Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

On War: Interpersonal conflicts in the real world and the net

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: On War: Interpersonal conflicts in the real world and the ne Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being a hardend internet warrior and trying to understand mob justice, revenge and what not, I started to wonder about new tactics in the war thing. I don't know what is going on in the world, or how things can be fixed. When I hear about so and so invading whoziwhat all I think is "waah Kuwaizair is posting mean things on my deviant art page" sad to say I aquiant real life terrorism with antics on the net.

All in all they can be tied together. Forum take overs, e-mail bombs, IRC nukes, forum hacks, blacklistings and calling the ISP, all kinder genler ways of fighting. If you bomb conuntry A, country A bombs you back two times, and if they are lucky, countries D,C and E as well. The same is true online-- you say somthing lame, and stupid kids fight against you.

But the real world is filled with bombs and blood. How can messed up wars be fixed within the bounds of the rules? if you fight a very religious enemy why not just try to fight with imagery. Does mental tactics work? If one thinks it out right, would you be able to mar the emotions and mind of your foe without sending them that special heat guided missle you have been saving up for the occasion?

What about psych tactics? When you catch one of your foes, SOME people think using dogs and water and electricity is good for interrogation and torutre. Why not go the ethical rout and just blast some awfull music? Play warped and alterd songs at high frequencies, 5 times with each song playing at a differnt time. Really, thats not going to be slanderd for inhumane torture. I know I don't like being botherd by Alanis Morrsiet, who says that cannot be our new "lets zap them with electricity till they talk?"

I don't know. these are things I think about at work-- finding alterntives to just dropping bombs on cities. Better strategy. If you need to kill, kill them in a differnt fashion. You don't win a fight by stampeding into a place like mad horses.

what do you think?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How can messed up wars be fixed within the bounds of the rules? if you fight a very religious enemy why not just try to fight with imagery. does mental tactics work?

Messed up wars can't be fixed within the bound of the rules. That's why they're messed up.

What do you even mean with fighting religious enemy with imagery? It doesn't make sense, and I don't understand. If you meant to fight them with imaginary army, well you're only winning an imaginary war. Sadly, we live in real world and not an imaginary world. So it's pointless to fight real enemy with imaginary army.

Quote:
what about psych tactics? and when you catch one of your foes, people think using dogs and water and electristy is good for interrogation and torutre. why not go the ethical rout and just blast some awfull music?

Which one do you prefer, do you like it better that someone is punching and kicking you? Or listening to Alanis Morisette? Ask the random people around your neighborhood and your co-workers too of what they think about this and I'm interested to hear what they're going to say.

Quote:
I know I don't like being botherd by Alanis Morrsiet, who says that cannot be our new "lets zap them with electricity till they talk?"

And who says that we need a new "lets zap them with electricity till they talk?" The point is this, you might find blasting crap music (I don't think Alanis is crap by the way) is ethical, but if it's a torture, there is no such thing as ethical torture. If you torture someone, then it's obviously inflicting pain to that person may it be physical pain or mental pain. Inflicting pain like that is not ethical.

Quote:
If you need to kill, kill them in a differnt fashion.

So you're saying that there's a better fashion to kill people? That doesn't make sense.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: On War: Interpersonal conflicts in the real world and th Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

what do you think?

I think when you call yourself a hardened internet warrior, you spend too much time on the intarnets :P

I never really cared for that spectrum of online...it doesn't seem worth it. Does anyone have that picture? You know, even if you win you're still stupid, or something, hehe.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuwaizair : I tried to understand your point, but I don't.

Real wars have no rules. "Modern" wars are bound by the Geneva Convention. That's the 'proper', 'honorable' wars. *shrug*
In war, to win, everything is fair. Psychological tactics, deceitful strategies, bringing in more allies, turning the other's people against them...
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke wrote:
Kuwaizair : I tried to understand your point, but I don't.

Real wars have no rules. "Modern" wars are bound by the Geneva Convention. That's the 'proper', 'honorable' wars. *shrug*
In war, to win, everything is fair. Psychological tactics, deceitful strategies, bringing in more allies, turning the other's people against them...

yeh, I was listing to some radio news, we could of gotten a bunch of terrorists but apparenly they were alone in a cemertary. can't bomb that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: