Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Boss in I & II
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Boss
Luca Blight
73%
 73%  [ 46 ]
Neclord
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Barbarosa (Golden Hydra)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zodiac Sword
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Beast Rune (Silver Wolf)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Lucia
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Sonya
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Seed and Culgan
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 63

Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Best Boss in I & II Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well here is a poll, and well to say, I give my props to Neclord. He was evil, like a boss should be; he had no reason for his cause, as if he needs one; and in battle he was hard as diamond and annoying as a 3-year-old on candy. Give your opinion, and if I missed one, please let me know. And when I say boss, I mean one with an impotant role.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the beast rune, hands down; a manifestation of evil that exists solely for the sake of killing qualfies for top slot.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's Luca. I mean it took almost the entire City-state army to take him down. 18 playable characters, plus all those archers, and a duel with hero2.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight. Great battle music, you get to use so many characters to take the monster down, and it was overall the most entertaining battle in any RPG ever.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight. The true climax of Suikoden II. Everything else that came after were merely an epilogue to the story.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca. It takes hundreds of arrows and 3 whole teams just to weaken him down enough for the hero to finish him... you don't get any more badass than that...
The scene really gives you the feeling that this is the final battle(although it isn't), that everything depends on it. And even when you're ambushing him, with the whole army at your side, you can feel he's got the advantage...

Makes you wish more battles would let you use more than one team.

As for Neclord, somehow, at least in 2, i find him terribly easy. I usually beat him in one turn.

All the way to the edge of this world
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Luca aswell, for reasons already stated :)
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca, most certainly. He was one of the few bosses in any game I completely dreaded. I did a lot of things to avoid fighting him, but eventually accepted the inevitable. Turned out to be a very powerful battle sequence. Not to mention difficult.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted Luca, and i loved every bit of the fight with him except for one point. That he is finished off by the Hero.

Why? Because this guy can survive fire and lightning and other elements blasted at him, swords slashed repeatedly at him, arrows piercing him constantly, and end up killed by TONFAS... Not that Tonfas are horrible weapons or anything, i love them in fact, but being wacked but wood SO shouldn't kill him.

Same logic that Teo shouldn't die under a few wacks from a Bo stick, only Teo's account is worse because at least Luca was severely weakened by several other more devastating methods before being wacked to death, but an entirely healthy general clad in heavy armour is killed by his son with a few wacks from a stick... Man... I can't stand it... And well, lightning should strike Tir for wacking his father anyway... And worst, killing your own father...
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted luca reasons already stated.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While he wasent much of a boss the events leading up to it are what make me vote for neclord. Sure luca blight had a lot of that too; but only neclord had the bad ass battle music.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hands down on Luca. I enjoyed every second of the slaughter that was delivered unto his inhuman soul. Nothing hath been more enjoyable in my gaming experience, save beating Metal Gear Solid, but that's another story.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A poll is unnecessary. Luca is, and will be forever, THE boss battle.

Also, I agree with Kobold... The finishing blow done by a kid with Tonfas? Give me a break. That's one of the many reasons to hate Riou. Actually, a stick can be much more poweful, so Teo's death wasn't so bad. And Tir is cool...
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I as well say that Luca is the best boss since it took about 18 or more people to beat him (in the battle) with Neclord in close second

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people are bashing the fact that Tonfa can own someone pretty darn fast. I'll provide examples:

1. Riou uses METAL PLATED tonfa, so Luca is actually getting beaten by reinforced wood.

2. Tonfa are a bludgeoning weapon.
2.5. Luca is wearing armor
Point 2 Corollary: Since Luca wears armor, designed to protect one from sword slashes, a bludgeoning weapon can knock that armor in, effectively causing more damage to Luca than a sword. (One thing that could disprove this, however, is the fact that Luca was assaulted and damaged by arrows, many of which would have not hurt him because of the armor)

3. Any weapon can be deadly in the right hands, as long as the wielder knows how to use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: