed after? the earth was lost, and at the end they were pulling all the gnosis which are "lost" human souls or whatever into a different dimension? where they are recreating the earth? I know I'm completely off somewhere in there but that's what I thought the game was saying.

Well,

1) This always confused me a bit as well. Shion had the same illness as her mother, and for as long as she came into contact with U-DO, or for as long as KOS-MOS used her power (which came from U-DO), she would eventually lose her life. The best guess I can pull from my sphincter is that since KOS-MOS won't be using her power for a while, Shion's not in any immediate danger. I'll have to replay that part (or just the cutscenes) to understand what's going on.

2) Nephilim is NOT Mary. She was a little girl who lived on Lost Jerusalem, and was the first to disappear when the Zohar emerged. At the end, KOS-MOS gives her powers to Nephilim, but she doesn't transfer Mary's soul to her or anything.

3) Lost Jerusalem IS Earth. I don't know if it was destroyed as much as it just... vanished. I was under the impression the UMN was always around, though.
The rest of it... I'm grasping it only as well as you are. Hehehehe.

Quote:

And I thought the ending was stupid, what's the point having a depressing ending when the reason for it was simply "time is running out"? gee they sure didn't seem all that concerned when wasting so much time talking to each other... and now people has to die... The end was left wide open for more game to come which is good, there just has to be more games in this series so I can get the bad taste of this ending out of my mind. Tomorrow: VP:Silmeria starts.

I don't think the ending was pointlessly depressing. A lot of things were lost or wiped out, or were on the verge of being so, so there was a lot of salvation and reconstruction to be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: