Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Good Characters in Suikoden II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I put a Double Beat and another miscellaneous attack up rune on Viktor every game. He just happens to be my favorite character in the series (with Sasarai at a close second), so he's always in my party, regardless of his effectiveness in customizability.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I love Gremio. So I use him no matter what. Viktor was a damn good character.

I figure there must be a way to pimp Futch up.

And Blue, on your Valeria calculations, you put 600 instead of 6000. Now only if it was.....60 000....
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Instead of giving Humphrey a Gale Rune, why don't you give one of your faster party members (Nanami's a good one) a Spark Rune?

i generally don't use him much; it was just a choice for strong characters that included him-after the highway village quest, i tend not to use him; i usually give camus or someone else a gale; nanami also does some awesome damage with a double beat, shiro (some might find this an odd choice) can also deal out some good damage with a double beat equipped.

i tend to forget about spark and some of the others; it's just a preference for me on the double beat :D
Shiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although Anita can't get critical hits with her Falcon rune, I still bring her along with Valeria to many boss battles. With a Balance rune on Valeria, and a Fury or Double-Strike on Anita, their unite attack can do insane amounts of damage every round. I like to use Rina because she has good attack skills along with high magic, like Rubi from Suikoden I. Lately I made a final party of Riou, McDohl, Valeria, Anita, Rina, and Luc, and the Beast Rune fell quite easily. Sometimes I replace Rina with Kinnison (since he's one of my favorite characters) equipped with Fury + Double Beat and that works well too.
Dark Viktor

The sleeping deaf guys

24500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor with a double beat rune+killer rune+LV 16 weapon=Pain severe pain
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, giving him a Double Beat and a Fury would be guarantee more damage. I can't stand Killer runes.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And if you add in a friendship along with that combination, he'll cause more pain...

Of course, Kindness is possible as well, but i hate doing the kindness rune trick, and i'd rather let Riou who's always in the party have the kindness rune...

Shiro is good in the early parts of the game till mid way. A double beat, and he can take out most enemies. But later in the game, when the other characters are able to sharpen their weapons to higher levels, Shiro will tend to lose out on attack very quickly...

Nontheless, i've ever used Shiro and Kinnison for beast rune, and it was beatable anyway... Heck, the worst ever i tried was Riou and the 5 squirrels. Tough time, but beast rune was still beatable...

Must be quite an insult to it though... To be screwed by 5 squirrels and a human...
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The characters that I use are:

1. Humphrey (front row)- I like Humphrey because he is a great attacker and his defense is off the chart at level 58 my defense with him was a little over 300. The runes I use are double-beat rune and a fury rune.

2. Georg Prime (front row)- George has also a great attack, defense, and speed. Even though his magic and magic defense is terrible his armor allows him to halve darkness magic. I put a double-beat rune on him and if he were to ever gain two slots I would put a fury rune on him.

3. Pesmerga (front row)- Well I am sure you all know the reasons that I would use him. He is good in almost all stats and his magic ai also good. Paired with a double-beat rune and fury if he gits a second slot.

4. Riou (back row)- well of course with yet again fury and double-beat along with his bright shield.

5. Bob (back row)- The way I use him is attach a fury rune to him and along with his rabid fang he does a lot of damage.

6. Stallion (back row)- I use stallion even though his stats are not to good, but when you give him a spark rune no one can beat his speed and you always attack first with everyone.

I get all my double-beat and fury runes from cut rabbits in the begining of the game at North Sparrow Pass and Fury runes from Muse before the Beast rune because they restock in the rare finds.

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
Another character that I think could be dealing huge damage is Siegfried because he's the only monster type character with 2 open rune slots.

2000 x 2.0 (Exertion Rune) = 4000

Correct me if I'm mistaken but Sigfried is an animal so he cannot equip a Rune on his weapon because he doesn't have one ¿Right?

Well I tend to customize all characters so that they Boost al their abilities, I rather prefer a Jack of all trades than a powerhorse In one stat only.

I personally equip Clive with 2 double beat Runes, his excess of tech make him shoot his rifle like if it were a Machine Gun!

Well I try to get Flik, Camus & Miklotov together because of their pretty boy attack, it truly breaks havoc on the enemy lines!, but that Knight rune in Miklotov sometimes makes me very, very annoyed...

Well finally im a fan of the Unite which involves Luc, Sasuke and Futch eventough it shares some damage to the last two is pretty nice to watch...
I boost the Speed stat of the 3 because I love to have fast characters in my party, I just hate it when the enemy gets the upper hand in battle!
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one mentioned Hix and Tengaar! Tengaar's magic builds really well, and giving her the Mother Earth rune is always a good idea. I tend to put the Double Strike rune on Hix to bump up his attack for the duo's unite, which usually does well over 2000 in the end, if their weapons have been sharpened and whatnot. ;3

Millie is another great magician, and is usually my candidate for a Blue Gate rune.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg Prime has a powerful attack once you get him and his weapon leveled up.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden2's characters are very hard to choose between, but here are some of my favorite characters, and why do I prefer them from others. Anyway, I will write only about my three favorite ones (absolutely other than the Hero and McDhol).

My first choice would be Luc because he proved to be very useful when given a Cyclone rune; he could inflect a lot of damage to enemies and even heal other characters at the same time.

My second choice would be Mikolotv because he looks very good while fighting, also considered to be semi powerful with his sword, and even have pretty powerful combo with Flik and Camus.

My last choice would be Viki, I really do not know why she is one of my favorites, I think because I love seeing her do her teleportation magic and she is also a powerful mage, I also like her look she is so cute and I am sure that behind this smile is one scary girl.

That is all I can think of for now maybe I will tell you more after replaying Suikoden2 once more.

(Edit)...

Whew, I think I got way out of trail (so typical of me), sorry far that.

So speaking about what I did to get my characters to be strong in battle, I really did not need to attach any powering runes to my characters, since I only depended on my characters levels and the power of the equipments that I give them.

The only powering rune I used is the (Double-Beat Rune) even if I do not notice any difference in the attack damage that my characters inflict, I only attached it because I did not know what to give a character with low magic status.

Anyway, I do apologize again for my earlier mistake.

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

millie is great with the cyclone rune her magic goes all the way to 186 ( millie and riou's magic are very similar ) she is able to get 2 4th level rune slots , 9 1st level slots she is not good with only 2 runes water and ressurection she's great with blue gate ,fire and lightning ,
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Rikkimaru (Sorry if spelled wrong) even more now after reading Suikox's page about him in the specualtion part of this site. It would be cool if their information all panned out. Time will only tell.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Rina because of her battle stats, then my next choice would be Jowy yeah even he is become our enemy but he has a good character development. The Shu he's a Jackass on his own and my most favourite is Luc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: